Exaltation

歡頌

23.1Then the gods from the pure realms circumambulated the Thus-Gone One, who sat at the seat of awakening. They showered him with a rain of divine sandalwood powder and praised him with these fitting verses: [358]

23.1那時,來自淨土的天神右繞坐在菩提座上的如來,向他灑下天界檀香粉如雨般紛紛,並用這些恰當的詩句讚歎他:

“You are a light that has dawned upon this world!
「你是照亮這個世界的光明!
Illuminating Lord of the World,
照耀世界的世尊,
You have given eyes for abandoning afflictions
你賜予眾生放棄煩惱的眼睛
To this world gone blind!
照亮這個陷入盲目的世界!
“You are victorious in battle!
「你在戰鬥中獲得勝利!
Through merit you have fulfilled your aim!
你通過福德成就了你的目標!
Replete with virtuous qualities,
圓滿具足善法,
You will satisfy beings!
你將滿足眾生!
“Sinless, you have crossed the mire
「無罪者,你已渡過泥沼
And stand on dry ground, O Gautama!
並站在乾地上,喬答摩啊!
You will ferry across other sentient beings,
你將度脫其他眾生。
Who are carried away by the swift current!
被急流沖走的眾生!
“Your great insight exalts you!
「你的偉大觀慧使你超越眾生!
You are without peer throughout the worlds! [F.172.a]
你在所有世界中都是無與倫比的!
You are untainted by mundane concerns,
你不為世俗之事所污染,
Like a lotus floating on water!
如同蓮花浮於水上!
“With the torch of your insight,
「以你的智慧之光,
You can awaken
你能夠喚醒
This long-slumbering world,
這個長久沉睡的世界,
Shrouded in the fog of darkness!
籠罩在黑暗的霧靄中!
“Into the world of the living,
「進入生者的世界,
Chronically troubled with the disease of afflictions,
長期為煩惱的病所困擾,
You have come, O King of Physicians,
你已來臨,至尊醫王,
To cure the world of all illnesses!
為了治療世界的一切病苦!
“Now that you have appeared, O Lord,
「如今世尊您已降臨,
The unfortunate states will become vacant!
惡趣將會空無一人!
Gods and humans
天神和人類
Will become filled with happiness!
將充滿快樂!
“Those who seek to behold you,
「那些想要見到你的人,
O Gentle Bull among Men,
溫柔的人中之牛啊,
Will never go to the lower realms
永遠不會墮入惡道
For thousands of eons!
經過千劫!
“Those who listen to the Dharma
「那些聽聞法的人
Will become scholars and be free of illness.
將成為學者而得無病。
They will be profound and bring an end to the aggregates,
他們將證得甚深之法,並終止五蘊。
And be free from fear!
並遠離恐懼!
“As they sever the bonds of affliction,
「當他們斷除煩惱的束縛時,
They will all be free of clinging
他們都將遠離取
And swiftly become liberated,
迅速得到解脫,
And thus attain the fruition of supreme virtue!
從而證得至高德行的果實!
“They will be objects of generosity in the world,
他們將成為世界中布施的對象,
Worthy of receiving gifts!
值得接受布施!
Donations to them will not diminish,
對他們的布施不會減少,
But become causes for all beings to reach nirvāṇa!” [359]
反而會成為一切眾生證得涅槃的因緣!

Monks, once the gods from the realm of the pure realms had praised the Thus-Gone One in this manner, they prostrated to the Thus-Gone One with palms joined and stood to one side.

比丘們,當那些來自淨土的天神以這樣的方式讚歎如來之後,他們雙手合掌向如來頂禮,然後站到一旁。

23.13Monks, then the luminous gods paid homage to the Thus-Gone One sitting at the seat of awakening with a plethora of flowers, incense, perfumes, garlands, unguents, parasols, standards, and flags. When the offerings had been made, they circumambulated him three times and then praised him with these verses:

23.13比丘們,之後光明天神用眾多的鮮花、香、香油、花環、香膏、傘蓋、旌旛和彩旗向坐在菩提座上的如來頂禮。供養完畢後,他們右繞如來三圈,然後用以下偈頌讚歎他:

“Your mind is profound, O Sage, and your voice is sweet;
您的心境深遠啊,賢者,您的聲音甘美;
O Supreme Sage, your song-like voice is melodious like Brahmā’s.
至尊賢者啊,你歌唱般的聲音如梵天般悅耳動聽。
You have discovered the absolute awakening, most sublime!
您已證得至高無上的覺悟!
Homage to you, who has reached the culmination of all melodious tunes!
頂禮您,已達到所有悅耳歌曲的圓滿境地者!
“You are protection, an island, the highest goal!
「你是庇護,是島嶼,是最高的目標!」
You are the compassionate and loving lord of this world!
你是這個世界的慈悲、充滿愛心的世尊!
You are the supreme physician, remover of thorns!
您是至高無上的醫生,拔除荊棘者!
You are the healer who brings sublime benefit!
你是帶來殊勝利益的療癒者!
“As soon as you saw Buddha Dīpaṃkara, [F.172.b]
「你一見到燃燈佛,
You attained the cloud masses of love and compassion.
你證得了慈悲的雲海。
Release a torrential downpour of ambrosia, O Lord!
世尊啊,請降下甘露的傾盆大雨!
Quell the torment of gods and humans!
消除天神和人類的苦難!
“Like a lotus you are untainted by the three worlds!
「您如同蓮花,不被三界的污染所沾染!
Like Meru you are immovable and unshakable!
如同須彌山,您堅固不動、穩定不搖!
Like a vajra your pledge is unwavering!
如金剛杵般,你的誓願堅定不移!
Like the moon you are replete with the best of all qualities!”
像月亮一樣,你具足所有最殊勝的品質!

Monks, once the luminous gods had praised the Thus-Gone One so, they bowed to him with palms joined and stood to one side.

比丘們,光明天神以這樣的方式讚歎了如來之後,就向他合掌禮拜,然後退到一旁站著。

23.18Then the gods from the Brahma realm, led by the son of gods, Subrahman, covered the Thus-Gone One sitting at the seat of awakening with a jewel net studded with many trillions of gems. They circumambulated him three times, then praised him with these fitting verses:

23.18那時梵天領域的天神,由天神之子梵眾天帶領,用鑲滿無數兆顆寶石的寶石網覆蓋了坐在菩提座上的如來。他們右繞如來三圈,然後用這些恰當的偈頌讚歎他:

“With your virtuous and stainless insight, you radiate and shine.
「以你清淨無垢的智慧觀,你光耀璀璨。
You are replete with the thirty-two most sublime characteristics;
你圓滿具足三十二種最殊勝的特徵;
Attentive and intelligent, you possess wisdom.
你專注而聰慧,具足智慧。
Tireless One, to you we bow down.
不疲勞者,我們向你頂禮。
“Utterly devoid of the three stains, you are stainless and pure.
「完全遠離三毒,你是無垢而清淨的。
Renowned throughout the three worlds, discoverer of the threefold knowledge,
在三界中聞名遠播,三明的發現者,
You bestow insight into the threefold liberation.
你賦予我們三解脫的觀。
We bow to you who possesses the three stainless eyes. [360]
我們敬禮您具有三淨眼的聖者。[360]
“You have banished this foul dark eon, you of well-restrained mind;
「你以調伏的心,驅除了這個污濁黑暗的劫;
Exalted in compassion and love, you work for the welfare of beings.
您超越慈悲與慈愛,為了眾生的利益而努力。
Sage Exalted in Joy, your mind is tranquil;
賢者,喜悅殊勝,你的心念寧靜;
Deliverer from Doubt, you delight in impartiality.
疑惑的救度者,你在捨心中喜悅。
“Exalted in discipline and austerity, you act for the welfare of beings;
「精修戒律與苦行,你為眾生的福祉而行動;
Having purified your own conduct, you have reached the culmination of conduct.
淨化了自己的行為,你已達到行為的究竟。
As the teacher of the four truths, you delight in emancipation;
作為四諦的師父,你喜悅於解脫;
Being liberated yourself, you liberate other beings as well.
你自己解脫了,也使其他眾生得到解脫。
“When Māra, powerful and persistent, arrived,
「當魔強大而執著地到來時,
You defeated him with your insight, diligence, and love,
你用觀、精進和慈心戰勝了他,
And then you attained the deathless supreme state.
然後你證得了不死的最高境界。
Vanquisher of the Villainous Hordes, to you we pay homage!”
邪惡軍隊的征服者,我們向您禮敬!

Monks, once the gods of the Brahma realm, led by the god Subrahman, had praised the Thus-Gone One with these verses, [F.173.a] they bowed to him with palms joined and stood to one side.

比丘們,梵天的天神們,由梵眾天領導,用這些偈頌讚歎如來之後,他們向如來合掌禮拜,然後站到一旁。

23.24Then those sons of Māra who were on the side of righteousness approached the Thus-Gone One and covered him with giant jewel parasols and canopies. Then with palms joined, they praised the Thus-Gone One with these fitting verses:

23.24那些站在正義一方的魔的兒子們隨後來到如來面前,用巨大的寶傘和華蓋為如來遮蔽。然後他們合掌,用這些恰當的偈頌讚歎如來:

“When we, the dreadful army of Māra, appeared before you,
當我們魔軍這支可怕的隊伍出現在你面前時,
In your vast power, you vanquished instantaneously our terrifying demonic horde,
在你的廣大威力之下,你瞬間摧毀了我們可怕的魔軍,
Without rising, moving, or saying a word.
不起身、不移動、不說一句話。
Sage who accomplishes all aims and is honored in the three worlds, we pay homage to you!
成就一切目標、受到三界尊敬的賢者,我們向您致敬!
“The trillions of demonesses, numerous as the grains of sand in the river Ganges,
「數以兆計的羅剎女,數量如恆河中的沙粒一樣眾多,
Could not move or sway you from the trunk of the sublime Bodhi tree;
無法使你從殊勝菩提樹的樹幹上動搖或偏移。
They made trillions of offerings to you, as many as the grains of sand in the Ganges.
他們向你供養了無數的禮物,多如恆河沙粒一般。
That is why, O Lord, seated here today at the foot of the Bodhi tree, you shine!
正因為此,世尊啊,你今日坐在菩提樹下,光明照耀!
“While pursuing the conduct of supreme awakening,
在追求無上正等覺的修行中,
You gave up your dearest wives, beloved sons, servants, gardens, towns,
你捨棄了最親愛的妃子、心愛的兒子、僕人、園林、城鎮,
Your cities, kingdoms, harems, and elephants, [361]
你的城邦、國家、后妃宮和象隊,
Your heads, eyes, tongues, and feet‍—that is why you shine today!
你們的頭顱、眼睛、舌頭和雙足——這就是為什麼你們今天光芒四射!
“ ‘As a buddha, wearing the armor of concentration, miraculous power, and intelligence,
「身為佛,穿戴著定、神通和智慧的甲冑,
I myself will ferry across trillions of beings, swept away in the ocean of suffering,
我自己將度脫無數被沖入苦難之海的眾生,
In the ship of the sublime Dharma.’ This aspiration that you repeatedly voiced
在崇高法的船中。』你們反覆發願的這個誓願
Is now fulfilled, and you will liberate all beings!
現在已經圓滿了,你將解脫所有眾生!
“By the merit of praising you, Most Eminent of Speakers, who gave eyes to the world,
「憑藉稱讚你的福德,最殊勝的說法者,你為世界帶來了光明,」
May we all, rejoicing, aspire to omniscience!
願我們全都歡喜地誓願證得一切智!
As we attain the sublime and peerless awakening that all buddhas praise,
當我們證得一切諸佛所讚歎的殊勝無上覺悟時,
May we defeat the demon hordes and awaken to omniscience!” [F.173.b]
願我們摧伏魔軍,成就一切智的覺悟!

Monks, once the sons of Māra had praised the Thus-Gone One in this manner, with palms joined they bowed to the Thus-Gone One and stood to one side.

比丘們,魔王之子們用這樣的方式讚頌了如來之後,合掌向如來頂禮,然後站到一旁。

23.30Then a god from the Heaven of Making Use of Others’ Emanations, surrounded and escorted by millions of gods, sprinkled the Thus-Gone One with golden lotuses from the Jambū River. Then, in his presence, they praised him with these verses:

23.30當時,從化樂天來的一位天神,被數百萬天神圍繞護衛,用閻浮河的金色蓮花灑向如來。然後他們在如來面前,用這些偈頌讚嘆他:

“Your speech is gentle, calm, and forthright;
「你的言語溫和、寧靜而坦誠;
Free of the stains of darkness, you have realized the immortal state.
你已超越黑暗的污染,證得了不死的境界。
You deserve an unparalleled treatment in heaven and on earth;
你在天上和人間都應該獲得無比的尊敬禮遇;
Your intelligence is blazing‍—to you we bow!
你的智慧光輝燦爛——我們向你頂禮!
“You bring joy and have abandoned afflictions and removed stains and blemishes;
「你帶來了喜樂,遠離了煩惱,清除了污垢和瑕疵;
With your joyous speech, you delight gods and humans! [362]
以你充滿喜悅的言語,使天神和人類都感到歡樂!
With the light rays from your stainless and effulgent sublime body,
以你無垢、光耀的殊勝身體發出的光明,
You triumph over this world, like the master of gods and humans!
你勝越此世界,如同天神與人類的主宰者!
“Vanquisher of Foes, you are knowledgeable in the conduct of others;
「降伏怨敵者,你智慧洞悉他人的行為;
Beloved in the world of gods and humans, you overturn the thoughts of others;
在天神和人類的世界中受到喜愛,你推翻了他人的思想;
Brilliant and Wise One, you illuminate the conduct of others.
光明聰慧者,你照亮他人的行為。
Walk here on this path traversed by those with the ten powers!
請在這條由具足十力者所走過的道路上前行!
“Having relinquished the ubiquitous clinging to existence, suffering falsely construed,
「已經放棄了普遍存在的對輪迴的執著,對苦的錯誤理解,
May you train gods and humans by training their minds.
願你透過訓練他們的心靈來教導天神和人類。
May you course in the sky throughout the four directions like the moon,
願你如月亮般在四方的天空中運行,
And so be a sublime eye and a final refuge in these three worlds!
因此,成為這三界中的崇高眼目和最終皈依吧!
“Though beloved in the world of gods and humans, you do not gravitate toward sense objects;
「雖然在天神和人類的世界中備受喜愛,但你不會被感官對象所吸引;
Without indulging in desire, you take pleasure in virtue.
不貪戀欲望,卻以德行為樂受。
Proclaimed far and wide, you are without equal in the three worlds;
你的名聲遠播四方,在三界中無人能及;
You are the protector, the refuge, the only resort of beings here!”
你是眾生的保護者、皈依處,是此處唯一的歸依!

Monks, once the gods from the Heaven of Making Use of Others’ Emanations, led by the god in charge, had praised the Thus-Gone One, with palms joined they bowed to him and stood to one side. [F.174.a]

比丘們,當他化自在天的天神在其領導者的帶領下讚頌了如來之後,他們合掌向他敬禮,然後退到一旁站立。

23.36Next the god Sunirmita, surrounded and escorted by an assembly of gods from the Heaven of Delighting in Emanations, covered the Thus-Gone One with ribbons of silk studded with various gemstones, and in his presence praised him with these verses:

23.36其次,淨天神與化樂天的諸天神眾圍繞護衛,用綴有各種寶石的絲帶覆蓋如來,在如來面前以這些偈頌讚歎他:

“You are the light of Dharma that has arisen from relinquishing the three stains;
「你是從捨棄三毒而出現的法光;
You destroy delusion, beliefs, and ignorance, and unfold brilliance and glory!
你摧毀癡、邪見和無明,展現光輝和榮耀!
You place in the deathless state those who indulge in the wrong path! [363]
你將沉溺於邪道的眾生安置於不死法中!
You are an object of veneration here in the world, honored in heaven and earth!
你是這世界中值得尊敬的對象,在天地間都受到尊敬!
“You are a physician skilled in healing, who dispenses the elixir of happiness.
你是一位精通療愈的醫生,施予幸福的甘露。
Through the path of the previous victorious ones, you eradicate all illnesses of beings,
你透過以往勝者所走的道路,消除所有眾生的疾病,
The lingering symptoms of false belief, affliction, and ignorance that has accumulated.
長期積累的虛假信念、煩惱和無明的症狀。
For this reason, you are the sublime physician and guide who courses upon the earth.
為此,你是殊勝的醫生和導師,遊行於大地之上。
“Sunlight, moonlight, stars, firelight, and the luster of jewels,
「日光、月光、星光、火光和寶石的光輝,」
The luster of Śakra and Brahmā‍—none of it shines in the presence of your splendor!
釋提桓因和梵天的光輝——都無法在你的光彩面前發光!
With your brilliance and illuminating insight, you are replete with radiance and glory!
以你的光輝和照亮的觀,你充滿光明與榮耀!
To you whose extraordinary wisdom has directly manifested, we bow down!
我們向您頂禮!您非凡的智慧已經直接顯現。
“Consummate Guide, whose melodious speech relates what is true and untrue,
「圓滿的導師,你的語言優美,能夠述說真實和不真實的事物,
Whose mind is gentle, composed, with subdued sense faculties, and great calmness,
心意溫和柔軟,內心平靜穩定,諸根調順,具足大寂靜。
A teacher who can instruct the audiences of gods and humans in need of instruction,
一位能夠教化需要教導的天神和人類大眾的師父,
To you, Sage of the Śākyas, bull among men, honored by gods and humans, we pay homage!
釋迦牟尼佛,人中之牛,受天神和人類敬禮者,我們向您禮敬!
“In your intelligence, you hold wisdom instructions to be supreme and convey them throughout the three existences;
「在你的智慧中,你將智慧教誡視為至高無上,並且在三界中廣泛傳播它們;
You remove the three stains and teach the threefold knowledge and the threefold liberation.
你去除三毒,教導三明和三解脫。
O Sage, you understand, according to intellect, who is a fitting vessel and who is not!
聖者啊,你根據智慧理解,誰是合適的器皿,誰不是。
To you, unique in the trichiliocosm and honored in heavens and on earth, we pay homage!”
我們向您致敬,您在三千大千世界中獨一無二,在天上和人間都受到尊崇!

Monks, once the god Sunirmita and his entourage had praised the Thus-Gone One, with palms joined they bowed down to the Thus-Gone One and sat to one side.

比丘們,當淨天天神和他的眷屬讚歎如來之後,他們合掌向如來頂禮,然後坐在一旁。

23.42Next the god Santuṣita, along with other gods from the Heaven of Joy, approached the Thus-Gone One as he sat at the seat of awakening and draped him with a vast patchwork of divine garments. [F.174.b] [364] Then he praised the Thus-Gone One in his presence with these verses:

23.42接著知足天的天神,連同喜樂天的其他天神,來到坐在菩提座上的如來面前,用廣大的天界衣服拼布為他披上。然後他在如來面前用這些偈頌讚嘆如來:

“When you were dwelling in the Heaven of Joy, you taught the Dharma liberally.
「當你住在喜樂天時,你曾廣泛地教導了法。」
That teaching of yours continues unabated; even today the gods practice the Dharma.
你那個教法持續不斷;即使到了今天,天神們仍在修行法。
We cannot get enough of looking at you, nor can we get enough of listening to the Dharma;
我們看不夠你的面容,也聽不夠你說的法;
Ocean of Good Qualities, Lamp of the World, to you we bow with head and heart.
善德海、世界燈,我們以頭和心向你敬禮。
“When you departed from the Heaven of Joy, you exhausted all unfortunate states;
「當你從喜樂天離開時,你消除了所有惡趣;」
Then, while seated at the Bodhi tree, you quelled the afflictions of all beings.
然後,你坐在菩提樹下,平息了一切眾生的煩惱。
To those for whom you discovered vast awakening and defeated Māra,
對於那些你為他們發現了廣大覺悟、並擊敗了魔的眾生,
With your aspiration now fulfilled, quick, turn the wheel of Dharma in detail!
你的誓願已經圓滿,快速地詳細轉動法輪吧!
“There are many thousands of beings throughout the ten directions;
「十方有無數的眾生;」
Let the Dharma be heard by those who seek it!
讓這法被那些尋求它的人聽聞!
May you make haste to turn the wheel in detail!
祈願你快速詳細地轉動法輪!
May you liberate those thousands of creatures from existence!”
願你將那些成千上萬的眾生從輪迴中解脫出來!

Monks, once the god Santuṣita and his entourage had praised the Thus-Gone One, with palms joined they bowed to him and sat to one side.

比丘們,知足天天神及其隨從讚頌了如來之後,合掌向他禮拜,然後坐在一旁。

23.46Then the gods from the Heaven Free from Strife, led by the god Suyāma, went to where the Thus-Gone One was seated. When they arrived, they worshiped the Thus-Gone One sitting at the seat of awakening with a plethora of flowers, incense, garlands, perfumes, and unguents, and in his presence they praised him with these fitting verses:

23.46然後兜率天的天神,以善時天為首,前往如來所在之處。他們到達後,用眾多的花、香、花環、香水和香膏來禮敬坐在菩提座上的如來,並在他面前用這些恰當的偈頌讚頌他:

“Who is superior to you, you who are without equal
「誰能超越你,你這無與倫比的人?」
In discipline, absorption, and insight?
在戒律、三昧和觀上有誰能勝過您?
To you, Thus-Gone One, adept in inclinations and liberation,
向您頂禮,如來,精通眾生根性與解脫之道,
We pay homage with our heads bowed!
我們恭敬頂禮!
“We witness at the seat of awakening
我們在菩提座見證
The magnificent displays performed by the gods.
天神們所呈現的華麗表演。
How you are worshiped by gods and humans!
你被天神和人類所景仰!
No one else deserves this at all!
沒有其他人值得得到這一切!
“It is not in vain that you have come,
「你的降臨絕非徒勞,
Enduring great hardship in the process. [365]
在此過程中忍受了極大的苦難。
Defeating the wicked one and his army
打敗惡魔及其眷屬
You attained unexcelled awakening. [F.175.a]
你證得了無上菩提。
“You have illuminated the ten directions,
「你已經照亮了十方,
Lit up the three worlds with the lamp of your insight.
用你的觀慧之燈照亮了三界。
It is you who will remove the world’s cataracts,
你將除去世界的白障,
Bestowing upon it unexcelled eyes!
賦予它無上的眼睛!
“Praising you for an eon
讚頌你經歷一劫
Will not even cover the pores of your body.
都無法覆蓋你身體的毛孔。
Ocean of Good Qualities, renowned throughout the world,
善德的大海啊,聞名遍於世界,
To you, Thus-Gone One, we pay homage with our heads bowed!”
向您敬禮,如來,我們以低眉順眼的頭顱向您致敬!

Once the gods from the Heaven Free from Strife, led by the god Suyāma, had praised the Thus-Gone One, with palms joined they bowed to the Thus-Gone One and then stood to one side.

兜率天的天神在善時天神的帶領下,向如來讚頌完畢,就合掌向如來頂禮,然後退居一旁站立。

23.52Then Śakra, lord of the gods, together with the gods from the Heaven of the Thirty-Three, paid homage to the Thus-Gone One with a display of flowers, incense, garlands, unguents, parasols, standards, and flags, then praised him with these verses:

23.52然後釋提桓因與忉利天的天神們一起,用花、香、花環、香膏、傘蓋、幡幢和旗幟供養如來,並用以下偈頌讚歎他:

“O Sage, you are unflappable, faultless, and ever stable, like Mount Meru!
「賢者啊,你不可動搖、無過失,恆常如須彌山般穩固!
With merit and splendor, your wisdom light is renowned throughout the ten directions!
以福德和光輝,你的智慧之光遍滿十方而聞名遐邇!
O Sage, you previously paid homage to hundreds of thousands of buddhas,
賢者啊,你過去曾禮敬數百千萬尊諸佛,
And in their place, you have overcome the demon horde at the Bodhi tree!
你已經在菩提樹下克服了魔軍!
“Source of discipline, learning, absorption, and insight, you are the banner of wisdom!
「戒律、學問、三昧和觀的源頭,你是智慧的旗幟!
Destroyer of old age and death, you are the supreme physician, who gives eyes to the world!
摧滅老死的醫者,你是無上的醫師,為世界賦予光明!
O Sage, having cast off the three defilements and defects, your sense faculties are restrained, your mind composed!
聖者啊,您已經捨棄了三種煩惱和缺陷,您的諸根已經調伏,您的心已經安定!
To you, O Bull among Śākyas, Dharma King of Beings, we go for refuge!
我們向你皈依,釋迦族中的牛,眾生的法王!
“Your work to achieve awakening, exalted by the force of your perseverance, was infinite!
「你為了達成覺悟所做的功課,因為堅持的力量而高尚偉大,是無限的!」
Your powers‍—the powers of your insight, skillful means, love, and great merit‍—
你的力——觀的力、方便的力、慈的力,以及廣大的福德——
Were already infinite, O Blessed One, when you set out for the state of awakening!
世尊啊,當您為了達到覺悟的境界而出發時,您的力量——洞察智慧的力量、方便善巧的力量、慈悲的力量和廣大福德的力量——就已經是無限的了!
Thus you have the strength of the ten powers today on the seat of awakening! [366]
因此,你今日在菩提座上具有十力的力量!
“Seeing the infinite hordes of armies, the gods became anxious and frightened,
「看到無量的軍隊大軍,天神們變得焦慮且害怕,
Lest the King of Mendicants in repose at the seat of awakening should be troubled. [F.175.b]
恐怕沙門之王在菩提座上休息時會受到擾亂。
But the spirits did not frighten you, nor could they move your body;
但那些餓鬼並未能嚇唬你,也無法撼動你的身體;
Rather your hand struck hard, shaking them, and you defeated Māra’s army.
反而是你的手用力一擊,震撼了他們,你擊敗了魔的軍隊。
“Just as the previous ones attained sublime awakening on the lion throne,
「就如同先前的諸佛在獅子座上證得涅槃一樣,
You have followed in their footsteps; you awakened and became the same as them.
你追隨了他們的腳步;你覺悟了,並且與他們相同。
Identical in heart and mind, you have attained omniscience.
你的心意相同,已經證得一切智。
Thus, Sublime Being in the World, Self-Arisen One, you are a field of merit for beings.”
因此,世間至尊,自在者,你是眾生的福田。

Monks, once Śakra, lord of the gods, together with the gods from the Heaven of the Thirty-Three, had praised the Thus-Gone One, with palms joined they bowed to the Thus-Gone One and sat to one side.

比丘們,釋提桓因,諸天之主,與忉利天的眾天神一起讚頌了如來之後,雙手合掌,向如來頂禮,然後退到一旁坐下。

23.58Next the Four Great Kings, together with the gods from the Heaven of the Four Great Kings, went to the place where the Thus-Gone One was. When they arrived, they paid homage to him. Hundreds of thousands of gods surrounded him, holding garlands and bouquets of abhimuktaka flowers, campaka flowers, jasmine flowers, nutmeg blossoms, and dhānuṣkāri flowers. Hundreds of thousands of celestial maidens surrounded him, singing divine songs. Thereafter they all praised the Thus-Gone One with these fitting verses:

23.58接著四大天王與四天王天的天神一起來到如來所在的地方。他們到達後,向他禮敬。有數百萬天神圍繞著他,手持花環和花束,獻上阿勃若花、瞻波華、茉莉花、豆蔻花和弓形花。有數百萬天女圍繞著他,唱著天界的妙樂。之後他們全都用這些恰當的偈頌讚嘆如來:

“You whose speech is exceedingly melodious and whose cadence is captivating,
「您的言語極為優美動聽,您的語調引人入勝,」
Who is soothing and clear minded like the moon,
心意清淨如月亮般寧靜祥和的世尊,
Whose face is smiling and whose tongue is long,
面容含笑,舌頭很長的您,
To you, Supreme Enrapturing Sage, we pay homage!
向您致敬,最上悅意聖者!
“When your melodious speech,
當你那優美的音聲,
A voice so sweet and beloved among gods and humans,
一個聲音如此甘美,受到天神和人類的喜愛,
Resounds throughout all the worlds,
在所有的世界中迴響,
It surpasses the voice of all who can speak!
它超越了所有能說話者的聲音!
“It quells the afflictions of attachment, anger, and delusion;
「它能平息執著、瞋恨和癡迷所帶來的煩惱;
It engenders pristine joy within nonhumans.
在非人聽聞此法而心無垢之際,它在他們心中生起清淨喜。
Upon hearing the Dharma with a stainless heart,
以無垢心聽聞法,
They all attain exalted liberation.
他們都證得殊勝解脫。
“You do not disparage the ignorant,
「你不貶低無知的人,
Nor are you ever drunk with conceit about your knowledge. [F.176.a] [367]
你也不曾因為智慧而沉溺於驕慢之中。
You are neither pompous nor timid,
你既不傲慢自大,也不膽怯退縮,
Like a firm mountain in the middle of a sea.
如同海中堅固的山峰。
“People here have profited well
「這裡的人們獲得了良好的利益
Since such a being has appeared in the world!
自從這樣的聖者出現在世界!
Like the goddess of wealth who is the giver of riches,
如同賜予財富的天女一樣,
You will bestow your Dharma throughout the whole world!”
你將在整個世界傳授你的法!

Once the gods of the Heaven of the Four Great Kings, led foremost by the Four Great Kings themselves, had praised the Thus-Gone One in repose at the seat of awakening, they joined palms and bowed to the Thus-Gone One and stood to one side.

四天王天的天神們,由四大天王領導在前,在菩提座上讚頌了安住的如來之後,他們合掌恭敬地向如來頂禮,然後退到一旁站立。

23.64Then the gods of the sky approached the Thus-Gone One. As a way of paying homage to the Perfect and Completely Awakened One, the gods adorned the whole sky with a net of jewels and small bells. They offered him jewel parasols, jewel banners, jewel and silk brocade wreaths, ornate jewel earrings, flower wreaths, and pearl strands of various types held by gods who revealed the upper half of their bodies, as well as crescent moons. Upon making these offerings, in his presence they praised him with these verses:

23.64隨後,天空的天神們走向如來。作為向正等覺者致敬的方式,天神們用寶石網和小鈴鐺裝飾了整個天空。他們向他供養了寶傘、寶旗幟、寶石和絲綢織錦花環、精緻的寶石耳飾、花環,以及由顯露上半身的天神們持著的各種珍珠串,還有新月形的裝飾。作出這些供養後,他們在如來面前用以下偈頌讚歎他:

“Dwelling constantly in the sky, O Sage,
「時常住於虛空中,哦,賢者啊,」
We clearly see all the activities of beings as they are.
我們清楚地看見有情的一切活動如其本然。
Looking at your conduct, O Pristine Sentient Being,
看著你的行為,啊清淨有情,
We do not see confusion in your focused mind.
我們在您專注的心中看不到混亂。
“The sky is filled with the guides of humans,
「天空中充滿了人類的導師,
Bodhisattvas who have come to pay tribute.
菩薩們前來禮敬。
Since in this way they are bodies of space,
既然他們以此方式是虛空的身體,
No harm is caused to the celestial mansions.
不會對天宮造成任何傷害。
“Even though rains of flowers,
「儘管花雨紛紛,
Enough to fill a world system to the brim,
足以填滿整個世界體系到邊際,
Descend onto your body from the sky,
從天空降落到你的身體上,
They are like rivers flowing into an ocean.
它們如同河流流入大海。
“We see parasols, flowers, earrings, and garlands,
「我們看到傘蓋、香花、耳飾和花環,
Wreaths of campaka flowers,
瞻波華的花冠,
Necklaces, moons, and crescent moons.
項鍊、月亮和新月。
The gods bestrew you with them, yet they are not mixed together.
天神用這些東西灑在你身上,但這些東西卻互不混雜。
“There is no room here for even a hair‍—[F.176.b]
「這裡連一根頭髮也放不下——
The whole sky is filled with gods.
整個天空都充滿了天神。
They pay homage to you, Supreme Biped,
他們向你禮敬,最勝兩足。
But you are neither proud nor overwhelmed.” [368]
但你既不驕傲,也不被所有的讚嘆所動搖。

Once the gods of the sky had so praised the Thus-Gone One in repose at the seat of awakening, they joined palms and bowed to him and stood to one side.

天空中的天神如此讚頌了安住在菩提座上的如來之後,他們合掌向他頂禮,然後退到一旁站立。

23.70Then the terrestrial gods, in order to pay homage to the Thus-Gone One, cleansed and anointed the entire surface of the earth, sprinkled it with perfumed water, strewed it with flowers, covered it with canopies of various dyed fabrics, and then offered it to the Thus-Gone One. Thereafter they praised him with these verses:

23.70此後,地上的天神為了向如來致敬,清潔並膏抹了整個大地的表面,用香水灑淨,撒滿鮮花,用各種染色的布料覆蓋,然後將其獻給如來。隨後他們用這些偈頌讚頌他:

“The trichiliocosm has become as indestructible and firm as a vajra.
「三千大千世界已變得如金剛杵一樣堅不可摧、牢固無比。
You sat on the seat of awakening by virtue of your vajra-hard position when you said:
你因為你金剛般堅固的位置,坐在菩提座上,當時你說道:
‘Even should my skin, flesh, bones, and marrow shrivel up right here,
「即使我的皮膚、血肉、骨骼和骨髓就在此處乾枯萎縮,
I will not rise from this place without reaching awakening.’
「我不從這個地方起身,除非達到覺悟。」
“If you, Lion among Men, do not consecrate the entire trichiliocosm,
「假如你,人中獅子,不對整個三千大千世界進行加持的話,
Then the whole thing will collapse
那麼整個世界就會崩塌。
With the violent shock of the arrival of bodhisattvas,
菩薩們猛烈降臨的震撼,
The soles of whose feet will cause ten million realms to quake.
其足裏將使一千萬個世界震動。
“An illustrious gift is gained by the terrestrial gods
「陸地上的天神獲得了殊勝的禮物
Wherever the most sublime being happens to walk.
最崇高的存在者無論走到何處。
You illuminate darkness everywhere in the world;
你照亮了世界各處的黑暗;
Now that the trichiliocosm is a basis for worship, how much more so is your body?
既然三千大千世界成為了供養的對象,那麼你的身體更是值得恭敬了。
“Should we take hold of all the lands of the trichiliocosm‍—
「我們若是要取得三千大千世界的所有土地——
All the myriad hundreds of thousands of subterranean bodies of water,
一切無量百千的地下水體,
And all the myriad livelihoods of beings in those places‍—
以及那些地方中眾生的一切無數生活方式——
We would offer it all to you. May you use it according to your wishes! [369]
我們都願意獻給您。願您按照自己的意願來使用它![369]
“Wherever you shall sit, travel, or rest,
「無論你坐在哪裡、行走到哪裡或休息在哪裡,」
And wherever the hearers, who are the children of the Well-Gone Gautama,
無論那些作為善逝喬答摩之子的聲聞們,
Shall preach or listen to the Dharma,
應當宣說或聽聞法。
We dedicate all the roots of virtue for the sake of awakening!”
我們將一切善根迴向為了覺悟而奉獻!

Once the terrestrial gods had praised in this manner the Thus-Gone One sitting in repose at the seat of awakening, they bowed to him with palms joined and stood to one side.

當地上的天神以這樣的方式讚歎坐在菩提座上安息的如來後,他們合掌向他頂禮,然後站到一旁。

23.76This concludes the twenty-third chapter, on exaltation. [F.177.a]

23.76(結尾)