Chapter 29: The Praise by the Goddess of the Bodhi Tree

第二十九章:菩提樹神的讚頌

29.1Then the goddess of the Bodhi tree praised the Bhagavat with these verses:

29.1於是菩提樹神用這些偈頌讚頌薄伽梵:

“I reverently pay homage to the Buddha who has pure knowledge.
「我恭敬禮敬具有清淨智慧的佛。」
I pay homage to the one with the knowledge that preserves the pure Dharma.
我向具有保護清淨法的智慧者禮敬。
I pay homage to the one with the knowledge that rejects what is not the Dharma.
我敬禮那具有摒除非法之智的尊者。
I pay homage to the one with the knowledge that is not possessed of concepts.
我禮敬具有不執著概念之智的那一位。
“Oh! The wonderful Buddha has infinite activity!
「啊!妙法佛擁有無盡的活動!
Oh! He is as difficult to see as a fig tree flower!
哎呀!他就像無花果樹的花一樣難以見到!
Oh! He is as wonderful as the ocean and the king of mountains!
嗚呼!他就像大海和山王一樣殊勝微妙!
Oh! The wonderful Tathāgata’s light is beyond measure!
噫吁嘻!妙如來之光無量無邊!
“Oh! Wonderful leader, with great prayers!
「啊!殊勝的導師,具足偉大的願!
Oh! This wonderful sun of the Śākya clan
噢!釋迦族那位奇妙的太陽
Has taught such a supremely rare sūtra as this,
演說了這樣極為難得的經。
And thus with his compassion he benefits beings.
以如是慈悲,他利益眾生。
“The Muni, lord of complete detachment, rests in equanimity.
「牟尼,完全離欲的主宰者,安住於捨之中。」
He has gone into the city of nirvāṇa, of perfect peace.
他已進入涅槃的城市,完美的和平。
He has entered the gateway of the retention of complete detachment,
他已經進入了究竟解脫的陀羅尼之門,
And he knows the profound fields of activity of complete detachment.
他知曉完全捨離的深微活動境地。
“As the lord of humans remains in complete detachment,
「如同人類之主保持在完全的超脫中,
In the same way, the bodies of his śrāvaka disciples are empty,
同樣地,他的聲聞弟子們的身體也是空的,
All phenomena are devoid of an essence,
一切現象都沒有固有的本質
And all beings also are empty and detached.
一切眾生也都是空性的,而且遠離執著。
“I am constantly thinking of the Bhagavat.
「我常常思念薄伽梵。
I am constantly hoping to see the Bhagavat. [F.147.b]
我常常希望能見到薄伽梵。
Because I am constantly in veneration of him,
因為我始終在恭敬供養他,
I am constantly meeting the sun that is the Tathāgata.
我不斷遇見那位作為太陽的如來。
“I constantly pay homage to the Bhagavat.
「我時時刻刻頂禮薄伽梵。
I constantly pray in my mind to not lose sight of his face.
我時刻在心中祈禱,不要失去對他面容的視見。
Though with a longing mind, I constantly serve him,
雖然我以渴望的心意,不斷地侍奉他,
Without any impediments I will never grow weary of it.
我對此永遠不會感到厭倦,沒有任何障礙能阻擋我。
“Bhagavat, have compassion in your mind for me
薄伽梵,請在心中對我慈悲
And enable me to constantly see your bright face.
並使我能夠經常見到你光明的面容。
Bhagavat, the pure saṅgha of your disciples
薄伽梵,您清淨的弟子僧伽
Constantly aspire to liberate devas and humans.
常住發心為諸天和人類追求解脫。
“Your body has a pure nature that is like space,
「你的身體具有純淨的本性,如同虛空一般,
Like an illusion, a mirage, or the moon on water.
如幻影、如海市蜃樓、如水中月。
When you teach the amṛta of the Dharma,
當你宣說法的甘露時,
We aspire to develop the entire accumulation of qualities.
我們祈願發展圓滿的福德資糧。
“Bhagavat, your pure field of activity of love
「薄伽梵,您清淨的慈心活動之境
And compassion is an inconceivable field of activity.
而慈悲是不可思議的活動領域。
The śrāvakas and pratyekabuddhas cannot conceive of it.
聲聞和辟支佛無法想像它。
The ṛṣis and bodhisattvas cannot fathom it.
仙人與菩薩們無法測度它。
“I pray that the Tathāgata will have kindness for me
「我祈願如來對我有慈悲。
So that I constantly see his body of great compassion.
使我恆常得見他的大慈悲身。
I pray that, having made offerings tirelessly through the three activities
我祈願通過身、語、意三種活動不知疲倦地供養,
To the lord of love, I will quickly reach the conclusion of forsaking saṃsāra.”
我將迅速到達放棄輪迴的結論,歸向慈心的主宰。

29.13Then the Bhagavat, having listened to those words of praise, said with the voice of Brahmā to the tree goddess, “Noble goddess, that you have praised my pure, truly genuine Dharma body, and in order to benefit yourself and others have recited the wonderful supreme qualities, is excellent, excellent! Through this merit, you will quickly attain the highest, most complete enlightenment of perfect buddhahood, and all beings will meditate and practice in the same way. Everyone who hears you will enter the gateway of the Dharma of the highest amṛta.” [F.148.a]

29.13薄伽梵聽到這些讚頌的言辭後,用梵天的聲音對樹神說:「尊貴的女神,你讚頌了我清淨、真實的法身,並且為了利益自己和他人而誦唱了奇妙殊勝的功德,這是很好的、很好的!通過這些功德,你將很快證得圓滿佛果的無上正等菩提,所有眾生也會以同樣的方式思惟修習。所有聽到你讚頌的人都將進入最殊勝甘露法的法門。」

29.14This concludes “The Praise by the Goddess of the Bodhi Tree,” the twenty-ninth chapter of “The Supremely Victorious King of Sūtras, the Sublime Golden Light.”

29.14(結尾)