Chapter 15: The Great Goddess Sarasvatī

第15章:辯才天女

15.1Then, within that great assembly, the great goddess Sarasvatī rose from her seat, bowed down her head to the Bhagavat’s feet, and said to the Bhagavat, “Bhagavat, if a dharmabhāṇaka correctly teaches this Supremely Victorious King of Sūtras, The Sublime Golden Light, I will increase his wisdom and inspire poetic eloquence. If the dharmabhāṇaka preceptor omits a letter, a syllable, or the meaning of a word, [F.103.b] I will cause him to remember everything and have excellent comprehension and bestow upon him unimpeded, total possession of the power of mental retention.

15.1那時,在大眾之中,大智慧天女從座位上站起來,向薄伽梵的足下頂禮,對薄伽梵說:"薄伽梵,如果有法師正確地講說這部至勝王經《金光明經》,我將增長他的智慧,激發他的詩歌才能與雄辯。如果這位法師教導者漏掉了一個字、一個音節,或者一個詞的意思,我將使他記起一切,擁有優秀的理解力,並賜予他無礙的、完整的心識保持力。"

15.2“Moreover, any being who has developed good roots with many hundreds of thousands of buddhas and holds this Supremely Victorious King of Sūtras, The Sublime Golden Light will greatly promulgate it in this Jambudvīpa so that it will not soon vanish. Then countless beings, through hearing this sūtra, will all quickly attain eloquence and inconceivable great wisdom, will become learned in various treatises and skills, and will quickly depart from saṃsāra and attain the highest, most complete enlightenment of buddhahood. It will cause them to have in their lifetime an increased lifespan and a perfection of the necessities for life.

15.2「而且,任何與成百上千萬諸佛培植善根的眾生,如果持誦這部至勝王經《金光明經》,將在閻浮提大力傳揚它,使它不會很快消失。那時無數的眾生,通過聽聞這部經,都會迅速獲得辯才和不可思議的大智慧,將精通各種論著和技藝,並迅速脫離輪迴,證得無上正等菩提佛果。這部經將使他們在現世增長壽命,圓滿生活的各種必需。」

15.3“Bhagavat, for the sake of those Dharma preceptors who hold the sūtra and the other beings who aspire to listen to this sūtra, I wish to teach the practice of cleansing by applying mantras to medicines. It will dispel and bring to an end for them any malevolent planets or bad signs that appear; conflict with the planets and constellation of one’s birth; the suffering of illness; fighting, quarreling, and war; nightmares; demons, obstacle makers, and conjured spirits; poisons and contaminations; spells, vetālas, and so on; and all obscurations from bad karma and the creation of obstacles. Therefore, those who are wise should practice the rite of cleansing in this way:

15.3「薄伽梵,為了那些持誦經法的法師和其他渴望聽聞這部經的眾生,我希望傳授用真言加持醫方明進行淨化的修行方法。這將為他們消除和終止任何出現的不吉祥的星宿或惡兆;與出生時的星宿相衝突所引起的災難;疾病的痛苦;鬥爭、爭執和戰爭;惡夢;魔鬼、製造障礙者和幻化的靈魂;毒物和污染;咒語、吸血鬼等等;以及來自惡業的所有障礙和製造的障難。因此,那些有智慧的人應當以這種方式修行淨化的儀式:」

“Sweet flag, cow bezoar, and fenugreek;
「香附、牛黃、葫蘆巴;
Musk, realgar, and acacia;
麝香、雄黃和刺槐;
Orris root, jñāmaka, and shami;
鳶尾根、眼根香和沙密;
Chir pine rosin, cinnamon, and nut grass;
松脂、肉桂和香附;
“Agarwood, sandalwood, and pinwheel flower; [F.104.a]
沉香、檀香、風輪花;
Frankincense, saffron, and karpūra;
乳香、番紅花、樟腦;
Spikenard, tabasheer, and cardamom;
甘松、竹瀝、豆蔻;
Deodar leaves and vetiver;
香柏葉和香根草;
“Frankincense, Artemisia plant, and bdellium;
「乳香、艾草,和沒藥;
Mustard seed, cumin, and ironwood flowers;
芥子、孜然和鐵木花;
And dammar gum and costus root, in equal amounts
還有檀香膠和木香根,等量混合
Mix into one in the Puṣya lunar house,
在弱星月宿時,混合成一種香料,
“Then take up that powdered perfume
「然後取那個香粉
And apply this mantra one hundred and eight times:
並念誦這個真言一百零八遍:

15.8tadyathā | sukṛte kṛtakamalanīlajinakarate haṃkarāte indrajali śakaddre vaśaddre avartakasike nakutra kukavilakavimalamati śīlamati sandhidhudhumamavati śiśiri satyasthite svāhā |

15.8(咒語不翻)

“If you wish to cleanse in accordance with the Dharma,
「如果你想依法清淨,
Make a square maṇḍala eight cubits wide,
製作一個邊長八肘的正方形曼荼羅,
And in a place that is pleasant and solitary
在一個令人愉悅且寧靜的地方
Think in your mind of the goals to be achieved.
在你的心裡思維所要達成的目標。
“Smear the maṇḍala with cow dung
「用牛糞塗抹曼荼羅
And spread flowers all over it.
並在上面普遍撒滿鮮花。
Fill perfectly clean gold and silver bowls
用完全乾淨的金碗和銀碗盛滿
With milk and honey with a perfect taste.
用牛乳和蜂蜜,具足完美的味道。
“Place four people at the four gates of the maṇḍala
「在曼荼羅的四個門處各安置一個人
In order to guard it in accord with the Dharma.
為了按照法來保護它。
Four youths with bodies perfectly adorned
四位身體莊嚴完美的少年
Each hold pots of water at the corners.
各自在四角處持著水瓶。
“Continually burn bdellium there
「在那裡持續燃燒沒藥
And continually play the five kinds of music.
並且要不斷地演奏五種音樂。
On all four sides of the maṇḍala
在曼荼羅的四面八方
Beautify the banners with parasols and streamers.
用彩帶、傘蓋和飄帶裝飾旗幡。
“Inside the maṇḍala, place a clear mirror,
「在曼荼羅內,放置一面明亮的鏡子,
A sharp sword, and four arrows.
一把锋利的剑和四支箭。
Arrange a large vessel in the center of the maṇḍala
在曼荼羅的中央放置一個大容器。
And place a wooden platform on top of it.
在其上放置一個木製的平台。
“Mix the previous powder with water
「將之前的粉末與水混合
And place it inside the maṇḍala.
並將它放在曼荼羅內。
Having arranged and placed it in that way,
以這樣的方式安排和放置之後,
Then recite the mantra and close the maṇḍala.
然後誦持真言並關閉曼荼羅。
“The mantra for closing the boundary:
「關閉邊界的真言:

15.16syād yathedaṃ arake nayane hile [F.104.b] mile gile khikhile svāhā |

15.16(咒語不翻)

“Having closed the boundary in that way,
「以此方式關閉邊界後,
And having entered into the maṇḍala,
進入曼荼羅之後,
Apply the mantra to the water twenty-one times
將真言持誦於水上二十一次
And sprinkle it into the four directions.
並將其灑向四方。
“Then apply the mantra to the perfumed water
「隨後向香水施用真言
A total of one hundred and eight times.
共計一百零八次。
Surround all four sides with curtains,
用帷幔圍繞四面。
And after that wash your body.
然後用那水洗浴你的身體。
“The mantra for the water and the perfumed water is thus:
「水和香水的真言如下:

15.20tadyathā | sagaṭe vigaṭe vigatāvati svāhā |

15.20(咒語不翻)

15.21“After washing, the washing water and whatever food and drink have been offered within the maṇḍala should be cast into a river or a pond. Collect everything else.

15.21「洗淨後,在曼荼羅內所用的洗水以及所有供奉的食物和飲料,應當倒入河流或池塘中。其他的東西都要收集起來。

15.22“Having washed in that way, you should put on clean clothes, come out of the maṇḍala, and enter a clean dwelling. The mantra practitioner, in order to bestow a vast commitment, must completely eliminate various bad actions and continually practice various good actions and develop great compassion for beings. Through those causes and conditions, one will attain an immeasurable ripening of wish-fulfilling merit. Also, there is a prayer in verse:

15.22「以這樣的方式清洗之後,你應該穿上潔淨的衣服,離開曼荼羅,進入一個潔淨的住所。真言修行者為了給予廣大的承諾,必須完全消除各種惡業,並持續實踐各種善業,為眾生培養偉大的慈悲心。透過這些因緣和條件,一個人將獲得不可衡量的願望成就的功德。另外,還有一個韻文願:

“Any being who is afflicted by the suffering of illness
「任何被疾病之苦所困擾的眾生
And is not healed by various medicines and treatments
卻不為各種醫方明和治療所治癒
Should cleanse according to this rite of washing
應當按照此洗淨儀軌而清淨
And moreover read and recite this sūtra.
並且要日夜不懈地讀誦此經。
“With a mind that is undistracted day and night,
「以心不散亂晝夜相續,
And with single-minded veneration and developed motivation,
以單一的恭敬心與已生起的菩提心,
The suffering of illness will completely cease
疾病的苦將會完全消除
And, freed from poverty and need, they will become wealthy.
並且,他們將遠離貧困和匱乏,變得富足。
“The devas of the planets, stars, sun, and moon in the four directions
「四方的行星天、星辰天、太陽天和月亮天的諸天
Will give their complete protection, and life will become long.
將會給予完整的保護,壽命將會變得長久。
Good fortune, happiness, and merit will increase.
福報、快樂和功德會增長。
All bad omens and calamities will be dispelled.
一切惡兆與災厄都將被消除。
“After that, repeat twenty-one times the mantra for protecting the body:
「其後,應誦二十一遍保護身體的真言:

15.27tadyathā | śame viṣame svāhā | sagaṭe vigaṭe svāhā | sukhatinate svāhā | sāgarasaṃbhūtāya svāhā | skandhamatāya svāhā | nīlakaṇṭhāya svāhā | [F.105.a] aparājitavīryāya svāhā | himavatsaṃbhūtāya svāhā | animilavaktrāya svāhā | namo bhagavate brāhmaṇe svāhā | namaḥ sarasvatyai devyai svāhā | sidhyantu mantrapadā daṃ svāhā | bharato vicita brahmānumanyatu svāhā |

15.27(咒語不翻)

15.28Then the great goddess Sarasvatī bowed down to the Bhagavat’s feet and said to the Bhagavat, “Bhagavat, any bhikṣu, bhikṣuṇī, upāsaka, or upāsikā who acquires, possesses, reads, recites, writes out, and practices the teaching of this sublime king of sūtras, and wherever that bhikṣu or bhikṣuṇī dwells‍—a town, a town’s environs, a wilderness, a mountain, or a forest‍—for their sake I and my entourage will come to them as a divine entourage, will guard and defend them, and will dispel the suffering of illness, the falling of shooting stars, bad omens, diseases, fighting, and quarreling. I will put an end to being arrested by the king’s law, bad dreams, harm from malicious spirits, and all conjured spirits.

15.28那時,大辯才天女向薄伽梵頂禮,對薄伽梵說:「薄伽梵,任何比丘、比丘尼、優婆塞或優婆夷,如果獲得、持有、讀誦、受持、書寫,並修習這部殊勝經王的教法,無論那位比丘或比丘尼住在城鎮、城鎮周邊、荒野、山地或森林的什麼地方,為了他們的緣故,我和我的眷屬都會以天神眷屬的身分來到他們身邊,守護和保護他們,驅散疾病的苦、流星墜落、不祥之兆、各種疾病、爭鬥和口角紛爭。我會終止被王法逮捕、惡夢、惡靈傷害和一切邪術鬼神的侵害。

15.29“The followers and the audiences of individuals, such as bhikṣus, who possess the sūtra will be benefited so that they will quickly transcend the great ocean of saṃsāra and progress irreversibly toward enlightenment.”

15.29「持有此經的比丘等個人的追隨者和聽眾將會獲得利益,使他們能夠迅速超越輪迴的大洋,並不可逆轉地朝向菩提而前進。」

15.30The Bhagavat, having listened to her words, then praised the great goddess Sarasvatī, saying, “It is excellent, excellent that you, goddess, in order to benefit and make happy countless, endless beings, have taught those vidyāmantras, the washing in perfumed water, and the maṇḍala rite that possess inconceivable ripened results.” [F.105.b]

15.30薄伽梵聽聞了她的言語,隨即讚歎偉大的女神辯才天女,說道:「太好了,太好了。妳為了利益和使無數無邊的眾生得到快樂,宣說了具有不可思議的成熟果報的明咒、香水洗浴和曼荼羅儀式,這真是太殊勝了。」

15.31Then he said, “You should protect this sublime, supreme king of sūtras so that it does not soon vanish but will be widely present.”

15.31然後他說:「你們應當保護這部殊勝、無上的經王,使其不會很快消失,而是廣泛流傳。」

15.32The great goddess Sarasvatī then bowed down her head to the Bhagavat’s feet and sat upon her own seat.

15.32偉大的辯才天女隨後向薄伽梵的雙足頂禮,然後坐回自己的座位上。

15.33Then the brahmin of the Kauṇḍinya family, the Dharma master Vyākaraṇa, through the power of the Bhagavat’s blessing, praised Sarasvatī in front of the great assembly:

15.33隨後,憍陳如家族的婆羅門、法師授記,藉著薄伽梵加持的力量,在大眾面前讚歎辯才天女:

“You, Sarasvatī, have courageous, clear wisdom.
「妳,辯才天女,具有勇敢、清淨的智慧。
You are worthy to be offered to by devas and humans.
你是值得受到諸天和人類供養的。
Your renown has spread throughout the world,
妳的名聲已經傳遍了整個世界,
And you fulfill the hopes of all beings.
你能成就一切眾生的願望。
“You dwell within a house that is made of grass
「你住在草造的房子裡
Upon the supreme location of a high mountain peak.
在至高無上的高山峰頂之上。
You make your clothes by knotting soft grass together,
你用柔軟的草結紮成衣服。
And you constantly stand with one leg bent.
你經常單腳站立。
“The many devas who have gathered
「聚集在一起的眾多諸天
All praise you single-mindedly.
所有的諸天都一心一意地讚頌你。
You, the goddess who has wisdom and eloquence,
妳,具有智慧與辯才的女神,
Give your gift of all wonderful, pleasant words.”
賜予我們所有美妙、悅耳的言語吧。

15.37The great goddess Sarasvatī, having listened to his supplication, then spoke this dhāraṇī mantra:

15.37大天女辯才天女聽到他的懇請後,便宣說了這個陀羅尼真言:

15.38syād yathedaṃ | mure cire avaje avajavate higule migule pigalavati maguśe marici samati daśamati agrima gritara citara capati cicirī śirimiri mandhi demakhi marici praṇaye lokajyeṣṭhe lokapriye siddhiprite vimamukhi śucikharī apratihate apratehatabuddhe namuci namuci mahādevī prati­gṛhnanamaskaraṃ [say your name] mama buddhi viśduddhi bhagavadtyaṃ bevayaṃ sparasatya karade keyūre keyūramati hilimili apayame mahādeve buddhasatyana dharmasatya saṃghasatyena indrasatyena varuṇasatyena yeloke stayasatyena teśamastyena sattivadcanini avahayami mahādevem hilimili hilimili vicidato [say your name] [F.106.a] mama buddhi namo bhavati mahādeve sarasatya sidhyanti mantrapadāni svāhā |

15.38(咒語不翻)

15.39Then the great goddess Sarasvatī, having taught this dhāraṇī mantra, said to the brahmin, “O great being, it is excellent, excellent that for the sake of beings you provide wonderful eloquence, jewels, miracles, and wisdom, bringing a vast benefit to all, and that you wish to bring them quickly to enlightenment. Know that and possess this rite.”

15.39那時大辯才天女傳授了這個陀羅尼真言之後,對婆羅門說:「善男子,你為了眾生而施予妙言、珍寶、神通和智慧,帶給一切眾生廣大的利益,希望迅速將他們帶向菩提,這是極其殊勝的。你要知曉並持守這個儀軌。」

15.40Having said that, she recited these verses:

15.40說完之後,她誦出了這些偈頌:

To recite this dhāraṇī, at the beginning
誦持這個陀羅尼,在開始時
Just read it purely and without error,
只需純淨地誦讀,不出錯誤,
And then go for refuge to the Three Jewels and the devas
然後皈依三寶和諸天
In order to be blessed and have your prayers be fulfilled.
為了獲得加持,使你的願望得到成就。
“Bow with reverence to the buddhas, the Dharma, and
「恭敬禮拜諸佛、法、
The saṅghas of bodhisattvas, pratyekabuddhas, and śrāvakas.
菩薩眾、辟支佛和聲聞眾的僧伽。
“After that, bow with single-minded reverence
「之後,以至誠的恭敬心頂禮
To Brahmā, Śakra, the lord of devas,
向梵天、帝釋天、諸天之主敬禮,
The world guardians, the Four Mahārājas,
護世天、四大天王,
And to all those who continually practice celibacy.
以及所有持續修行梵行的眾生。
“Then, in a very solitary wilderness,
「然後,在極其偏遠荒蕪的地方,
Recite the preceding mantra and ritual in a loud voice.
以大聲誦念前述的真言和儀軌。
In front of a statue of the Buddha, and before devas and nāgas,
在佛的塑像前,以及諸天和龍王面前,
Accomplish making offerings with whatever you possess.
用你所擁有的一切完成供養。
“Develop a motivation of love, compassion, and kindness
「培養慈心、慈悲與善心的發心
Toward all those forms of beings.
對所有的眾生。
Keep in mind‍—one-pointedly, without distraction‍—
一心不亂地銘記在心。
The Bhagavat’s golden body with its wonderful signs.
薄伽梵具有黃金色的身體,擁有殊勝的相好。
“The Bhagavat had the intention to teach the true Dharma [F.106.b]
薄伽梵有意欲演說真實的法
And established beings in samādhi according to their capacities.
並且根據眾生的根器,將他們安住在三昧中。
Contemplate well the meaning of these words
好好地思惟這些言語的意義
And meditate perfectly, in reliance upon emptiness.
並在空性的基礎上圓滿地修習禪定。
“If in the presence of an image of the Bhagavat
「若在薄伽梵的聖像面前
You can remain in genuine, one-pointed mindfulness,
你能夠安住於真實的、一心的念中,
Then you will obtain excellent wisdom, samādhi,
那麼你就會獲得殊勝的智慧、三昧,
And the sublime, supreme dhāraṇī.
以及殊勝、至高的陀羅尼。
“The golden mouth of the Bhagavat taught the Dharma,
薄伽梵的金口宣說了法,
And he guided devas and humans with his beautiful voice.
他用美妙的聲音引導諸天和人類。
The sign that is his tongue manifests a wonder according to conditions‍—
他的舌相根據因緣顯現出奇異之相——
It becomes vast and long and covers the worlds of the trichiliocosm.
它變得廣大而綿長,覆蓋三千大千世界。
“If you keep your mind one-pointed upon that beautiful
「如果你能專注於那美妙的
Speech of the Bhagavat, you will attain fearlessness.
薄伽梵的言語,你將獲得無畏。
This inconceivable sign that is his tongue was acquired
這個不可思議的瑞相是他舌頭的功德所獲得的
Through the power of the vast prayers of the Bhagavat.
通過薄伽梵廣大願力的力量。
“He taught that phenomena have no existence
「他教導說諸法無有實體
And are like space that is devoid of impediments.
且如虛空,無有障礙。
By contemplating and evaluating the Bhagavat’s speech,
通過思考和評估薄伽梵的言論,
The sign of his tongue, your prayers will be fulfilled.
他舌頭的標誌,你的願將會圓滿。
“If the great goddess Sarasvatī sees offerings,
「如果大女神辯才天女看到供養,
Or sees a pupil following a master’s instructions
或是見到弟子遵從師父的教導
And practicing and meditating on this secret rite
並且修習和修定這個秘密的儀軌
Or revering it, their wishes will be accomplished.
或是恭敬禮敬,他們的願望都將圓滿成就。
“Someone who wishes for perfect, sublime wisdom
「有人若想獲得圓滿、殊勝的智慧
Should single-mindedly possess this rite.
應該一心受持這個儀軌。
It will increase merit, wisdom, and qualities
這將增長功德、智慧和各種品質。
And will have definite accomplishment, have no doubt!
必然獲得成就,不要有疑!
“Those who seek wealth will obtain great wealth.
「那些尋求財富的人將獲得巨大的財富。
Those who seek fame will attain great fame.
尋求名聞者將獲得大名聞。
Those who seek deliverance will be delivered.
尋求解脫的人將會得到解脫。
This will definitely be attained, have no doubt!
這必然會得到實現,不要有疑!
“Contemplate and gather into your mind
「應當觀想並在心中聚集
All countless, endless good qualities.
一切無數無盡的善法。
If you are able to practice in this way in accord with the Dharma,
如果你能夠按照法來這樣修行,
They will definitely be attained, have no doubt!
它們必定能夠獲得,不要有疑!
“In a clean place, wear new clothes.
「在清淨的地方,穿著新衣。
Create a maṇḍala of whatever size you can.
製作一個你能夠做到的任何大小的曼荼羅。
Fill four clean vases with a delicious flavor [F.107.a]
用四個乾淨的花瓶盛裝美味的香氣
And offer whatever flowers and incense you have.
供養你所有的鮮花和香。
“Beautify it with streamers, flags, and parasols,
用繡帶、旗幡和傘蓋來裝飾它,
And adorn it everywhere with scented ointment and powders.
用香油和香粉到處裝飾莊嚴它。
If you make offerings to the buddhas and the goddess Sarasvatī,
如果你向諸佛和辯才天女供養,
And wish to see the deity’s body, your aspiration will be fulfilled.
並且希望能見到這位神祇的身體,你的願望將會實現。
“In front of the great goddess Sarasvatī,
在偉大的辯才天女面前,
Recite the previous mantra for twenty-one days.
誦持前面的真言二十一天。
If you still have not seen that deity,
如果你仍然還沒有看到那位神靈,
One-pointedly keep her in mind for nine more days.
一心專注憶念她九天。
“If she has still not been seen in the last part of the night,
「如果在夜晚的最後時段仍然還沒有見到她,
Seek another excellent and clean place.
尋求另一個優良清淨的地方。
Draw an image of the great goddess Sarasvatī
繪製偉大的女神辯才天女的形象
And do not give up offering, repeating, and reciting.
並且不要放棄供養、誦持和修習。
“If you do not develop a sleepy or a lazy mind,
「如果你不生起昏沈或懶惰的心,
The benefit to yourself and others will have no end.
利益自己和他人將永無止盡。
If whatever ripening you obtain is made to ripen for beings,
如果你所得到的任何果報都讓它為眾生而成熟,
Then all your aspirations will be completely accomplished.
那麼你所有的願望都將圓滿成就。
“If you have not attained what you wish, then after three months,
「如果你還沒有獲得所希望的,那麼在三個月後,
Or after six months, nine months, or a year,
或者半年、九個月、或一年,
With diligent supplication and an undistracted mind,
以殷切的祈求和不散亂的心,
You will attain divine vision and knowledge of the minds of others.”
你將證得天眼和他心智。

15.61The Kauṇḍinya brahmin, on hearing those words taught, was then joyous, delighted, and amazed, and so he said to that great assembly, “Oh, all of you, this great assembly of devas and humans, know this! Today, on the basis of relative phenomena, I am going to recite a praise to the great goddess Sarasvatī. Listen!”

15.61憍陳如婆羅門聽聞這些教導後,感到歡喜、愉悅和驚奇,於是對大眾說道:「各位啊,這個由諸天和人類組成的大眾,請知道!今天,基於相對現象,我將為大女神辯才天女頌唱讚美。請聽!」

15.62He then recited these verses:

15.62他隨後誦讀了這些偈頌:

“I reverently pay homage to the goddess Nārāyaṇī,
「我恭敬禮敬那羅延女,」
Who has attained dominion over worlds.
已獲得世界的統治權。
Today I will praise that supreme one
今日我將讚頌那位至高無上的聖者
In accordance with the teaching of past ṛṣis.
依照過去仙人的教導。
“Your mind of perfect auspiciousness dwells in bliss.
「你的至善圓滿之心安住於極樂。
Your clear mind possessed of shame and conscience is renowned.
你清淨的心具有羞愧和良心而聞名。
You are a mother and give birth to the world.
你是世界的母親,生育了世界。
You courageously and continuously act with great diligence.
你勇敢且不斷地以極大的精進而行動。
“You are always continuously victorious on the battleground. [F.107.b]
「你在戰場上總是不斷地勝利。」
You request self-control, a loving mind, and patience.
你祈求自我約束、慈悲心和忍辱。
You are now the eldest sister of Yama,
你現在是閻魔的長姐。
And for clothes you always wear blue silk.
而你的衣著總是穿著藍色的絲綢。
“You possess both beautiful and ugly forms.
「你既擁有美麗的色,也擁有醜陋的色。
All who see your eyes become afraid.
凡是看到你眼睛的人都會感到害怕。
Your immeasurable, sublime, supreme activity transcends the world.
你無量、殊勝、至高無上的事業超越世間。
You directly regard all humans and gather them all.
你直接注視所有人類,並將他們全部聚集在一起。
“Sometimes you dwell on profound mountains of rock,
有時你住在深邃的石頭山上,
Sometimes you dwell in caves or on riverbanks,
有時你住在洞窟或河岸邊,
And sometimes you dwell in great forests of trees‍—
有時你住在高大的樹林中——
Goddess, those are the places where you primarily dwell.
女神,那些是妳主要的住所。
“All wild people of the mountains and forests
「山林中的一切野人
Continually make offerings to you, the goddess.
持續不斷地向您獻祭,女神。
They make banners and flags from peacock feathers,
他們用孔雀羽毛製作旗幡和旗幟,
And you protect the world at all times.
你總是保護著整個世界。
“You are always encircled by tigers, lions, and wolves.
「你總是被老虎、獅子和狼所包圍。
Cattle, sheep, chickens, and so on, depend upon you.
牛、羊、雞等動物都依靠你。
When you ring a great bell, the sound that emerges
當你敲響大鐘時,發出的聲音
Resounds even on the Vindhya Mountains.
聲音遠遠傳到溫地耶山。
“Sometimes you hold a trident,
「有時你手持三叉戟,
And usually your right and left hands hold sun and moon standards.
你的右手和左手通常分別持著太陽旗和月亮旗。
On the ninth and eleventh day of the waning moon,
在月圓時的第九日和第十一日,
I will always make offerings to you at those times.
我將始終在那些時刻向你獻供。
“Sometimes you manifest as Vasu, the sister of Mahādeva ,
「有時你化現為毘濕奴,大自在天的妹妹,
Who, on seeing a battle, always has kindness
誰在看到戰鬥時,總是懷著慈悲
And is always looking upon all beings.
並且總是觀照著所有的眾生。
You are a supreme goddess whom no one transcends.
你是至高無上的女神,沒有人能超越你。
“Sometimes you manifest as the gopi Rādhā,
「有時你顯現為牧女羅荼,
And when you fight the devas, you are always victorious.
當你與諸天戰鬥時,你總是勝利的。
You remain in worlds for a long time,
你長期駐留在各個世界中。
Manifesting both subdued patience and wrath.
既顯現出調伏的忍辱,又顯現出憤怒。
“You have perfectly understood all the four Dharmas
「你已經完全明白了所有四種法
Known by great brahmins, and miracles, mantras, and so on.
為大婆羅門所知,以及神變、真言等等。
Among the ṛṣis, you have attained independent power
在眾仙人中,你已獲得了不依他起的力量。
And have the ability to create seeds and this great earth.
並且具有創造種子和這片廣大地球的能力。
“When goddesses and so on gather
當女神們等眾聚集時
Like ocean waves, they gather around you.
如同海浪一般,他們聚集在你的周圍。
You are chief among all the assemblies of many yakṣas, nāgas,
你是眾多夜叉、龍王的各種集會中的首領。
And so on, and you have the power to guide them.
等等,你有引導他們的力。
“You are the supreme female celibate.
「你是最高無上的女性梵行者。
Your words arise like those of the lord of the world.
你的言語就像世界之主的言語一樣而生起。
You are like lotuses in a royal residence. [F.108.a]
你們如同王宮中的蓮花。
On the banks of a river, you are like a boat or a bridge.
在河岸邊,你如同船隻或橋樑。
“Your beautiful face is like the full moon.
你美麗的面容如同圓滿的月亮。
You are a support and basis for the greatly learned.
你們是大智慧者的依靠和基礎。
Your supreme eloquence is like a high mountain peak.
您至高無上的雄辯如同高聳的山峰。
You create an island for those who keep you in mind.
你是那些心中常念著你的人的島嶼。
“The devas, such as the asuras, and so on,
諸天、阿修羅等眾生,
All recite praises of your qualities.
都一起讚歎你的品質。
Even thousand-eyed Śakra, the lord of devas,
即使是千眼的帝釋天,諸天的統治者,
Gazes on you and thinks of you with veneration.
凝視著你,以虔敬之心思念於你。
“Whatever beings wish for and seek,
「凡諸眾生所祈求與追尋之物,
You quickly accomplish all of it.
你都能迅速地完成。
You have a swift mind, eloquence, and you possess the Dharma
你具備敏捷的心智、雄辯的口才,並且你掌握了法。
So that you are supreme upon this great earth.
使你在這個大地上至高無上。
“In these world realms of the ten directions,
在這十方的世界國土中,
You always illuminate everything, like a great lamp.
你總是像大燈佛一樣照亮一切。
You even fulfill all the wishes
你甚至圓滿了所有的願望
Of the spirits and wild beasts.
的精靈和野獸。
“You are like a mountain peak among females.
你如女性中的山峰。
Like the ṛṣis of the past, you remain for a long time.
就像過去的仙人一樣,你長時間地保持著。
Like a young goddess, you are devoid of desire,
如同年輕的天女,你沒有貪慾,
And you speak the truth like the lord of the world.
你如世界之主般說出真實的言語。
“You are the one goddess renowned as supreme
「你是那位聞名為至高無上的唯一女神」
Within the continuity of all the worlds,
在所有世界的相續中,
And over those in the divine palaces of the desire realm;
並且超越了欲界諸天宮中的眾生;
There is no being who appears to be greater.
沒有任何眾生顯現得比你更偉大。
“If I am in battle or a dangerous place
「如果我在戰場或危險的地方
Or fall into a pit of fire, you will see me.
或者掉進火坑,你將看到我。
When there are the dangers of dreadful rivers and bandits,
當出現可怕的河流和盜賊的危險時,
You have the power to dispel all those dangers.
你具有能力消除所有那些危險。
“If you are chained by the laws of the king
「如果你被國王的法律所束縛
Or are being killed by someone who wants your flesh,
或是被想要吃你肉的人所殺害,
If at that time you maintain an unwavering, single-pointed mind,
如果在那個時候,你保持不動地、專一的心念,
You will definitely be freed from your suffering.
你必定會從苦中得到解脫。
“You protect all humans, good and bad,
「你保護所有人類,無論善惡,」
And always manifest love and the affection of compassion.
並常示現慈心與慈悲的親愛。
Therefore, with single-minded aspiration,
因此,以專一心的願望,
I pay homage and take refuge in you, the great goddess.”
我向你,偉大的女神,恭敬頂禮和歸依。
Then the brahmin extolled that goddess with words of praise and eulogy:
那時婆羅門用讚美和頌揚的言詞來稱讚那位女神:
“Supreme in the world, I reverently pay homage to you. [F.108.b]
「世間至高者,我恭敬地向你頂禮。」
You are supreme among all mothers.
你在所有母親中是最至高無上的。
Therefore, all the three worlds make offerings to you.
因此,三界一切眾生都向您供養。
Your appearance is beautiful, and all long to see you.
你的容貌美麗,所有眾生都渴望看到你。
“Your body is adorned with various good qualities.
你的身體以各種善好的品質所莊嚴。
Your wide eyes are like the petals of the blue lotus.
你寬闊的眼睛如同藍色蓮花的花瓣。
You have the vast renown of the radiance of merit and wisdom.
你具有功德與智慧光輝的廣大名聲。
To give an analogy, you are the same as a priceless jewel.
打個比方來說,你就像一顆無價的寶珠。
“On this day I speak this praise of you, sublime one,
「在這一天,我向您頌讚,至尊者,
And may you accomplish all the wishes in my mind.
願你成就我心中的一切願望。
You have true qualities and excellent auspiciousness.
你具有真實的功德和殊勝吉祥天子。
You are completely pure, like a lotus.
你完全清淨,如同蓮花一般。
“Your body has a beautiful color and all long to see it.
您的身體具有美妙的色澤,眾生都渴望親睹。
You have an inconceivable multitude of wonderful features.
你具有難以思議的無量殊勝功德。
You spread the light rays of stainless wisdom,
你播放離垢地智慧的光芒。
And your memory is supreme over all others.
你的記憶超越一切眾生。
“You are supreme like a lion among wild beasts.
你如同野獸中的獅子一樣至高無上。
You are ever adorned by eight arms
你總是以八隻手臂莊嚴自身
That hold, individually, an arrow, bow, sword,
分別持有箭、弓、劍、
Axe, mallet, hook, discus, and noose.
斧頭、木槌、鉤子、法輪和繩索。
“Beautiful goddess, you are like the full moon.
「美麗的女神,你如同圓滿的月亮。
You emit a beautiful voice with unimpeded words.
你發出優美的聲音,言語暢通無阻。
Whatever being has a prayer in their minds,
凡有眾生心中懷著願,
You, sublime being, will fulfill their wishes.
你這位殊勝的存在,將會成就他們的願望。
“Śakra and many devas all make offerings to you.
帝釋天和眾多諸天都向你供養。
They all praise you and go to you for refuge.
他們都讚頌你,並向你皈依。
You give rise to inconceivable qualities,
你能產生不可思議的功德。
So at all times I venerate you: svāhā.
所以我時時禮敬你,娑婆訶。
“If you wish to pray to the great goddess Sarasvatī,
「如果你想向偉大的女神辯才天女祈禱,
Use these words of praise and eulogy
用這些讚歎和頌揚的言詞
And recite them with internal purity, single-mindedly.
並且要以內心清淨、一心不亂的方式誦持它們。
Then all that you aspire for will be accomplished as you wish.”
那麼你所祈願的一切都會如你的心願而成就。

15.94The Bhagavat said to the brahmin, “It is excellent, excellent that you, in order to benefit and bring happiness to beings, have recited this praise to the goddess and prayed for her blessing so that immeasurable merit will be obtained.” [F.109.a] [B8]

15.94薄伽梵對婆羅門說:"很好,很好。你為了利益眾生、給予眾生快樂,而讚誦了對辯才天女的讚頌,並祈禱得到她的加持,使得能夠獲得無量的功德,這實在是太好了。"

15.95Then the Kauṇḍinya brahmin, having thus, as shown above, extolled the great goddess Sarasvatī with words of praise and words of eulogy, said to the great assembly, “If you wish to pray to the goddess Sarasvatī so that you will be blessed by her compassion, so that in this life you will have a swift, unimpeded mind, great wisdom, and skill in words; attain vast wisdom; communicate with elaborate speech; and accomplish the adornment of words as you wish without impediment, then single-mindedly and reverentially pray in this way:

15.95那時,憍陳如婆羅門如上所述,用讚嘆和頌揚之詞美化了偉大的女神辯才天女之後,對大眾說:「如果你們想要祈禱辯才天女,使得蒙受她的慈悲護佑,在今生獲得敏捷、無礙的心,具足大智慧和言辭的巧妙;獲得廣大的智慧;能夠用詳盡的言辭交流;並隨意圓滿實現言語的莊嚴而無有障礙,那麼就應該一心恭敬地這樣祈禱:」

“ ‘I pay homage to the Buddha.
「我禮敬佛。
I pay homage to the Dharma.
我頂禮法。
I pay homage to the Saṅgha.
我向僧伽頂禮致敬。

15.97“ ‘The community of bodhisattvas, the śrāvakas, the pratyekabuddhas, all āryas, and the buddhas of the past, future, and present in the ten directions have accomplished words of truth; according to their powers they have spoken valid words of truth, they have spoken infallible words, they have constantly spoken words of truth for countless millions of great eons, and I rejoice in and pay homage to all who possess valid words of truth.

15.97「菩薩們、聲聞眾、辟支佛、聖者,以及十方過去、未來、現在的諸佛,都已成就了真實的言語。他們根據各自的力根說出了正確的言語,說出了不可欺的言語,在無數百萬大劫中不斷地說出真實的言語。我為所有具足正確言語的眾生歡喜,並向他們恭敬禮拜。」

15.98“ ‘I reverently pay homage to the one who, because he does not speak untrue words, has a long, vast tongue that emerges and completely covers his face, then Jambudvīpa, the four continents, the worlds in the chiliocosm, the dichiliocosm, the trichiliocosm, and all the countless world realms in the ten directions, covering everything and dispelling all affliction from the defilements.

15.98" '我恭敬頂禮那位因為不說虛妄語,而具有長大廣闊舌頭的聖者,他的舌頭伸出來完全遮蓋他的臉,乃至遮蓋閻浮提、四大洲、千世界、二千世界、三千大千世界,以及十方無數的世界,覆蓋一切,消除煩惱帶來的一切痛苦。

15.99“ ‘Having reverently paid homage to all buddhas who possess that sign of the tongue, I, [say your name], pray to possess all excellent eloquence and single-mindedly direct my life to it. [F.109.b]

15.99「『我已經恭敬禮敬所有具有這種舌相的諸佛,我(說出你的名字),祈願獲得一切殊勝的言辭,並一心一意地將我的人生投向於此。』」

15.100“ ‘I reverently pay homage to the sublime eloquence of the buddhas; the sublime eloquence of the bodhisattvas; the sublime eloquence of the pratyekabuddha āryas; the sublime eloquence of the four results of the four entries; the supreme eloquence of the words of the truths of the noble ones; the sublime eloquence of the devarṣis; the sublime eloquence of the ṛṣis in Brahmā’s entourage; the sublime eloquence of Mahādeva and Umā; the sublime eloquence of the worthy devas; the supreme eloquence of King Manasi; the sublime eloquence of the wish-fulfilling goddess; the sublime eloquence of the Four Mahārājas; the supreme eloquence of the consecrated devas; the supreme eloquence of the Vajra Lord of Secrets; the sublime eloquence of the deity Viṣṇu; the sublime eloquence of the goddess Vima; the sublime eloquence of the goddess of Viṣṇu; the sublime eloquence of the goddess Bhadrā; the sublime eloquence of Śiramara; the sublime eloquence of the words of Hari ; the sublime eloquence of the mothers and great mothers; the sublime eloquence of Haritama; the sublime eloquence of the yakṣas; and the eloquence of the jinas in the ten directions.

15.100我恭敬地禮敬諸佛的殊勝辯才;菩薩的殊勝辯才;辟支佛聖者的殊勝辯才;四果四入的殊勝辯才;聖者真理之言的至上辯才;天仙的殊勝辯才;梵天眷屬中仙人的殊勝辯才;大自在天與烏摩的殊勝辯才;值得尊敬的諸天的殊勝辯才;摩那斯大王的至上辯才;如意女神的殊勝辯才;四大天王的殊勝辯才;受灌頂諸天的至上辯才;金剛秘密主的至上辯才;毘紐天神的殊勝辯才;毘摩女神的殊勝辯才;毘紐女神的殊勝辯才;跋陀羅女神的殊勝辯才;濕羅摩羅的殊勝辯才;哈里之言的殊勝辯才;母親與大母親的殊勝辯才;哈里達摩的殊勝辯才;夜叉的殊勝辯才;以及十方勝者的辯才。

“ ‘May I have the possession of all supreme actions
「願我擁有一切至高的行為
And attain supreme, sublime, infinite eloquence.
並成就至高、殊勝、無邊的言辭。
“ ‘I reverently pay homage to the one who does not lie.
「'我恭敬禮敬那不說謊言的者。
I reverently pay homage to the one who is completely liberated.
我恭敬地禮拜已經完全解脫的聖者。
I reverently pay homage to the one who has forsaken desire.
我恭敬地向捨棄了貪的那一位禮敬。
I reverently pay homage to the one who has eliminated the obscuration of bondage.
我恭敬禮敬已經消除束縛障礙的那一位。
“ ‘I reverently pay homage to the one with a pure mind.
我恭敬禮敬心意清淨的那一位。
I reverently pay homage to the one who shines with light.
我恭敬地禮敬那位光芒閃耀的聖者。
I reverently pay homage to the speaker of true words.
我恭敬禮敬說真實語者。
I reverently pay homage to the one who is devoid of the dust of attachment.
我恭敬地向遠離貪塵的聖者禮敬。
“ ‘I reverently pay homage to the one who dwells in the supreme meaning.
「我恭敬禮敬那住於究竟義理的者。
I reverently pay homage to the lord of the great assembly.
我恭敬禮敬大眾之主。
I reverently pay homage to the goddess Sarasvatī.
我恭敬地向辯才天女頂禮。
“ ‘May my words be unimpeded!
「願我的言語暢通無阻!
May whatever I aspire to and seek
我所渴望和追求的一切
All be swiftly accomplished!
一切都迅速成就!
May I obtain health, constant happiness,
願我獲得健康、持續的喜樂,
And a long lifetime of many years.
願我得到長壽,享受許多年歲。
“ ‘I pray to quickly fulfill my aspiration:
「我祈求迅速成就我的願望:
To be skilled in all vidyāmantras, [F.110.a]
精通一切明咒,
To be diligent on the path to enlightenment,
在菩提的道路上精進不懈,
And to bring many benefits to all beings.
並為一切眾生帶來諸多利益。
“ ‘Through my speaking words of truth
「通過我說真實的言語
And my speaking undeceptive words,
以及我所說的不虛偽的言辭,
I pray that the eloquence of the goddess
我祈願女神的辯才
Will be accomplished within me.
願此女神的言辭成就於我心中。
“ ‘You, goddess, come to this place,
「你,女神,請來到此處,
And so that I may have unimpeded words,
使我能夠擁有無礙的言語,
Quickly enter my body and mouth
迅速進入我的身體和口中
And quickly make my mind eloquent.
並快速使我的心意變得善於言辭。
“ ‘May the faculty of my tongue
"願我的舌根
Attain the eloquence of the tathāgatas.
證得如來的辯才。
May I be a guide for beings
願我成為眾生的嚮導
Through the power and might of my words.
通過我言語的力量和威力。
“ ‘When I speak words, may their
「當我說出言辭時,願其 意義得以圓滿成就。
Meaning be perfectly accomplished.
意義得以圓滿成就。
May those who listen have reverence,
願那些傾聽的人都生起恭敬心,
And may what I have said not be wasted.
願我所說的話語不會白費。
“ ‘If I do not accomplish
「如果我沒有成就
The eloquence that I seek,
我所追求的辯才,
Then the goddess’s words of truth
那時女神的真實言語
Will all be nothing but lies.
將全部變成虛妄。
“ ‘Even those with the bad karma of immediate result
「即使那些具有即時業報的惡業之人
Are guided by the Buddha’s words.
受到佛的言教引導。
In that same way, there are all the words
同樣地,有一切的言說
Of any arhat and those of Kṛtajña.
任何阿羅漢和恒伽提婆那樣的人的言語。
“ ‘Śāriputra, Maudgalyāyana,
「舍利弗、目犍連,
And the Bhagavat are foremost among all beings.
薄伽梵在一切眾生中是最殊勝的。
May I accomplish
願我成就
Their true words.
他們的真實言語。
“ ‘I pray that if on this day I invite
「我祈願,如果在今天我邀請
To this place the Buddha and all his disciples,
到此地的佛和他的所有弟子,
They will all quickly come to this place
他們都會很快來到這個地方
And will fulfill my prayers.
並實現我的願望。
“ ‘Whatever genuine words of truth I possess,
「我所有真實的真言,
I pray that they all will be undeceptive.
我祈願他們都是真實不欺的。
“ ‘From the devas above at the summit of existence down‍—
「從存在之頂的諸天開始——
The devas of the Śuddhāvāsa paradises,
淨居諸天,
“ ‘And the Mahābrahmā , Brahmapurohita,
「還有大梵天王、梵天祭祀官,
And Brahmā’s High Clerics paradises,
梵天的高級祭祀官天界,
Throughout all the trichiliocosm worlds‍—
遍及於三千大千世界——
The lord of the Sahā world
娑婆世界的主宰
“ ‘And all his numerous entourage,
「而且他的眾多眷屬,
All of them I am inviting today.
我現在將他們全部邀請到這裡來。
I pray you have love and compassion
我祈禱你擁有慈心和慈悲
And take me into your loving care.
願你們以慈心和慈悲待我,將我納入你們的關懷中。
“ ‘Paranirmita­vaśavartin devas [F.110.b]
他化自在天
And Nirmāṇarati devas,
以及樂變化天的諸天,
The hosts of devas of Tuṣita,
兜率天的諸天眾。
Maitreya who will become perfect,
彌勒菩薩將會成就圓滿,
“ ‘The devas of the Yāma paradise,
「夜摩天的諸天,
The devas of Trāyastriṃśa,
三十三天的諸天,
The devas of the Four Mahārājas,
四大天王的諸天,
And all the entourages of numerous devas‍—
以及諸多諸天的各個眷屬——
“ ‘The devas of earth, water, fire, and air;
「地、水、火、風的諸天;
Those who dwell upon Sumeru Mountain;
住在須彌山上的諸天;
The devas of the mountains of the seven oceans
七海山嶽的諸天
Together with entourages of many devas,
與眾多天眾的眷屬一同而來,
“ ‘And Vāsuki and Pañcaśikha;
「以及娑伽羅龍王與五音樂神;
The devas of the sun, moon, planets, and constellations‍—
太陽、月亮、行星和星宿的諸天——
These and a multitude of other devas
這些和許多其他的諸天
Who bring happiness to the world,
他們為世界帶來幸福,
“ ‘These and a multitude of other devas
「這些和其他眾多的諸天
Who do not aspire to bad actions,
不渴望造作惡業的
Hārītī who has reverence for the Buddha
對佛有恭敬心的鬼子母神
And her beloved youngest son,
以及她所疼愛的最小的兒子,
“ ‘Devas, nāgas, and yakṣas,
諸天、龍王和夜叉,
Gandharvas and asuras,
乾闥婆與阿修羅,
The assemblies of kinnaras,
緊那羅的眾會,
The mahoragas, and so on,
摩睺羅伽等眾
“ ‘I invite every one of them
「我邀請他們每一位
Through the Bhagavat’s power.
藉由薄伽梵的力量。
May they have love and compassion
願他們具有慈心和慈悲
And bestow unimpeded eloquence upon me.
並賦予我無礙的辯才。
“ ‘Those who know the minds of others
「那些了知他人心念的人
Among all the assemblies of devas and humans,
在諸天和人類的所有集會中,
May they all give their blessing
願他們都賜予祝福
And bestow sublime eloquence upon me.
並賜予我殊勝的辯才。
“ ‘All of those beings that there are
「所有存在的一切眾生
As far as the end of the element of space,
直到虛空界的盡頭,
The limits of the realm of phenomena,
現象界的邊界,
May they bestow sublime eloquence upon me!’ ”
願他們賦予我崇高的辯才!」"

15.128The great goddess Sarasvatī, having heard the brahmin’s prayer, said, “O great being, well done! Any man or woman who practices that rite as previously described, based upon that mantra and that praise through mantra, and goes for refuge with veneration to the Three Jewels and remains in single-pointed mindfulness, whatever they accomplish, none of it will be a waste. Moreover, if they possess, read, and recite this extremely wonderful Sublime Golden Light, [F.111.a] then all their aspirations will yield fruit, and they will be quickly accomplished, unless they do not have one-pointed minds.”

15.128大女神辯才天女聽到這位婆羅門的願文後,說道:「偉大的修行者,做得很好!任何男性或女性,如果按照之前所描述的方式修持這個儀軌,依靠那個真言和那個真言的讚頌,並且虔誠地皈依三寶,保持單一的念,無論他們成就什麼,都不會白費。而且,如果他們擁有、閱讀和誦持這部非常殊勝的金光明經,那麼他們所有的願望都將結出果實,並且會迅速成就,除非他們沒有一心一意的心。」

15.129The brahmin was overjoyed and delighted, and with his palms together placed them on the crown of his head.

15.129那位婆羅門歡喜踊躍,雙手合掌恭敬地頂禮。

15.130Then the Bhagavat said to the great goddess Sarasvatī, “Noble goddess, it is excellent, excellent that you protect and guard those who widely promulgate and correctly possess this sublime king of sūtras, and that in order to benefit all beings and so that they may attain happiness, you have taught that kind of Dharma, bestowed inconceivable eloquence, enabled them to attain measureless merit, and enabled those who have developed the aspiration to quickly become immersed in the attainment of enlightenment.”

15.130薄伽梵對辯才天女說道:「尊貴的天女,非常好,非常好,你保護守衛那些廣泛傳播並正確受持這部崇高的經王的人們,為了利益一切眾生,使他們獲得幸福,你教導了這樣的法,賦予了他們不可思議的辯才,使他們獲得了無量的功德,並使那些已經發起願心的人們快速沉浸在菩提的成就中。」

15.131This concludes “The Great Goddess Sarasvatī,” the fifteenth chapter of “The Supremely Victorious King of Sūtras, the Sublime Golden Light.”

15.131(結尾)