The Dhāraṇī Mantras

陀羅尼咒

3.1When King Bimbisāra saw the unprecedented sight of innumerable and limitless numbers of mahābrahmās, Śakras, Nārāyaṇas, and universal monarchs ruling over the four continents, he was utterly amazed. He stood up and went close to them. Next, together with their retinues, the bodhisattva great beings‍—the four messengers of the buddhas‍—sat down and bowed with their palms joined together in the direction of the thus-gone Śākyamuni. [F.137.a] The bodhisattva great being Quintessence of the Sun’s Energy then tossed garlands of campaka flowers in the direction of the thus-gone Śākyamuni and uttered these verses:

3.1頻婆娑羅王看到無數無量的大梵天王、帝釋天、那羅延天及統治四大部洲的轉輪聖王聚集一處,這前所未有的景象令他驚歎不已。他站起身來,走近他們。隨後,菩薩摩訶薩們——佛陀的四位信使——與各自的眷屬一起坐下,向釋迦牟尼如來的方向,雙手合掌恭敬禮拜。菩薩摩訶薩日藏精力王便向釋迦牟尼如來的方向拋撒香象花花鬘,並誦出以下偈頌:

“Sublime human, you hold the light that illuminates beings,
「尊貴的人啊,你持有光明照亮眾生,
And you show the path to those who have corrupt views.
並且您為那些邪見的人指示了正道。
Endowed with the view of sameness, you benefit beings
具足平等見,利益一切眾生
And swiftly subjugate māras and nāgas.
並迅速降伏魔和龍。
“You liberate from their afflictions beings who are hard to tame,
你解救難以調伏的眾生脫離他們的煩惱,
And you cause the light of the Dharma to blaze for a long time in this world.
你使法的光在此世界中長時間熾然燃燒。
Supreme being, you beautify all the many realms
至高的聖者,你美化了所有眾多的世界
With these gateways of concentration.
以這些定的門徑。
“Victor, supreme being, many wise ones
勝者、至高的存在啊,許多智慧者
Speak about this realm from far away.
從遠方談說這個世界。
This time for beings to receive the Dharma is hard to attain;
此時眾生得受法的機會是難以獲得的;
Seeing this, we have joined this assembly for the sake of the Dharma.
看到這一點,我們為了法而聚集在這個法會中。
“It is difficult to achieve a human birth,
「得人身實為困難,
And even those who have obtained a human body for a very long time
即使那些已經獲得人身很久的人
Are seized by severe afflictions;
被嚴重的煩惱所束縛;
Great sage, please quickly sever the web of the afflictions!
大聖,請迅速斷除煩惱的網!
“Like a great elephant, you liberate beings who have fallen
「如同偉大的象王一樣,你解救那些已經墮落的眾生」
Into the ocean of suffering and the river of the afflictions.
墮入苦海和煩惱之河。
The victors have sent us here as messengers
勝者已派遣我們來此作為使者
As they rejoice in your Dharma treasure.
他們在您的法寶中歡喜。

3.7“Respected Blessed One, in the eastern direction, beyond countless buddha realms as numerous as the grains of sand in countless Ganges Rivers, there is a world called Absence of Heat, where the thus-gone, worthy , perfect Buddha Campaka Color resides, thrives, lives well, and teaches the Dharma. That thus-gone one has sent me here. He puts faith in the practice of the Dharma of The Quintessence of the Sun, the section on the light rays that destroy the domain of the nāgas, the dhāraṇī mantra expounded by you that cleanses the karmic actions of sentient beings, and he enquires whether you have any ills or problems and whether you are healthy and well. [F.137.b] Respected Blessed One, are you in good health and free from ills? Are the members of your retinue comfortable and free from ills? Are they eager to listen to the Dharma? Do they follow the Dharma persistently in the way they hear it? Do they abide by the Dharma? Are the domains of the māras and nāgas subjugated in your buddha realm? Is this your only buddha realm? Are you turning the Dharma wheel without obstruction in this place?

3.7"尊敬的世尊,在東方,超越無數佛土——這些佛土的數量如同無數恆河的沙粒一樣眾多——有一個世界叫做無熱,那裡住著如來、應供、正遍知覺者香象色佛,他在那裡安住、興盛、生活美好,並為眾生講說法。那位如來派我來到這裡。他對修習日藏的法道有信心,這是關於摧毀龍王領域的光線部分的陀羅尼咒,是你所宣說的能夠淨化眾生業力的陀羅尼咒,他想要探問你是否有任何病痛或困難,以及你是否健康安樂。尊敬的世尊,你身體安康、沒有病痛嗎?你的眷屬都舒適安樂、沒有病痛嗎?他們是否渴望聽聞正法?他們是否按照聞法的方式堅持修習正法?他們是否安住於正法之中?在你的佛土中,魔和龍王的領域是否被降伏了?這是你唯一的佛土嗎?你在這個地方是否無阻礙地轉動法輪?"

3.8“For the sake of those who will turn the wheel in this buddha realm, the thus-gone Campaka Color puts faith in you and in this practice of the Dharma of The Quintessence of the Sun, the dhāraṇī mantra of the section on the light rays that destroy the domain of the nāgas. He confers this powerful and beneficial dhāraṇī mantra that accords with the truth. It exhausts all forms of attachment associated with the desire realm, the form realm, and the formless realm, as well as pride, special pride, and pride that thinks ‘I am.’ This acceptance that accords with the truth annihilates all māras and vanquishes the nāgas. It pleases the gods, it satisfies the yakṣas, it overcomes the asuras, it pleases the vaiśyas, and it delights the śūdras. It liberates women from their desires, it induces weariness in the scholars, it delights the spiritual practitioners, it completely pacifies all diseases, quarrels, fights, famines, untimely sicknesses, [F.138.a] hostile armies, wind, rains, rivers, cold, heat, snow, and heat waves, and it softens unsavory tastes and substances that are harsh, rough, and hard to touch. It causes the way of the Dharma to blaze, it reveals the teachings of the buddhas, and it ensures that the lineage of the Three Jewels remains uninterrupted. It provides relief to those who are afraid of saṃsāra, generates the knowledge of exhaustion, causes one to realize the knowledge of the unborn, overcomes all the dense darkness of ignorance, removes the burden of suffering, and dries up the river of craving.

3.8「為了那些將在這個佛土轉法輪的人,如來香象色對你和《日藏》法門的修行生起信心,特別是對摧毀龍族領域的光的陀羅尼咒這一部分。他賦予這個強大且有益的陀羅尼咒,它符合法的真諦。它耗盡所有與欲界、色界和無色界相關的貪著,以及慢、殊勝慢和'我是'的慢。這符合法的真諦的認可摧毀所有魔,戰勝龍族。它令天人歡喜,它滿足夜叉,它克服阿修羅,它令吠舍歡喜,它使首陀羅高興。它解脫女性的欲望,它引發學者的厭倦,它令修行者歡喜,它完全平息所有疾病、爭執、戰鬥、飢荒、不時之病、敵對軍隊、風、雨、河流、寒冷、炎熱、雪和熱浪,它柔和不佳的滋味和刺鼻、粗糙、難以接觸的物質。它使法的道路熊熊燃燒,它揭示佛陀的教導,它確保三寶的傳承不被中斷。它為害怕輪迴的人提供救濟,產生漏盡智,導致證得無生智,克服無明的所有沉重黑暗,消除苦的重擔,乾涸渴愛之河。」

3.9tadyathā: vāyevayaparivāre vahevahaparivāre pṛthāviparivāre āve avaparivāre tejetejaparivāre mālemalaparivāre khagekhagaparivāre āloke ālokaparivāre sthama sthamaparivāre rājerājaparivāre silisilaparivāre gamegamaparivāre āvoca avocaparivāre malamalalamalamelama rālarālalama vidyājñāna­bhutaṃgame bhutaṅgama­parivāre cakṣugrahe cakṣugrahaparivāre śotragrahe śotragraha­parivāre ghrāṇagrahe ghrāṇagraha­parivāre jihvāgrahe jihva­grahāparivāre kāyagrahe kāyagraha­parivāre managrahe managraha­parivāre sparśagrahe sparśagraha­parivāre vedanagrahe vedana­graha­parivāre tṛṣṇāgraha tṛṣṇāgraha­parivāre upādāna­grahe upādānagraha­parivāre bhāvagrahe bhāva­grahāparivāre jātigrahe jātigraha­parivāre jaramaraṇgrahe jaramaraṇa­grahāparivāre duḥkha­santapāgrahe duḥkha­santapāgraha­parivāre ārāpārādvaje­grahe ārāpārādvaja­grahāparivāre ārāpārādhvajegrahe ārāpārādhvajaṃgrahāparivāre ārāpārādvijagrahe ārāpārādvijaṁgrahāparivāre avrtavivrtasya [F.138.b] avaramupamāsvasya vegavinivarta ārya­rasmisamvegana­śānati svāhā.

3.9(咒語不翻)

3.10“Respected Blessed One, this is the acceptance that accords with the truth, which was conferred by the thus-gone Campaka Color.”

3.10「尊敬的世尊,這是香象色如來所賜予的法忍。」

The Blessed One expressed his approval of this, as did the entire retinue that had arrived in the buddha realm of Sahā‍—all but those who were absorbed in concentration.

世尊對此表示認可,娑婆世界佛土中到來的整個眷屬也都表示認可,除了那些沉浸於定中的眾生。

3.11Then, the Blessed One said to the bodhisattva great being Quintessence of the Sun’s Energy, “Noble son, while sitting here on this seat, I shall teach extensively to sentient beings, with both meaning and letter and without adding or omitting anything, this acceptance that accords with the truth. Noble son, please reveal also the dhāraṇī mantra hollow lotus stalk of the sun’s eye, which the thus-gone Campaka Color gave to protect you when you were coming here, the dhāraṇī mantra that accomplishes everything from the unique features of the body up to parinirvāṇa.”

3.11世尊對菩薩大士日藏精華能量說道:「善男子,我坐在這個座位上,將用有意義和文字的方式,不添加也不遺漏任何東西地廣泛為眾生宣說這個法忍。善男子,請你也宣說陀羅尼咒日眼空心蓮梗,這是如來香象色在你來這裡時為了保護你而給予的陀羅尼咒,它能成就從身體的獨特特徵直到般涅槃的一切。」

3.12At that moment, the bodhisattva great being Quintessence of the Sun’s Energy uttered these words:

3.12在那時刻,菩薩大士日藏能量說出了這些話:

3.13syād yathedaṃ: siddhamate vilokamate alegetariśe rucesuruce buddhe vibuddhe mahābuddhe unmadte unmadtapratiṣedhane ragadhruvapratiṣedhane bindubindumate citacitavatiṣedhane arkecandra ardhe hataciti hatanirmi hatakāmavege hatapaunabhaviraje hatacakṣusamate hatavimatamudre hatayāghe hatayāghe hatasamudrajave hatavimanarāje hatahite hatacitaṭe hatadharmarāje hatavahurāje hatavarjamati hata upagamate hataroparasmi hatadharmasiddhi hatasarvonamad [F.139.a] jñājñājñā vijñājñājñā sarvamārgajñājñā eṣonadasaṁsaraduḥkhe svāhā.

3.13(咒語不翻)

3.14“Respected Blessed One, this is the dhāraṇī mantra lotus of the sun’s eye, which the thus-gone Campaka Color gave to protect me when I departed.”

3.14「尊敬的世尊,這是日藏陀羅尼咒蓮花,是如來香象色為了保護我而在我出發時所賜予的。」

3.15The blessed Śākyamuni then said to Venerable Yaśas, “Yaśas, remember this dhāraṇī mantra lotus of the sun’s eye! Yaśas, it is rare for thus-gone, worthy , perfect buddhas to appear in the world, but it is much more difficult to obtain this dhāraṇī mantra lotus of the sun’s eye. Noble son, the thus-gone ones or their hearers could describe the qualities and the benefits related to Mount Sumeru or the great ocean, but they could never fully express the qualities and benefits of this dhāraṇī mantra lotus of the sun’s eye, even if they were to endeavor for eons or more. This dhāraṇī mantra lotus of the sun’s eye is therefore profound! Noble son, you must remember this dhāraṇī mantra lotus of the sun’s eye! Comprehend it and teach it on a vast scale to the four assemblies! Thereby, sentient beings’ attachments related to the desire realm will be abandoned, […] all their defilements will be exhausted, and they will experience the happiness of emancipation.”

3.15世尊釋迦牟尼就對尊者諸比丘說:「諸比丘,要記住這個日藏陀羅尼咒!諸比丘,如來、應供、正等覺佛在世間出現是很少見的,但是要獲得這個日藏陀羅尼咒更加困難得多。善男子,如來或他們的聲聞弟子可以說明與須彌山或大海相關的功德和利益,但是即使他們努力了好多劫,也永遠無法完全表達這個日藏陀羅尼咒的功德和利益。這個日藏陀羅尼咒實在是深奧啊!善男子,你一定要記住這個日藏陀羅尼咒!要理解它,並且廣大地向四眾傳授它!這樣的話,眾生對於欲界的貪著就會被捨棄,[……]他們所有的煩惱都會斷盡,他們將會體驗到解脫的樂。」

3.16Then the bodhisattva great being Gandhahastin uttered these verses:

3.16那時菩薩大士香象說出了這些偈頌:

“In front of the king of the trees, you defeated Māra
在樹王之前,你戰勝了魔。
And achieved supreme awakening on your own.
而獨自證得無上覺悟。
Alone, you have subjugated gods, humans, and yakṣas.
你獨自降伏了天、人和夜叉。
Victor, you are the light rays of the sun’s supreme liberated wisdom. [F.139.b]
勝者,你是太陽最高解脫慧的光。
“You alone outshine the non-Buddhists in this world,
「你獨自在這世間超越非佛教徒的光輝,
And you beautify the entire world, like the sun compared to a firefly.
你就像太陽相比螢火蟲一樣,美化了整個世界。
Great sage, you liberate sentient beings within your assembly,
大智者,你在你的集會中解脫有情。
And you ensure that the lineage of the Three Jewels and the Dharma way endure for a long time.
你使三寶的傳承和法道永遠綿延不絕。
“Bodhisattvas who have arrived to worship you alone
菩薩們只為禮拜你而來到此處
Strive for the Dharma in the pursuit of virtue and awakening.
為了追求德行與菩提,而精進修持此法。
Victor, you teach the Dharma that eliminates all suffering,
勝者,你教導能消除一切苦的法。
And you reveal the supreme conduct of awakened wisdom.
你啟示了菩提的至高行持。
“You alone appease sentient beings through your pacifying nectar,
你獨自用安撫的甘露來安撫有情。
And you liberate hundreds of millions of beings to free them from new births.
你使數百萬有情眾生得到解脫,免於新的生。
Your defilements are exhausted, you are free from views, you have abandoned afflictions,
你的煩惱已盡,你不執著於見解,你已捨棄了煩惱,
And you have reached the city of peace, where there is no sorrow.
你已經到達了寂靜的城市,那裡沒有痛苦。
“In the entire world, you are the sole doctor,
「在整個世界裡,你是唯一的醫生,
And the victors have sent us as messengers to ask you questions.
眾勝者已派遣我們作為使者,來向你提出問題。
You abide by an ocean of knowledge and impartial compassion;
你安住於知識的海洋與平等的悲中;
Great sage, listen to this moon-like Dharma, and I will confer a dhāraṇī.
大聖,請聽這如月般的法,我將傳授一個陀羅尼。

3.22“Respected Blessed One, in the southern direction, beyond buddha realms as numerous as the grains of sand needed to fill a city about a league in size, in a place ripe with the five degenerations, there is a world called Banner of Degeneration, where the thus-gone King of the Lord of Mountains resides, thrives, lives well, and teaches the Dharma. That thus-gone one has sent me here. He puts faith in you and in this practice of the Dharma of The Quintessence of the Sun, the section on the light rays that destroy the domain of the nāgas, the dhāraṇī mantra you expound that cleanses the karmic actions of sentient beings. [F.140.a] He enquires whether you have any ills or problems and whether you are healthy and well. Respected Blessed One, are you healthy and free from ills? Are the members of your retinue comfortable and in good health? Are they eager to listen to the sacred Dharma? Do they follow the Dharma persistently in the way they hear it? Do they abide by the Dharma? Are the domains of the māras and nāgas subjugated in your buddha realm? Is this your only buddha realm? Are you turning the Dharma wheel without obstruction in this place? For the sake of those who will turn the wheel in this buddha realm, the thus-gone King of the Lord of Mountains puts faith in you and in this practice of the Dharma of The Quintessence of the Sun, the section on the light rays that destroy the domain of the nāgas, the dhāraṇī mantra that cleanses the karmic actions of sentient beings. Then, he confers this powerful and beneficial dhāraṇī mantra that accords with emptiness. It exhausts all forms of attachment associated with the desire realm, the form realm, and the formless realm. It exhausts pride, special pride, and pride that thinks ‘I am,’ […] and it removes the burden of suffering.

3.22「恭敬的世尊,在南方,超越沙數般眾多的佛土,距離約一里城大小的地方,有一個五濁熾盛的世界,名叫衰落幢,山王領主佛如來住在那裡,興盛繁榮,安樂教法。那位如來派遣我來到這裡。他信心清淨於您和《日藏精華》法門的修行,特別是那消滅龍王領地的光芒段落,您宣說的清淨有情業力的陀羅尼咒。他詢問您是否有病苦煩惱,是否安康無恙。尊敬的世尊,您安康無病嗎?您的眷屬們是否舒適安樂?他們是否渴望聽聞聖法?他們是否如所聽聞般持續修行法門?他們是否安住於法?您的佛土中魔和龍的領地是否已被調伏?這是您唯一的佛土嗎?您在此處是否無礙地轉動法輪?為了那些將在這個佛土轉動法輪的眾生,山王領主佛如來信心清淨於您和《日藏精華》法門的修行,特別是那消滅龍王領地的光芒段落,清淨有情業力的陀羅尼咒。隨後,他宣說這個殊勝利益的陀羅尼咒,與空相應。它消除欲界、色界、無色界相關的一切貪著。它消除慢心、殊勝慢和『我』的慢心,[…]並去除苦的重擔。」

3.23tadyathā: dhumate dhumate akṣidhumate prabhāsadhumate sarvākāśadhumate avaikhagha vaimetakhaga avaikṣakhaga amohakhaga ananyakhaga vyāvṛttikhaga saṁrucakhaga anaimakhaga locanakhaga śikhikhaga [F.140.b] vitimirakkhaga ukṣomakhaga urokhaga akṣikhaga yāvadmanokhaga rūbakhaga yāvadvijñānakhaga cakṣudhātukhaga yāvadmanovijñānadhātukhaga pṛthavīdhātukhaga yāvadvijñānadhātukhaga catusmṛtyupasthānakhaga yāvadāvonakakhaga duḥkhakhaga yāvadmārgakhaga vipavana vikṣapa ananasamudranana sarvakāranana sarvasaṅsthanana viśūpanana akincananana kṣa bhakṣa i le i i le i i le mi le svāhā.

3.23(咒語不翻)

3.24“Blessed One, this is the dhāraṇī mantra that accords with emptiness conferred by the thus-gone King of the Lord of Mountains.”

3.24「世尊,這是山王領主佛所傳授的,符合空性的陀羅尼咒。」

3.25The blessed Śākyamuni expressed his approval of this, as did the entire retinue that had arrived in the buddha realm of Sahā‍—all but those who were absorbed in concentration.

3.25世尊釋迦牟尼對此表示同意,娑婆世界的佛土中到來的全部眷屬也都表示同意,除了那些沉浸在定中的人。

3.26Then the Blessed One said to the bodhisattva great being Gandhahastin, “Noble son, while sitting here on this seat, I shall teach extensively, with both meaning and letter and without adding or omitting anything, this dhāraṇī mantra that accords with emptiness. Noble son, please reveal also the teaching of the inexhaustible core, which the thus-gone King of the Lord of Mountains gave to protect you before you came here. This teaching of the inexhaustible core subsumes the accomplishment of the intentions and feelings of all sentient beings; it causes one to achieve omniscient wisdom, it subjugates the four māras, it is the basis for accomplishment, and it establishes the Dharma way and the lineage of the Three Jewels.”

3.26世尊對菩薩大士香象說道:「聖子啊,我坐在這個座位上,將詳細為你講述這個與空性相應的陀羅尼咒,既講述其義理,也講述其字句,不增不減。聖子啊,你也要宣說不盡藏的教導,這是如來山王領主佛在你來這裡之前為了保護你而賜予的。這個不盡藏的教導包含了一切有情的願和受的圓滿成就;它使人得以證得全知的慧,它降伏四魔,它是成就的基礎,它確立了法道和三寶的傳承。」

3.27At that moment, the bodhisattva great being Gandhahastin uttered these words:

3.27此時,菩薩大士香象說出了這些話:

3.28tadyathā: śraṇavyāya śikṣavyāya smṛtivyāya [F.141.a] prahīnavyāya ṛddhivyāya indriyavyāya balavyāya bodhyāṅgavyāya samadhivyāya dhāraṇīvyāya kṣāntivyāya dhyānavyāya arūpavyāya aninajavyāya mārgavyāya abhijñāvyāya pratisaṁvidvyāya bhūmivyāya vidyāvyāya mahāmaitrivyāya mahākaruṇavyāya pṛthivīvyāya satvavyāya dharmavyāya tamavyāya ālokavyāya pratibhāsavyāya pratiśrutkavyāya gaganavyāya māravyāya śūnyatāvyāya pratītyavyāya apraṇihitavyāya animidtavyāya rutavyāya ghoṣavyāya akincanvyāya abhisamaya anunu anona avaha cacāra cacacāravimu cacacakṣa cacacaravimuvyāya vimukṣaya vimu āpavyāya vimu asamudracaravimu cchedavimu ākāśavamu vyupaśmavimu anābhasavimu ahahavimu apāravimu upaśama salilavimu svāhā.

3.28(咒語不翻)

3.29“Respected Blessed One, this is the dhāraṇī mantra inexhaustible core, which the thus-gone King of the Lord of Mountains conferred in order to protect me when I departed.”

3.29「尊敬的世尊,這是陀羅尼咒無盡藏,乃是如來山王領主佛為了在我出發時保護我而傳授的。」

3.30The blessed Śākyamuni then said to Venerable Ājñātakauṇḍinya, “Kauṇḍinya, remember this dhāraṇī mantra inexhaustible core! Kauṇḍinya, it is rare for thus-gone, worthy , perfect buddhas to appear in the world, but it is much more difficult to obtain this teaching of the inexhaustible core. Noble son, the thus-gone ones or their hearers could enumerate all the moments of thoughts formed by all sentient beings for a hundred thousand eons, but no one could enumerate the eighteen unique qualities of the buddhas who have understood without obscuration this dhāraṇī mantra inexhaustible core. Therefore, Kauṇḍinya, you should teach the Dharma of this teaching of the inexhaustible core on a vast scale to the four assemblies, just as you have heard it! [F.141.b] By hearing that Dharma, they will reach the exhaustion of all their karmic actions, achieve unimpeded, undivided, and uninterrupted eloquence, and become thus-gone ones who are more exalted than the three realms.”

3.30世尊釋迦牟尼對尊者阿若憍陳如說道:「憍陳如,你要記住這個陀羅尼咒無盡心要!憍陳如,如來、應供、正遍覺佛出現於世是稀有的,但是得到這個無盡心要的教法更加困難。善男子,如來或其聲聞弟子們即使用一百千劫的時間來列舉所有眾生所形成的每一個念頭,也沒有人能夠列舉十八不共法的數量,那些已經沒有任何遮障地理解這個陀羅尼咒無盡心要的佛所具有的十八不共法。因此,憍陳如,你應該像你所聽聞的一樣,向四眾廣泛地宣講這個無盡心要的法教!透過聽聞那個法,他們將會消除所有的業力,獲得無礙、不分割、不間斷的辯才,並且成為超越三界的如來。」

3.31At that moment, the bodhisattva great being Glorious Essence of Light bowed down with his palms joined together in the direction of the thus-gone Śākyamuni and uttered these verses:

3.31此時,菩薩大士光明勝德向如來釋迦牟尼頂禮,合掌恭敬,並宣說這些偈頌:

“Wise protector, having crossed over,
「智慧的守護者,已經超越,
You liberate the six classes of beings
你解救六道眾生
Who are carried away by suffering
被苦難所纏縛的眾生
And agitated by the diseases of their afflictions.
被他們的煩惱之病所擾亂。
“You reveal the correct path
你開示正確的道路
To those who are deluded with regard to the six senses
對那些在六根上迷惑的眾生
And caught by Māra’s noose;
而被魔所繫縛;
Within the worlds, your presence is extremely rare.
在世間中,你的出現極為稀有。
“Wise humans will abandon the basis of the household,
「聰慧的人會捨棄居家的基礎,
Which is endowed with the six branches.
具足六支的。
You are the friend of the entire world,
你是整個世界的朋友,
And you eliminate all Dharma famine.
你消除了所有法的饑荒。
“Great practitioner, you possess the six higher perceptions
「大修行者,你具足六神通
And reveal the truths.
並揭示諸真理。
Great sage, you liberate beings circling in saṃsāra
大聖人,你解脫在輪迴中徘徊的眾生
From their tight fetters.
從他們緊密的結縛中。
“We have come to this realm
我們來到了這個世界
Out of faith in your mantra.
出於對您咒的信心。
The protectors of the world have sent us here
世界的護者派遣我們來到這裡
As messengers, so please listen.
作為使者,請你們聽著。

3.37“Respected Blessed One, in the western direction, beyond buddha realms as numerous as the grains of sand in forty-two Ganges Rivers, there is a world called Essence Banner, where the thus-gone one named Royal Mass of Glorious Wisdom resides, thrives, lives well, and teaches the Dharma. That thus-gone one has sent me here. He puts faith in the practice of the Dharma of The Quintessence of the Sun, the section on the light rays that destroy the domain of the nāgas, the dhāraṇī mantra expounded by you that cleanses the karmic actions of sentient beings. [F.142.a] He enquires whether you have any ills or problems and whether you are healthy and well. Respected Blessed One, are you healthy and free from ills? Are the members of your retinue comfortable and in good health? Are they eager to listen to the sacred Dharma? Do they follow the Dharma persistently in the way they hear it? Do they abide by the Dharma? Are the domains of the māras and nāgas subjugated in your buddha realm? Is this your only buddha realm? Are you turning the Dharma wheel without obstruction in this place? For the sake of those who will turn the wheel in this buddha realm, the thus-gone Royal Mass of Glorious Wisdom puts faith in you and in the practice of the Dharma of The Quintessence of the Sun, the section on the light rays that destroy the domain of the nāgas, the dhāraṇī mantra that cleanses the karmic actions of sentient beings. Then, he also confers this powerful and beneficial dhāraṇī mantra that accords with the absence of wishes. It exhausts all forms of attachment associated with the desire realm, the form realm, and the formless realm. It exhausts pride, special pride, and pride that thinks ‘I am,’ […] it overcomes all the dense darkness of ignorance, and it removes the burden of suffering.

3.37「尊敬的世尊,在西方,超越以四十二條恆河之沙粒數量那麼多的佛土,有一個世界名叫精本幢,榮耀智慧王如來住在那裡,興盛繁榮,教導眾生學習佛法。那位如來派遣我來到這裡。他對修行《日藏精華》之法有信心,特別是關於摧毀龍王領域的光線部分,以及您所宣說的那個陀羅尼咒,它能清淨眾生的業力。尊敬的世尊,他詢問您是否有任何病痛或困擾,以及您是否安康良好。尊敬的世尊,您身體安康嗎?沒有病痛嗎?您的眷屬成員是否舒適健康?他們是否渴望聽聞神聖的佛法?他們是否依循所聽到的佛法去堅持修行?他們是否奉持佛法?在您的佛土中,魔和龍王的領域是否已被制伏?這是您唯一的佛土嗎?您是否在這個地方無礙地轉動法輪?為了那些將在這個佛土中轉法輪的眾生,榮耀智慧王如來對您和修行《日藏精華》之法有信心,特別是關於摧毀龍王領域的光線部分,以及能清淨眾生業力的陀羅尼咒。因此,他也傳授這個強大而有益的陀羅尼咒,它符合無願之法。它能消盡與欲界、色界和無色界相關的所有貪著形式。它消盡慢、特殊的慢,以及認為「我是」的慢,克服所有無明的沉重黑暗,並除去苦的負擔。」

3.38tadyathā: śanaśara śamanaśava apakṣavaśa cakṣubhavaśava śotraśava ghrāṇaśava jihvaśava kāyaśava manāśava kṣatividyacakṣupṛthavīkṣabha śrotra avakṣabha jihvavāyukṣabha manojakṣabha ālokajñānakṣabha vījasaṅgramakṣabha [F.142.b] aṅkurakhaghakṣabha śamkarukṣabha kṣayarāsakṣabha śāntivyasrakṣabha natonatainatona avanyeratona nayāvanayinatoneṣa antaduḥkhasya svāhā.

3.38(咒語不翻)

3.39“Blessed One, this is the dhāraṇī mantra that accords with the absence of wishes conferred by the thus-gone Royal Mass of Glorious Wisdom.”

3.39「世尊,這是如來榮耀智慧王所傳授的、與無願相應的陀羅尼咒。」

3.40The blessed Śākyamuni expressed his approval, as did all the sentient beings present within the buddha realm of Sahā‍—except for those who were absorbed in concentration.

3.40尊敬的釋迦牟尼佛表示了贊同,娑婆世界佛土中現場的所有眾生也都表示了贊同——除了那些沈浸在定中的眾生。

3.41Then the Blessed One said to the bodhisattva great being Glorious Essence of Light, “Noble son, while sitting here on this seat, I shall teach extensively to sentient beings, with excellent meaning and words and without adding or omitting anything, this dhāraṇī mantra that accords with emptiness. Noble son, please reveal also the teaching of the fundamental vidyā mantra that the thus-gone Royal Mass of Glorious Wisdom gave to protect you before you came here. That teaching completely pacifies and pulverizes the causes of saṃsāra‍—sentient beings’ lesser, moderate, and intense cravings as well as their afflictions associated with the form and the formless realms‍—accumulated for eons as numerous as the grains of sand in the Ganges. It cleanses their karmic actions, and it perfects all their virtues.”

3.41世尊對菩薩大士光明勝德說道:「善男子,我坐在這個座位上,將以極好的意義和語言,不增不減地廣泛為眾生講說這個與空相應的陀羅尼咒。善男子,你也要開示如來榮耀智慧王在你來到這裡之前所給予你的根本明咒的教法。那個教法能夠完全止息和粉碎輪迴的原因──眾生在欲界、色界和無色界所積累的輕微、中等和強烈的渴愛,以及相應的煩惱,數量如同恆河沙粒那樣無數劫以來所聚集的。它清淨眾生的業力,並圓滿他們的一切德行。」

3.42“Respected Blessed One, I shall do so:

3.42「尊敬的世尊,我就這樣做:

3.43tadyathā: vegapariccheda garbhasakṣase garbharevidyāprabhagakṣekṣaya yogepratihareśamannasikathe samameghajhaṣe akṣaya natekṣabhavaje niddhajhaṣe samanajhaṣe adhyaśayajhaṣe viprabhajhaṣe śaikṣajhaṣe senyajavajhaṣe saliguhyajhaṣe saliguhabhaikṣivanakośe sādhanakonosivadhananathye vitapavidte [F.143.a] upakramapathe anacchedyaprakhe pratikramena sakaṅthyaśaisalocanavame krodhadhare kāmasaśe ākāśakhagenāgakunje vidyavane klanavane ucavane samamakere śariyavane meghajaveharikonova nayanamukhe sārakṣakole narāyaṇacare indravāsane o a ava ārāva ā vara avāra sāramegha duḥkhanastiraninirvāhe svāhā.

3.43(咒語不翻)

3.44“Respected Blessed One, this is the teaching of the fundamental vidyā mantra that the thus-gone Royal Mass of Glorious Wisdom conferred to protect me when I departed.”

3.44「尊敬的世尊,這是如來榮耀智慧王當初為了保護我而傳授給我的基本明咒的教法。」

3.45The blessed Śākyamuni then said to Venerable Śāriputra, “Śāriputra, remember this fundamental dhāraṇī mantra! Śāriputra, it is rare for thus-gone, worthy , perfect buddhas to appear in the world, but it is much more difficult to obtain this fundamental dhāraṇī mantra. Śāriputra, the thus-gone ones or their hearers could count or evaluate the number of smallest particles in the earth element present in the world with its four continents over a hundred eons. However, even if they were to try for a hundred thousand eons, they could never describe the scope of this fundamental dhāraṇī mantra. This fundamental dhāraṇī mantra is therefore very profound. Śāriputra, you must remember this fundamental dhāraṇī mantra. You must comprehend it and teach it on a vast scale to the four assemblies! When sentient beings hear it, the causes of saṃsāra that exist within them‍—their lesser, moderate, and intense cravings as well as their afflictions associated with the form and the formless realms‍—will be completely pacified, and they will turn their backs on them for eons as numerous as the grains of sand in the Ganges. [F.143.b] Women’s karmic obscurations associated with the five acts of immediate retribution and their other causes of saṃsāra will be exhausted without any remainder; all their defilements will be exhausted, and they will be endowed with the happiness of emancipation.”

3.45世尊釋迦牟尼對尊者舍利弗說:「舍利弗,你要記住這個根本陀羅尼咒!舍利弗,如來、應供、正等覺佛陀出現於世間是稀有的,但是得到這個根本陀羅尼咒更加困難。舍利弗,如來或他們的聲聞,可以在一百劫間計算或評估具有四大部洲的世界中地大種最微小的微塵數量。然而,即使他們嘗試一百千劫,也永遠無法描述這個根本陀羅尼咒的作用範圍。這個根本陀羅尼咒因此非常深奧。舍利弗,你必須記住這個根本陀羅尼咒。你必須理解它,並且向四眾大規模地宣講它!當有情眾生聽聞它時,存在於他們心中的輪迴之因——他們較輕、中等和極烈的渴愛,以及他們與色界和無色界相關聯的煩惱——將完全平息,他們將背離這些煩惱,歷經恆河沙數劫那樣漫長的時光。女性與五無間罪相關聯的業障以及她們其他的輪迴之因將完全耗盡,不留任何餘跡;她們所有的垢染將被耗盡,她們將具足解脫的樂。」

3.46At that moment, the bodhisattva great being Ākāśagarbha bowed down with his palms joined in the direction of the Blessed One and uttered these verses:

3.46那時,菩薩大士虛空藏向世尊恭敬合掌,說出了以下偈頌:

“You are the sole guide,
「你是唯一的導師,
And you have gained certainty with respect to all phenomena.
您已對一切諸法獲得了確定無疑的認識。
Since devotion arises in them upon seeing this,
因為他們見到這個而生起信心。
Even the glorious spiritual friends worship you.
即使是殊勝的善友也禮拜你。
“You are worshiped by delightful spiritual friends
你被善友們歡喜地禮拜。
Replete with the most supreme aspects.
圓滿具足最殊勝的性相。
They make offerings to the Thus-Gone One
他們向如來供養華香。
By offering flowers and incense.
以華香供養。
“Since you have gathered this great assembly
「既然你已經聚集了這個大眾
Instantly in this place,
立刻在這個地方,
All the gods are praising you,
所有的天人都在讚歎你,
And the glorious spiritual friends worship you.
而光榮的善友禮拜你。
“O protector of the world,
「世間的保護者啊,
You only demonstrate this on one occasion.
你只在一個場合示現這個。
The wise asuras and the glorious spiritual friends
聰慧的阿修羅和殊勝的善友
Are continuously worshiping you.
持續地禮拜你。
“Glorious Essence of Flowers
花海光佛
Is adorned with all aspects of glory;
莊嚴具足一切榮耀。
He has sent us here as messengers
他派遣我們來此作為使者。
To ask you these questions.
來向你提出這些問題。

3.52“Respected Blessed One, in the northern direction, beyond buddha realms as numerous as the grains of sand in eighty Ganges Rivers, in a place ripe with the five degenerations, there is a world called Manifestation of All Perfumes, where the thus-gone, worthy , perfect Buddha Glorious Essence of Flowers resides and teaches the Dharma. That thus-gone one has sent me here. He puts faith in the practice of the Dharma of The Quintessence of the Sun, the section on the light rays that destroy the domain of the nāgas, the dhāraṇī mantra expounded by you that cleanses the karmic actions of sentient beings. He enquires whether you have any ills or problems and whether you are healthy and well. [F.144.a] Respected Blessed One, are you healthy and free from ills? Are the members of your retinue comfortable and in good health? Are they eager to listen to the sacred Dharma? Do they follow the Dharma persistently in the way they hear it? Do they abide by the Dharma? Are the domains of the māras and nāgas subjugated in your buddha realm? Is your buddha realm unique? Are you turning the Dharma wheel without obstruction in this place? For the sake of those who will turn the wheel in this buddha realm, the thus-gone Royal Mass of Glorious Wisdom puts faith in you and in the practice of the Dharma of The Quintessence of the Sun, the section on the light rays that destroy the domain of the nāgas, the dhāraṇī mantra that cleanses the karmic actions of sentient beings. Moreover, he also confers this powerful and beneficial dhāraṇī mantra peaceful core of knowledge. It benefits all sentient beings, completely cures all diseases, and completely subdues all afflictions. It generates complete knowledge of all the aggregates and elements, causes one to discern all phenomena, reveals all the skillful means, and causes one to experience the entirety of the happiness of emancipation. It induces sincere faith in all sentient beings, causes one to attain happiness related to all phenomena, eradicates all māras and enemies in accordance with the Dharma, and subjugates all the domains of the māras. This great teaching of the peaceful core of knowledge annihilates all māras and vanquishes enemies. It pleases the gods, delights the yakṣas, [F.144.b] overcomes the asuras, pleases the garuḍas, generates faith in the kinnaras, and puts the mahoragas to flight. It subdues all enemies, delights the members of the kṣatriya class, induces comprehension in the brāhmaṇas, overcomes the vaiśyas, and utterly pleases the śūdras. It frees women from their desires, easily releases pregnant women, induces recollection in the scholars, and delights the spiritual practitioners. It completely pacifies all sicknesses, quarrels, fights, famines, epidemics, diseases, hostile armies, untimely winds, rains, rivers, cold, heat, snow, and heat waves, and it softens substances that are harsh, rough, and hard to touch. It causes the way of the Dharma to blaze, it reveals the teachings of the buddhas, and it ensures that the lineage of the Three Jewels remains uninterrupted. It provides relief to those who are afraid of saṃsāra, generates the knowledge of exhaustion, causes one to realize directly the knowledge of the unborn, overcomes all the aggregates associated with darkness, and removes the burden of suffering. It is very powerful.

3.52「尊敬的世尊,在北方,超越八十條恆河沙數那麼多的佛土,在一個充滿五濁的世界中,有一個叫做一切香象現世界的世界,如來、應供、正遍知佛花海光佛住在那裡並教導法。那位如來派我來這裡。他對修習世尊您宣說的《日藏精華》中摧破龍王領域的光芒部分的陀羅尼咒有信心,這陀羅尼咒清淨眾生的業力。他問候您是否有疾病或問題,以及您是否健康安好。尊敬的世尊,您健康無病嗎?您的眷屬們舒適且身體健康嗎?他們是否渴望聽聞聖法?他們是否按所聽聞的方式持續遵行法?他們是否依止於法?在您的佛土中,魔王和龍王的領域是否被降伏?您的佛土是否獨特?您是否在此處無礙地轉動法輪?為了那些將在此佛土中轉動法輪的眾生,如來榮耀智慧王對您和修習《日藏精華》中摧破龍王領域的光芒部分的陀羅尼咒有信心,這陀羅尼咒清淨眾生的業力。而且,他還傳授這個強大且有益的陀羅尼咒平靜知識的核心。它利益一切眾生,完全治癒一切疾病,完全調伏一切煩惱。它生起對一切蘊和界的完整智慧,使人能夠辨別一切現象,揭示一切方便,使人體驗解脫的完整樂。它在一切眾生中引起真誠的信心,使人獲得與一切現象相關的樂,根據法摧毀一切魔王和敵人,降伏一切魔王的領域。這個平靜知識核心的偉大教法消滅一切魔王並戰勝敵人。它取悅諸天,使夜叉歡喜,戰勝阿修羅,取悅迦樓羅,在緊那羅中生起信心,驅趕摩睺羅伽。它降伏一切敵人,使剎帝利階級的成員歡喜,在婆羅門中引起理解,戰勝吠舍,完全取悅首陀羅。它解救婦女免於她們的欲望,輕易救助孕婦,在學者中引起念,使精神實踐者歡喜。它完全平息一切病疾、爭執、戰鬥、飢荒、瘟疫、疾病、敵軍、不時的風、雨、河流、寒冷、炎熱、雪和熱浪,使粗糙、難以觸及的物質變得溫和。它使法道熊熊燃燒,揭示諸佛的教法,確保三寶的傳承不被中斷。它為害怕輪迴的人提供救濟,生起漏盡智,使人直接證悟無生智,戰勝與黑暗相關的一切蘊,去除苦的負擔。它非常強大。」

3.53tadyathā: manākṣa anākṣa ghasākṣa jālakṣa mānākṣa kṣavakṣa mandhākṣa naḍakṣa naḍararahuvisanāta khaghanāṭa āṭanāṭakunāṭa parikusanāṭa nāṭanāṭa purikṣanāṭa utaranāṭa kavināṭa kunjanāṭa amakhanāṭa cavamabhanāṭa khagamabhanāṭa pukṣaranāṭa hisadudrānāṭa samalayanāṭa śirakumaṅkautaṭamatugurava [F.145.a] tvehukṣa vanirajū dhvanamarajū vaghanapute santiravajava mahoragajala atrinā atrinā atrinānava atrinākṣa avahamārgatrinākṣa eṣonatauduḥkhabharasya svāhā.

3.53(咒語不翻)

3.54“Respected Blessed One, the thus-gone Glorious Essence of Flowers confers here this powerful and beneficial great teaching of the peaceful core of knowledge.”

3.54「世尊,如來花海光佛在此傳授這個強大而殊勝的寂靜知識之心的偉大教法。」

The blessed Śākyamuni expressed his approval, as did all the sentient beings who had assembled in the buddha realm of Sahā‍—except for those who were exerting themselves in concentration.

世尊釋迦牟尼表示同意,娑婆世界佛土中集聚的所有有情也都表示同意——除了那些正在修習定的眾生。

3.55Then the Blessed One said to the bodhisattva great being Ākāśagarbha, “Noble son, while sitting here on this seat, I shall teach extensively to sentient beings, with both meaning and words and without adding or omitting anything, this dhāraṇī mantra peaceful core of knowledge. Noble son, please also reveal the mantra that the thus-gone Glorious Essence of Flowers gave when you departed, the dhāraṇī mantra that is the outcome of the sublime states free from concepts and through which all hostile beings develop faith, become pacified, and fall asleep.”

3.55於是世尊告菩薩摩訶薩虛空藏:「善男子,我今坐此座上,為諸有情廣說此陀羅尼咒寂靜智心,具足義語,無所增減。善男子,汝亦當說花海光如來汝去時所與咒,彼陀羅尼乃是離分別勝行之果,由此一切怨敵有情發信心,得寂靜,而入睡眠。」

3.56“Respected Blessed One, I shall do so:

3.56「敬禮世尊,我將依教奉行:

3.57tadyathā: vovṛhabubura talarava ilasaha haṭūhaṭū gaganākṣaśamamitra cakravrtitilesāgara tiledūnahile hilehavahe narajaṭe yavanamitre kṣitimitre paramitre śikhimitre marutramitre khagamitre sarva ujamitre sarvakāmamitre manaparumitre dhanaśvaramitre svāhā.”

3.57(咒語不翻)

3.58Oh! As this teaching that pacifies hostile beings and puts them to sleep was being uttered by the bodhisattva great being Ākāśagarbha, [F.145.b] all hostile snakes‍—except for those who had reached acceptance and those who had reached the level of nonregression on the path to unsurpassed and perfect awakening‍—left for their respective places and fell asleep. Besides the bodhisattvas who had reached acceptance and the level of nonregression, all hostile yakṣas, asuras, garuḍas, mahoragas, pretas, piśācas, pūtanas, and kaṭapūtanas in saṃsāra also left for their respective places and fell asleep. Upon hearing this teaching that pacifies and puts to sleep all the hostile humans who are impetuous, harsh, devoid of affection, and in conflict with one another, as well as those who constantly manifest aggressive behavior, commit the five acts of immediate retribution, reject the sacred Dharma, denigrate the noble ones, and are endowed with the roots of nonvirtue, everyone developed a sincere attitude of love, compassion, and affection and became free of malice and anxiety. Everyone focused on the Dharma, began to fear the afterlife, developed sincere respect for the Three Jewels, observed the Dharma, and manifested a peaceful mindset. [F.146.a]

3.58嗚呼!菩薩大士虛空藏宣說了這個平息敵對有情,使其安眠的教法時,除了已經得到認可和到達無上正等覺之道不退轉地位的敵對龍蛇外,所有敵對的龍蛇都回到了各自的地方並入睡了。除了已經得到認可和到達不退轉地位的菩薩外,輪迴中所有敵對的夜叉、阿修羅、迦樓羅、摩睺羅伽、餓鬼、毘舍遮、布單那和迦吒布單那也都回到了各自的地方並入睡了。當聽到這個平息和使所有敵對人類安眠的教法時,這些人本來性情急躁、言語粗暴、缺乏慈悲、互相爭執,時常表現出侵略行為、造作五無間罪、排斥聖法、詆毀聖者,且具有非德根源的人,現在每個人都生起了誠摯的慈心、悲心和慈悲,擺脫了惡意和憂慮。每個人都專注於法,開始畏懼來世,對三寶生起誠摯的恭敬,遵守法,展現了寧靜祥和的心態。

3.59“Respected Blessed One, this is the dhāraṇī mantra that pacifies hostile beings that the thus-gone Glorious Essence of Flowers conferred to protect me when I departed.”

3.59「尊敬的世尊,這是如來花海光佛在我離開時所傳授的陀羅尼咒,用來保護我,使之能夠安撫敵對的有情眾生。」

3.60The thus-gone Śākyamuni then said to Venerable Maudgalyāyana, “Maudgalyāyana, remember this dhāraṇī mantra that pacifies and puts to sleep hostile beings and that is the outcome of the sublime states free from concepts! Maudgalyāyana, it is rare for thus-gone, worthy , perfect buddhas to appear in the world, but it is much more difficult to obtain this dhāraṇī mantra that is the outcome of the sublime states free from concepts and pacifies and puts to sleep hostile beings. Maudgalyāyana, even if one were to teach this mantra that pacifies and puts to sleep hostile beings for a hundred thousand eons without doing anything else, the world with its gods, and even the bodhisattva great beings who dwell on the levels, could not apprehend its meaning‍—only the thus-gone ones themselves could apprehend it. It is therefore very profound, valuable, and beneficial. It perfects the path to unsurpassed and perfect awakening, it fulfills all wishes, and it causes one to attain the great compassion that ripens sentient beings. Therefore, Maudgalyāyana, remember this dhāraṇī mantra that pacifies and puts to sleep hostile beings, and teach it extensively to sentient beings at the proper times. By the mere fact of hearing it, those beings who listen to it will gain many qualities and benefits. The results of the karmic ripening of much aggression, which would otherwise have led to undesired consequences, will vanish and become nonexistent. They will clearly understand the many defects of saṃsāra, [F.146.b] they will generate many roots of virtue, they will acquire much merit, and they will attend to, serve, and revere many virtuous friends. They will therefore not regress from unsurpassed and perfect awakening. Maudgalyāyana, this dhāraṇī mantra causes the light of the Dharma to blaze, and it ensures that the lineage of the Three Jewels remains uninterrupted.

3.60如來釋迦牟尼對尊者目犍連說:"目犍連,你要記住這個陀羅尼咒,它能平息和使敵對的有情入睡,是遠離分別的勝行的果實。目犍連,如來、值得尊敬、圓滿的佛出現於世間是稀有的,但要得到這個陀羅尼咒更加困難,它是遠離分別的勝行的果實,能平息和使敵對的有情入睡。目犍連,即使有人教導這個能平息和使敵對的有情入睡的咒語一百千劫,不做其他任何事,這個世界及其天人,甚至住於各個級別的菩薩摩訶薩都無法領悟其意義,只有如來本身才能領悟它。因此它非常深奧、珍貴和有益。它使無上正等正覺的道路圓滿,它成就一切願望,它使人獲得能成熟有情的大悲。因此,目犍連,你要記住這個陀羅尼咒,在適當的時候廣泛地教導有情。僅僅因為聽聞它,那些聆聽它的有情將獲得許多品質和利益。許多瞋恚的業力成熟的結果,這些結果原本會導致不願意的後果,將消失並變成不存在。他們將清楚地理解輪迴的許多缺點,他們將生起許多善根,他們將獲得許多福德,他們將親近、供養和尊敬許多善知識。因此他們不會從無上正等正覺退轉。目犍連,這個陀羅尼咒使法的光芒熊熊燃燒,它確保三寶的傳承保持不中斷。"

3.61This concludes the chapter called “The Dhāraṇī Mantras,” the third chapter in “The Quintessence of the Sun,” the Great Vehicle discourse of The Great Assembly.

3.61(結尾)