Chapter 8

第八章

8.1At that time, the thus-gone Akṣobhya addressed the entire assembly: “Noble children, all of you śakra s, brahmās, world protectors, and lords of the gods, nāgas, yakṣas, gandharvas, asuras, garuḍas, kinnaras, mahoragas, and so forth, as well as human and nonhuman beings, who have arrived here out of faith in the buddhas’ teaching‍—I will uplift you! It is rare to find such a congregation of the blessed buddhas, bodhisattva great beings, śakra s, [F.252.a] brahmās, world protectors, and lords of the gods, nāgas, yakṣas, gandharvas, and so forth, as well as human and nonhuman beings! Therefore, now that you have seen this, may those of you who are happy to sustain this sacred Dharma‍—this Dharma method‍—and propagate the lineage of the Three Jewels in the future in this buddha field each make an aspiration before the Blessed One.” {TK204}

8.1此時,阿閦佛對整個大眾宣說:「尊貴的孩子們,你們所有的釋提桓因、梵天、護世天王和諸天主宰,龍、夜叉、乾闥婆、阿修羅、迦樓羅、緊那羅、摩睺羅伽等,以及人類和非人類的眾生,你們都因信仰諸佛的教法而來到這裡——我將提昇你們!能夠聚集如此多的諸佛、菩薩大士、釋提桓因、梵天、護世天王和諸天主宰、龍、夜叉、乾闥婆等,以及人類和非人類的眾生,這是極為罕見的!因此,既然你們已經目睹了這一切,那麼你們當中樂於護持這聖法——這個法門——並在未來於此佛國土中弘揚三寶法脈的人,現在應當在世尊面前發起願心。」

8.2At that time a māra named Flower Mendicant filled a bucket made of the seven precious substances to the brim with flowers, fruits, crops, and sprouts and transformed himself into a buxom lady with a fine complexion. Dressed in women’s clothing and adorned with fine jewelry, the māra said, “All of you blessed buddhas who have come to this buddha field and now abide within it, and all the rest of you who have gathered here, please give me your attention! As I offer this wide cauldron filled to the brim with all manner of flowers, fruits, crops, and sprouts to all the blessed buddhas, out of compassion for all beings please accept this bucket filled with all manner of flowers, fruits, crops, and sprouts. In this way I will then become a female benefactor in every buddha field without exception throughout the entire Fortunate Eon, one who provides others with food, drink, fruits, and flowers. {TK205} I will bring them to maturity too. Through this ripening of merit, I will complete the six perfections and fully awaken to unsurpassed and perfect buddhahood. The beings I train will never lack supplies, [F.252.b] and I will serve them well. Toward that end, please bestow, right now, the accomplishment that fulfills my wishes.”

8.2爾時,一位名為花乞丐的魔,用七寶製成的桶盛滿了花、果實、穀物和芽苗,變現成一位身材豐滿、氣色姣好的女人。這位魔穿著女性衣著,佩戴著精美的珠寶,說道:「所有來到這佛國土並現今住在此中的世尊,以及所有聚集在這裡的其他眾生,請聽我言!我以這裝滿各種花、果實、穀物和芽苗的寬大鼎爐供養所有的世尊,祈願諸佛世尊以悲心接納這盛滿各種花、果實、穀物和芽苗的桶。如此一來,在整個賢劫中,我將在每一個佛國土都成為女性施主,為他人提供食物、飲料、果實和花朵。我也將使其成熟。通過福德的成熟,我將圓滿六波羅蜜,圓滿覺悟無上正等正覺。我所教化的眾生將永遠不缺乏供給,我將善待他們。為了達成這個目標,請現在就賜予我願望成就的加持。」

8.3Then all the blessed buddhas said, “Sublime being, it is excellent that, out of such faith, you have performed such an excellent and lofty act of generosity and venerated all the buddhas. We accept your cauldron filled with flowers and fruits. You shall find all the flowers, fruits, grains, or crops that you wish for. Simply by bringing your wish to mind, it will be fulfilled. May you possess an abundance of flowers, fruits, and grains. May you have abundant wealth.” {TK206}

8.3此時,所有的佛陀都說:"殊勝的眾生啊,你因為這樣的信心,做出了這樣的優秀和殊勝的佈施行為,並恭敬供養了所有的佛陀,這是太好了。我們接受你這個裝滿鮮花和果實的大鍋。你將會獲得你所希望的所有鮮花、果實、穀物或莊稼。只要在心中想起你的願望,它就會實現。願你擁有豐盛的鮮花、果實和穀物。願你擁有充足的財富。"

8.4The māra Flower Mendicant spoke again: “Whether in villages, towns, cities, or border towns, I will be anywhere this dhāraṇī, which the hosts of Māra cannot defeat, is held, taught, explained, or written down. I will ensure the success of everything from the flowers and fruits of their trees to their grain and harvests. I will satisfy all the beings who desire flowers and fruits in those places. Therefore, blessed ones, except in the case of active violence, if there comes a time when there is a being in such a place who dies for want of the flowers and fruits that they desired, then I have deceived all the blessed buddhas in the three times and this great assembly. In that case, may I not fully awaken to unsurpassed and perfect buddhahood. [F.253.a]

8.4魔王花乞丐又說道:「無論在村莊、城鎮、城市或邊遠地區,只要這部陀羅尼被受持、宣講、解說或書寫之處,只要魔軍無法戰勝的地方,我就會在那裡。我將確保他們的樹木花果、穀物和收成一切事物都得以成功。我將滿足那些地方所有渴望花果的眾生。因此,世尊們,除了主動暴力的情況外,如果在這樣的地方有眾生因為缺少他們所渴望的花果而死亡,那麼我就欺騙了過去、現在、未來三時的所有世尊和這個大會眾。在這種情況下,願我無法圓滿成就無上圓滿的佛果。」

8.5“Any being there who desires flowers and fruits will be the cause of my completing the perfection of generosity. Blessed ones, having desired flowers and fruits, should any of those beings have an altruistic, amiable, or compassionate attitude toward one another, that will be the cause of my completing the perfections of discipline {TK207} and patience. Should any of them come to practice diligence, having desired flowers and fruits, that will be the cause of my completing the perfection of diligence. If they develop the perception that the mind and mental states are impermanent, that will be the cause of my completing the perfection of concentration. If, having desired flowers and fruits, even birds or wild animals should come to desire the Dharma and abide in emptiness, that will be the cause of my completing the perfection of insight. Moreover, wherever this Dharma teaching spreads, I will assiduously grant everyone whatever crop they desire, be it fruit, wheat, barley, sesame, white lentils, black lentils, peas, horse gram, red lentils, or beans. I will fill all treasuries and granaries with all kinds of grains and harvests. Should even birds or wild animals desire anything, that will be the cause of my completing the perfection of insight. I will ensure there is plenty of sugarcane, grapes, and pomegranate plants there. I will fill all the beings’ pots, vases, and ladles. {TK208} When even birds or wild animals desire something, that will be the cause of my completing the perfections up to insight. [F.253.b] Having completed the six perfections in this manner, I will fully awaken to unsurpassed and perfect buddhahood. All of you blessed buddhas and bodhisattva great beings, I request you to take delight in this, my bodhisattva conduct.”

8.5「任何渴望花卉和果實的眾生都將成為我圓滿佈施波羅蜜的因。世尊們啊,若那些眾生在渴望花卉和果實的基礎上,彼此之間對待具有利他、友善或悲心的態度,那將成為我圓滿持戒波羅蜜和忍辱波羅蜜的因。若他們當中有人修習精進,在渴望花卉和果實的情況下,那將成為我圓滿精進波羅蜜的因。若他們對心與心所生起無常的認知,那將成為我圓滿禪定波羅蜜的因。若他們在渴望花卉和果實後,即使鳥類或野生動物也開始渴望教法並安住於空性,那將成為我圓滿洞察波羅蜜的因。而且,無論此教法傳播到何處,我都將勤奮地給予所有人他們渴望的莊稼,無論是果實、小麥、大麥、芝麻、白扁豆、黑扁豆、豌豆、馬豆、紅扁豆或豆類。我將用各種穀物和收穫填滿所有的倉庫和糧倉。即使鳥類或野生動物渴望任何東西,那也將成為我圓滿洞察波羅蜜的因。我將確保那裡有充足的甘蔗、葡萄和石榴植物。我將填滿所有眾生的鍋、罐和勺子。即使鳥類或野生動物渴望什麼,那也將成為我圓滿各波羅蜜直至洞察波羅蜜的因。以此方式圓滿六波羅蜜後,我將圓滿證得無上究竟的佛果。你們所有的佛陀和菩薩大聖者啊,我懇請你們為我的菩薩行而歡欣。」

8.6The blessed buddhas expressed their approval by remaining silent. The thus-gone Jñānaketu then declared, “Sublime being, you will be able to enact this great power. Sublime being, do look after all beings with that kind of strength, diligence, enthusiasm, and gentleness.”

8.6諸位世尊佛陀以沉默表示認可。智幢如來隨後宣言:「殊勝的眾生啊,你將能夠實現這種偉大的力量。殊勝的眾生啊,請你用那樣的力量、精進、熱忱和溫柔來照顧所有眾生。」

8.7When the māra Flower Mendicant heard this encouragement from the thus-gone Jñānaketu, he said, “Blessed buddhas, please give me your attention. I will not dwell where this Dharma teaching is not practiced, but only wherever it is practiced. {TK209} I will ensure that all the grain, herbs, fruits, and flowers that exist in that place are resplendent, bountiful, plentiful, delicious, and colorful, so that people may savor them and enjoy them. I will satisfy people there with food and drink. I will fill their treasuries, granaries, pots, vases, and ladles. Should even the birds or wild animals desire something, that will be the cause of my completing the perfection of insight. I will satisfy the beings here in this buddha field for a thousand eons with food and drink. Likewise, I will perform this great power for a thousand eons in each and every one of the infinite, countless buddha fields, as numerous as the grains of sand in the Gaṅgā, that are afflicted [F.254.a] and ripe with the five degenerations. Then, as I fully awaken to unsurpassed and perfect buddhahood, all my deeds shall be perfected. Please bestow upon me this accomplishment. Blessed ones, the following mantra {TK210} effects summoning according to one’s personal aspiration:

8.7魔王花乞丐聽到智幢如來的這番鼓勵,便說道:「世尊們,請注意聽我所說。我不會停留在不實踐這教法的地方,只會在實踐教法的地方停留。{TK209} 我將確保那個地方所有存在的穀物、草藥、果實和花卉都光彩奪目、豐盛充足、美味可口、色彩繽紛,讓人們能夠品嚐並享受它們。我將用食物和飲水滿足那裡的人們。我將填滿他們的寶藏、糧倉、罐子、花瓶和勺子。即使是飛禽或野獸若有所求,那將成為我圓滿般若波羅蜜的因緣。我將在這個佛國土中用食物和飲水滿足眾生一千劫。同樣地,我將在無量無數的佛剎中各各進行這偉大的神力一千劫,這些佛剎如恆河沙粒那樣眾多,被五濁所困擾且熟成於五濁。然後,當我圓滿覺悟無上殊勝的佛果時,我所有的事業都將得以圓滿。請賜予我這成就。世尊們,以下的咒語{TK210}能夠根據個人的願望而發起作用:

8.8camekha camekha camekha vivritahate vaha vaha vaha smara asmarakān sarate vivavasave sara sara indre sara mahīndre sara vajrendre tara vajrendre tarapaya asmakan hu hu hu hu hu hu asaṅgajave ta kha kha vayuvahe upanaya santarpaya vijaphala­puṣpa oṣadhi dhana­dhanyena­candra akṣaye jalavahane smara asmarakan samyak pratipanna­payasaṭatakāli yama me mam imam edacavara svāhā!

8.8(咒語不翻)

8.9“Blessed ones, may I abide wherever this Dharma teaching and mantra are spoken, in order to bring beings to maturity and perfect my bodhisattva conduct.” {TK211}

8.9「世尊們,願我住在這部教法與咒語被宣說的地方,為了引導眾生成熟並圓滿我的菩薩行。」

The blessed buddhas all expressed their approval to him. All the bodhisattva great beings, Māra and his entire retinue, the śakra s, the brahmās, and all the world protectors, as well as all the gods, nāgas, yakṣas, gandharvas, asuras, garuḍas, kinnaras, mahoragas, kumbhāṇḍas, piśācas, and human and nonhuman beings in this buddha field expressed their approval with one voice, saying, “Sublime being, it is excellent that you bring beings to maturity in the form of a woman and engage in the six perfections. May we all achieve this kind of power through our own merit, [F.254.b] diligence, strengths, and bravery!”

受福德的諸佛都向他表示贊許。所有菩薩大士、魔及其全部眷屬、釋提桓因、梵天以及所有護世天王,還有所有天神、龍、夜叉、乾闥婆、阿修羅、迦樓羅、緊那羅、摩睺羅伽、鳩槃荼、毘舍遮,以及這個佛國土中的所有人類和非人類眾生都異口同聲地表示贊許,說道:「聖者啊,你以女性的形態引導眾生走向成熟,並且修行六波羅蜜,這真是太好了。願我們所有人都能通過自己的福德、精進、力量和勇氣而獲得這樣的神通力!」

8.10The thus-gone Śākyamuni then said, “May you be joyful supporters who assist this sublime being.”

8.10如來釋迦牟尼說:「願你們都成為歡喜的助伴,協助這位殊勝的聖者。」

The entirety of the māra Flower Mendicant’s retinue then declared with one voice, {TK212} “For this purpose, we will be this being’s followers, associates, and harmonious assistants. Sublime being, when you fully awaken to unsurpassed and perfect buddhahood, please bestow prophecies of our attaining unsurpassed and perfect awakening.”

魔花乞丐的眷屬全體一聲應諾,說道:「為了這個目的,我們將成為這位眾生的追隨者、同伴和和諧的助手。崇高的眾生,當你圓滿證悟無上正等菩提時,請賜予我們證得無上正等菩提的授記。」

8.11“Friends, may this come to be!” agreed the māra Flower Mendicant. “When a being plants a seed in the earth and enjoys its flowers, fruit, and fragrance, may this bring us happiness and benefit!”

8.11「各位道友,願這樣成就吧!」花乞丐魔王同意道。「當眾生在大地上播種,並享受其花、果和香氣時,願這為我們帶來樂和利益!」

8.12The māra Flower Mendicant then addressed the thus-gone Śākyamuni: “I will uphold your teachings and spread your Dharma methods. First and foremost, I will assiduously apply myself to eradicating all calamities involving famine. Blessed One, please bestow a prophecy of unsurpassed and perfect awakening upon me.”

8.12魔花乞丐隨即對釋迦牟尼佛陀說:「我將恭敬維持您的教法,並且廣泛傳播您的法門。首先也最重要的是,我將勤奮地致力於消除所有涉及飢荒的災難。世尊,請給予我無上正等菩提的授記。」

8.13The māra Flower Mendicant then bowed to the thus-gone Śākyamuni, touching the five points of his body to the ground, and sat to one side. The thus-gone Śākyamuni then said to him:

8.13魔花乞丐隨後向善逝者釋迦牟尼頂禮,以身體的五處接觸地面,然後坐在一旁。善逝者釋迦牟尼於是對他說:

“Heroic heir of the well-gone ones, O lotus face, stand!
「善逝者的英勇繼承人,蓮花臉孔啊,請起身!
You have today made the essential aspiration to supreme awakening.
你今日已經發起了趣向無上正等菩提的根本願心。
Arousing your compassion, sole kinsman, you will liberate beings tormented {TK213}
激發你的悲心,獨一的親族啊,你將解救被折磨的眾生
By the suffering of hunger, and then you will accomplish buddhahood. {8.1}
經歷飢餓的苦,然後你將成就佛果。
The nature of phenomena is that they are immaculate, just like space.
諸法的本質是清淨無染的,就如同虛空一樣。
They are emptiness and utterly transcend the domains of signs and wishes.
它們是空性,完全超越了標誌和願望的範疇。
Realizing this, [F.255.a] you will soon become a buddha called Splendor‍—
領悟這一點,你將很快成為一位名叫光輝的佛陀——
A wise being who tames all enemies in this buddha field with his vast teaching.” {8.2}
一位智慧的眾生,以他廣大的教法馴服了這個佛國土中的所有敵人。

8.16Extremely pleased and delighted, the māra Flower Mendicant cast a variety of flowers toward the blessed ones.

8.16魔花乞丐極其喜悅歡欣,朝世尊們灑下各種花朵。

At that time, the bodhisattva great being Siddhimati rose from his seat. Joining his palms, he spoke in a clear voice to the blessed buddhas in this buddha field: “Blessed buddhas, please give me your attention! Once, at the beginning of the Fortunate Eon, I made an aspiration before the thus-gone Krakucchanda so as to be able to bring beings to maturity. In a female form, I extracted the nectar of the earth by searching among herbs and roots in order to heal the four hundred and four illnesses. {TK214} Thus, in order to make beings happy and free from illness, I demonstrated how to prepare one thousand and four sets of medicinal treatments. These included four hundred and four medicinal extracts, four hundred and four herbal medicines, four hundred and four medicines made from fruits, four hundred and four applications made from butter, four hundred and four applications made from seed oil, four hundred and four cleansing treatments, four hundred and four medicines known as ‘good health,’ and so forth, as well as treatments ingested in the form of powders, pills, and aromas. In order to bring beings to maturity, heal their illnesses, and benefit them, I acted in various functions as the thus-gone Krakucchanda’s attendant, serving him, and from him sought a prophecy of unsurpassed and perfect awakening.

那時,菩薩大士成就慧菩薩從座位上起身,合掌以清晰的聲音對此佛國土中的世尊佛陀們說:「世尊佛陀們,請注意聽我說!從前,在賢劫的開始,我在如來拘留孫佛面前發願,以便能夠使眾生得以成熟。我以女性的形象,通過在草藥和根部中尋找,提取了大地的甘露,以治療四百零四種疾病。因此,為了使眾生快樂,免除疾病,我示現瞭解製備一千零四種醫療方法的方式,其中包括四百零四種藥物萃取、四百零四種草本藥物、四百零四種水果製成的藥物、四百零四種用黃油製成的敷劑、四百零四種用種子油製成的敷劑、四百零四種清潔療法、四百零四種被稱為『無病』的藥物,以及作為粉劑、藥丸和香氣形式服用的各種療法。為了使眾生得以成熟、治癒他們的疾病並使他們受益,我在如來拘留孫佛的許多不同職能中充當侍者,侍奉他,並從他那裡尋求無上正等菩提的授記。」

8.17“The thus-gone Krakucchanda then declared to me, ‘In the future, when beings’ lifespan is a hundred years, there will be one called Śākyamuni who will be called a blessed, thus-gone, worthy, perfect buddha. [F.255.b] From the previous aspirations of this thus-gone one, a great gathering of buddhas and bodhisattvas will manifest. Then you will receive a prophecy of unsurpassed and perfect awakening.’ Later, this was mentioned by the thus-gone Kanakamuni and then by the thus-gone Kāśyapa as well.

8.17「那時,如來拘留孫佛對我宣告:'未來,當眾生壽命為一百歲時,將有一位名為釋迦牟尼者,被稱為福樂的、如來、應供、正等覺佛陀。從這位如來過去的願力,將會顯現一個偉大的佛菩薩聚集。那時你將獲得無上正等菩提的授記。'後來,如來拘那含牟尼佛也提及了這一點,接著迦葉如來也提及了這一點。」

8.18“And so I aspired, ‘At that time, may I {TK215} become a great healer, a god who can extract for sick beings the essences in this buddha field for great eons as numerous as the grains of sand in the Gaṅgā. There I will also take up the vast essence of the earth, seeking among the various grasses, roots, leaves, petals, flowers, and fruits to heal the diseases of beings and be of use to them. Then, whenever a person who has prepared these medicines comes to understand that the mind and all mental states are impermanent, suffering, empty, and selfless, may this be the cause for my completing the perfection of insight. To the degree that I manifest this great power in this buddha field, may I, in a female form, ripen and serve diseased beings in worlds throughout the ten directions as numerous as the grains of sand in the Gaṅgā, for as many eons as there are grains of sand in the Gaṅgā, with great enthusiasm, strength, diligence, and gentleness. Through this may I awaken fully and completely to unsurpassed and perfect buddhahood.’ {TK216}

8.18「因此我這樣發願:『那個時候,願我成為一位偉大的療癒者,一位天神,能夠在這個佛國土中為患病的眾生提取精華,歷經如恆河沙粒般眾多的劫。在那裡,我也將採取大地的廣大精華,在各種草、根、葉、花瓣、花朵和果實中尋求,以治癒眾生的疾病,對他們有所幫助。然後,無論何時,一個準備好這些藥物的人來理解心和所有心所都是無常、苦、空和無我的,願這成為我圓滿洞察波羅蜜的因。我在這個佛國土中展現這偉大力量的程度,願我以女性的形態,在十方世界中如恆河沙粒般眾多的世界中成熟和服侍患病的眾生,歷經如恆河沙粒般眾多的劫,具有偉大的熱忱、力量、精進和溫柔。通過這個,願我圓滿地完全覺悟到無上正等佛果。』」

8.19“Even now, I strengthen my aspiration before the blessed buddhas. May I be the assistant of the greatly fortunate, victorious, and reliable Flower Mendicant. [F.256.a] We will both bring beings to maturity while in the guise of female forms bearing the same complexion. We will ripen women. Blessed ones, furthermore, for the sake of healing the diseases of the old and sick, the two of us will prepare food and drink replete with color, scent, and taste extracted from the essence of the earth. In doing so, may that become a cause for us to complete all the perfections up to insight.

8.19「就這樣,我現在在世尊們面前加強我的願心。願我成為大福報、勝利、可靠的花乞丐的助手。我們兩位都將以女身的形象來度化眾生,擁有相同的膚色。我們將度化女性。世尊們,此外,為了治癒老人和病人的疾病,我們兩位將準備具有色、香、味俱全的食物和飲料,從大地精華中提取而來。藉由這樣做,願那成為我們圓滿所有波羅蜜直至洞察的因。」

8.20“So, when I ask whether I will fully awaken to unsurpassed and perfect buddhahood, I implore you blessed buddhas to give your assent. Blessed buddhas, please bestow a prophecy of unsurpassed and perfect awakening upon me.”

8.20「因此,當我請問是否能夠圓滿證得無上正等菩提時,我懇求你們世尊諸佛給予同意。世尊諸佛,請為我授記無上正等菩提。」

The blessed buddhas then said, “Good, good, O sublime being.”

眾位世尊隨後說道:「善哉,善哉,崇高的眾生啊。」

8.21The thus-gone Śākyamuni then declared: {TK217}

8.21如是去的釋迦牟尼佛於是宣說:{TK217}

“You are the sole doctor for the ailing world
「您是患病世界唯一的醫生
Who, further, delights all lords.
誰進一步令所有主宰都歡喜。
In the sublime and pure field called Lotus
在名為蓮花的殊勝清淨刹土中
You will become the victor Vairocana .” {8.3}
「你將成為勝者毗盧遮那佛。」

8.22The bodhisattva great being Earth Holder also desired a prophecy. In a female form, he made the aspiration to be able to bring beings to maturity by employing earth and the thus-gone Śākyamuni said to him:

8.22地持菩薩大士也渴望得到授記。他以女性身相,發願能夠運用大地來成熟眾生,釋迦牟尼如來因此對他說:

“You are the sole supporter of the mountains and earth.
「你是山地和大地唯一的支持者。」
May your hopes be quickly fulfilled.
願你的期許迅速實現。
In the rich and supreme field Victorious
在富裕殊勝的場域勝利中
You will become the victor Lord of Wisdom.” {8.4}
你將成為勝利的智主。

8.24Likewise, the bodhisattva Supreme Wisdom also desired a prophecy. Taking a female form, he made the aspiration to be able to bring beings to maturity by employing water and the Blessed One said to him as well: [F.256.b]

8.24同樣地,菩薩勝智也希望獲得授記。他化現女身,發願能夠運用水來使眾生成熟,世尊也對他這樣說道:

“You have satisfied beings here with fruits and flowers
「你已經用水果和花朵滿足了這裡的眾生
Through your skill and insight.
通過你的技巧和洞察。
In the supreme and pure field Doorway
在至高清淨的門戶淨土中
You will become the victor Supreme Sun of Bliss.” {8.5} {TK218}
「你將成為勝利者最勝樂日。」

8.26Likewise, the bodhisattva Demonstrator of Consequences also desired a prophecy. Taking a female form, he made the aspiration to be able to bring beings to maturity by employing fire. The Blessed One said to him as well:

8.26同樣地,菩薩示果菩薩也渴望得到授記。他化現為女身,發願能夠運用火來幫助眾生成熟。世尊也對他說:

“Perceiving beings as impermanent,
「觀察眾生為無常,
You matured beings to reach awakening.
你成熟了眾生,使他們達到菩提。
O disciplined being, in the supreme field Highly Extolled
具有高度持戒的眾生啊,在殊勝的境界「高譚揚」中
You will become the well-gone one Lamp of Fire.” {8.6}
你將成為善逝者火燈如來。

8.28Likewise, the bodhisattva Immaculately Moved by Beings also desired a prophecy. Taking a female form, he made the aspiration to be able to bring beings to maturity by employing wind. The Blessed One said to him as well:

8.28同樣地,菩薩無垢被眾也希望得到授記。他化現女身,發願要能夠以風來使眾生成熟。世尊也對他這樣說:

“In movement, you will bring bliss to beings,
"在運動中,你將為眾生帶來樂。"
Totally pacifying their afflictions.
完全平息他們的煩惱。
In the field of Purity you will see the meaning of sameness
在淨土中,你將了悟平等的意義。
And become the victor Candraprabha.” {8.7}
並成為勝者月光童子。」{8.7}

8.30Likewise, the bodhisattva Unobscured Lamp also desired a prophecy. Taking a female form, he made the aspiration to be able to bring beings to maturity by employing space. {TK219} The Blessed One said to him as well:

8.30同樣地,菩薩無礙燈也希望獲得授記。他化現為女身,發願能夠藉由虛空來成熟眾生。世尊也對他這樣說:

“Teacher of nonabiding wisdom, beyond anguish;
「不住智慧的師長,超越痛苦;
Preacher of what is meaningful‍—the supreme and authentic path of awakening‍—
宣說有義的法教——菩提的最勝、真實之道——
In the field called Unimpeded Remover of Obscurations
在名為「無礙遣除昏暗」的世界裡
You will become the victor Supreme Wisdom .” {8.8}
你將成為勝利者勝智菩薩。

8.32Likewise, the bodhisattva Supreme Scent-Perfused Preacher also desired a prophecy. Taking a female form, he made the aspiration to be able to bring beings to maturity by employing flowers. [F.257.a] The Blessed One said to him as well:

8.32同樣地,菩薩最勝香熏說法也希望得到授記。他化現為女身,立願要藉由花朵來使眾生成熟。[F.257.a]世尊對他也這樣說:

“By venerating with flowers of the sweetest fragrance
「以最香甜的花朵來供養
The buddhas who teach the supreme path,
教導勝妙道路的佛陀們,
In the supreme field Source of Flowers
在最勝的花源淨土中
You will become the well-gone one Totally Fragrant.” {8.9}
「你將成為善逝者全香如來。」

8.34Likewise, the bodhisattva Saffron Color also desired a prophecy. Taking a female form, he made the aspiration to be able to bring beings to maturity by employing various colors. The Blessed One said to him as well: {TK220}

8.34同樣地,菩薩鬱金色也渴望獲得授記。他化現為女性身,發願能夠運用各種色彩使眾生成熟。世尊也對他說:

“Dressing the world in saffron,
「用鬱金色裝扮世界,
You fashion it to the delight of the lineage of the Three Jewels.
你以此莊嚴佛國土,令三寶法脈歡喜。
In the supreme buddha field Blue Light
在至上的青光佛國土中
You will become well-gone one Precious Light.” {8.10}
你將成為善逝者珍寶光如來。

8.36Likewise, various gods of seeds, forests, fruits, and so forth, all the way up to sixty-seven trillion bodhisattvas, also desired to receive prophecies. All of them made aspiration prayers to reach unsurpassed and perfect awakening in order to bring beings to maturity while in female form and to be able to ripen women. Why was this? It is because it is very easy for someone who has male genitalia to acquire female genitalia, whereas it is very difficult for someone who has female genitalia to acquire male genitalia. They each individually received a verse of prophecy.

8.36同樣地,各種草木、森林、果實等的天神,乃至六十七兆菩薩,也都希望獲得授記。他們都發願要達成無上正等菩提,目的是以女身摧化眾生並能成熟婦女。為什麼呢?因為有男根的人很容易獲得女根,但有女根的人很難獲得男根。他們每人各別都獲得了一首授記的偈頌。

8.37At that time, billions of gods and great nāgas also desired prophecies. They aspired to awakening, and each individually received a verse of prophecy. Likewise, sixty-four quintillion eight hundred million asuras, seventy septillion female gods and humans, and ninety-nine novillion māras and their retinues, as well as humans and nonhumans [F.257.b] {TK221} including brahmins, kṣatriyas, vaiśyas, śūdras, men, women, boys, and girls, all as numerous as the grains of sand in the Gaṅgā, desired to receive a prophecy of unsurpassed and perfect awakening. They each individually received a verse of prophecy. Moreover, a countless infinitude of humans and nonhumans, and likewise gods, nāgas, yakṣas, gandharvas, asuras, garuḍas, kinnaras, mahoragas, pretas, and piśācas that had not previously generated the mind directed toward unsurpassed and perfect awakening, developed it. Countless beings came to abide at the stage of irreversibility. Countless beings achieved the various absorptions, acceptances, and dhāraṇīs of bodhisattvas. Countless beings achieved the result, were freed from desire, and exhausted their defilements. Countless beings aroused their minds away from the vehicles of the hearers and solitary buddhas and came to abide on the stage of irreversibility within buddhahood itself.

8.37那時,數十億位天神和偉大的龍,也渴望獲得授記。他們發願趣向菩提,各自都獲得了一首授記偈。同樣地,六十四千兆八百億位阿修羅,七十千垓位女性天神和人類,以及九十九千杼位魔及其眷屬,還有包括婆羅門、剎帝利、毘舍、首陀在內的人和非人、男人、女人、男孩和女孩,數量如恆河沙粒一樣眾多,都渴望獲得無上正等菩提的授記。他們各自都獲得了一首授記偈。此外,無數無量的人和非人,同樣還有天神、龍、夜叉、乾闥婆、阿修羅、迦樓羅、緊那羅、摩睺羅伽、餓鬼和毘舍遮,這些此前未曾生起無上正等菩提心的眾生,都產生了這樣的心。無數眾生來到了不退轉的階段。無數眾生獲得了菩薩的各種定、忍和陀羅尼。無數眾生獲得了果位,從欲望中解脫,煩惱已盡。無數眾生激發了他們的心,遠離聲聞和辟支佛的乘,來到了佛果本身內不退轉的階段。

8.38All of these beings then declared with one voice, “We all will uphold this sacred Dharma just as the blessed buddhas have commanded. Whoever retains this Dharma teaching, commits it to writing, {TK222} or upholds it, we shall use our skills to sustain that person.”

8.38這些眾生隨後異口同聲地宣言說:「我們都將如同有福的佛陀所囑咐的那樣,守護這聖法。凡是保留此教法、將其書寫下來,或是守護它的人,我們將運用我們的技能來維護那個人。」

8.39This concludes the chapter on prophecy, the eighth in the “ Ratnaketu ” section of the Great Collection. {TK223}

8.39(結尾)