The Translation
1.1Homage to the great goddess Tārā, the completely victorious jewel, who, with her exquisite necklace, garments, and lower robes, is a canopy for the great worldly realm. [F.219.b]
1.1敬禮偉大的度母女神,圓滿勝利的寶石,她以精妙的項鍊、衣著和下裳,為廣大的世間領域撐起華蓋。
At that time, the goddess Tārā uttered this supreme dhāraṇī, which had never been seen or heard before:
那時,度母女神宣說了這個至高無上的陀羅尼,這是從未見過或聽聞過的:
1.2oṁ trailokyavijaya | acittajaya | aniracijataya | sujaya | vijaya | mahājaya | vijaya | jaya jaya | he he | smara smara | vara vara varada | mahādevi | vilasa | vilasa | vilasa | vaja amotakari vijayadevi | hī hī | kiṇi kiṇi vilambase | smara smara | mahāprajñā anipata | vajramahākāruṇika | bhagini hruṃ hruṃ | sphuṭa sphuṭa | sphoṭa sphoṭa | āveśaya āveśaya | dhuna dhuna | vidhuna vidhuna | kampa kampa | kampaya | surabhigandha | atisita | mukhe haladavala | saṃgarājana | vimavigi | vināśaya vināśaya | he bhagavati | santrāsaya vighanān | parivalāya asmākaṃ asmākaṃ | mādani mādani | saṃbodhaya | saṃmohaya | hara hara | hiri hiri | huru huru | vitakara | varaja | haṃ haṃ | trotāya | haṃ haṃ | santratāya | santroya | manta manta | marda marda | cara cara | saṃcara saṃcara | vega vega vegavati | namo namo namaḥ svāhā |
Upon hearing this great mantra,聽聞這個偉大的咒語時,
Supremely renowned in the three realms,在三界中名聞遐邇,
The assemblies of gods and asuras,諸天與阿修羅的眾會
Together with the hordes of rākṣasas,與羅剎眾一起,
Yakṣas, kinnaras, mahoragas,夜叉、緊那羅、摩睺羅伽,
Bhūtas, gandharvas, and vināyakas,餓鬼、乾闥婆和毗那夜迦,
Grew afraid and hung their heads low.都感到恐懼,低下了頭。
With their mighty arms trembling, they said:他們雙臂顫抖,說道:
“Homage to you, Tārā, the broad-eyed one,「敬禮於你,度母,寬眼的聖者,」
Who turns away the speech of Kāmadeva,誰轉離愛欲天的言語,
So that your names may fill the three realms!使你的名號充滿三界!
“Proclaimer of Avalokiteśvara’s lineage,觀世音菩薩的血脈傳承者,
Light renowned for its greatness, O broad-eyed one,光明因其偉大而聞名,啊,寬眼者啊,
You came into being to help sentient beings!”你應運而生以幫助眾生!
Then, all the gods and asuras,那時,所有的天神和阿修羅,
Such as Śiva and the others, gathered together.濕婆等諸位明咒仙的首領齊聚一堂。
The lords among vidyādharas明咒仙中的諸位領主
And the vidyādharas themselves而那些明咒仙
Draped their upper garments across their shoulders,將上衣搭在肩膀上,
Performed excellent circumambulations, and,進行了完美的繞行禮敬,並且
Bending their knees to the ground,跪地彎曲雙膝,
Spoke the following words: [F.220.a]說出了以下的言語:
“O Tārā, goddess of blazing light,「啊度母,光芒熾熱的女神,
To you we pay homage! Homage! Homage to you!我們向您敬禮!敬禮!敬禮於您!
Your hundred and eight peerless and pristine names你那一百零八個無與倫比的清淨名號
We will now recite:我們現在將讚頌:
“Glorious, exalted one, ever victorious and propitious,光榮、崇高的尊者,永遠勝利且吉祥的,
Your extrasensory powers are as swift as Prajāpati’s.你的神通如梵祖一樣迅速。
Your fierceness instills fear in the Lord of Love,你的兇悍使愛神之主心生恐懼,
Yet you are free of carelessness and conceit.然而你卻遠離懈怠和傲慢。
“Your eyes, face, and navel「你的眼睛、面容和臍輪
Are lotus-like and exude purity.如蓮花般純潔無瑕。
Your broad, beautiful eyes glow blue你寬廣、美麗的眼睛閃耀著優缽羅花的藍色光芒
Like the blue of the utpala flower.如同優缽羅花的藍色。
“You protect all those worthy of care,「你保護一切值得關懷的眾生,」
Granting them happiness, strength, and beauty.賜予他們幸福、力量和美麗。
Protector and fierce guardian,保護者和兇悍的守護者,
You enact the deeds of the Three Jewels.你實踐三寶的事業。
“Your lips and fingernails shine red.「你的嘴唇和指甲閃耀著紅色。
With bloodshot eyes you gaze.你用血紅的眼睛凝視。
Joyful, lotus-like force of joy,歡喜的蓮花般喜樂的力量,
You are the color of the lotus, in whose hues you delight!你是蓮花的色澤,在其色彩中歡樂!
“With your extraordinary strength and frightful attire以你非凡的力量和威嚴恐怖的形象
You tame and pacify the three worlds.你馴伏和平息三界。
Subduer who acts to tame beings,調伏眾生的調御者,
Noble one, you are praised as supreme among all.尊貴的聖者,你被讚頌為所有眾生中最高無上的。
“Holder of the vajra of resplendent clarity that tames beings,持有光明清澈金剛杵以調伏眾生者,
Utterly victorious clear light,完全勝利的清淨光明,
You are awake, beyond taint or stain,您是清淨無染的覺悟者,
And you are honored by Candra and the outstanding gods.你受到月天和傑出諸神的敬禮。
“Your beautiful beams of light您美麗的光芒
Pervade all objects of desire.遍滿一切所欲之物。
Majestic in your battle with Varuṇa,在與水天的戰鬥中威武雄壯,
Supreme one, your mind is naturally expansive and pervasive.至高無上者,妳的心識本然寬廣而遍滿一切。
“With your triple crown ornament, three belly folds, and three eyes「以你的三層冠冕莊嚴,三道腹部褶皺,和三隻眼睛
You clear away the three defilements.妳清除三種垢穢。
Dispeller of phenomenal existence, lady of deep virtue,現象世界的驅散者,深德之女性,
You are also renowned for your eloquence.你也因雄辯而聞名。
“You grant victory and merit「您賜予勝利與功德
And fearlessly vanquish evil.無懼地克服邪惡。
Lady of peace who grants wealth and luster,平靜之母,賜予財富與光采者,
Your form, belly, and bosom are most elegant!你的身形、腹部和胸膛最為優雅!
“Lady of illusion who tames the field of illusory displays,「幻象之女,馴服幻象顯現的領域,
You uphold discipline and dispel all impurity.您堅守戒律,消除一切不淨。
Holding a garland, you bring elation,持著花鬘,妳帶來欣喜,
Grant exhilaration, and remove all conceit.賜予欣喜,消除一切我慢。
“Wrathful lady who inspires splendor,「威猛的女神啊,你鼓舞人們的光輝,
White lady of bliss who brings peace,帶來幸福與安寧的白色女神,
Sovereign lady of all living beings, noble and mighty goddess, [F.220.b]一切眾生的主宰女神,高貴而強大的女神,
You hold and bestow sacred knowledge.妳掌握並賜予神聖的知識。
“Your moon-like face glows with moonlight,「你那月亮般的臉龐散發著月光,」
Stealing away the moon’s own effulgence.竊取月亮本身的光輝。
Lady who delights in robbing the radiance of the sun,喜歡奪取太陽光芒的女神,
You are beautiful, exalted, and wholly at peace!您美麗、崇高,圓滿安樂!
“Blissful steppingstone to happiness,「幸福的踏腳石,
You remove all that stands in the way of good fortune.妳消除一切阻礙福報的障礙。
You make wealth increase and merit ever-victorious.你使財富增長,功德永遠勝利。
You gleam like gold and silver from the Jambu River.你光彩閃耀如贍部洲河的黃金和白銀。
“Dispeller of fears and bestower of fearlessness,「恐懼的驅散者,無畏的賦予者,」
You are Tārā; your face is like the moon.你是度母,你的面容像月亮一樣。
You never stray far from any sentient being.你從不遠離任何有情眾生。
You bring joy and are worthy of worship and homage.你帶來喜樂,值得敬禮和供養。
“Your exalted garments glimmer with blue hues;你的崇高衣著閃耀著藍色的光彩;
You are beautifully adorned with red ornaments;你被美麗的紅色飾品所莊嚴裝飾;
And, like Gaṅgā, you dress in yellow clothing.妳如同恒河女神一樣,身著黃色的衣著。
Blazing white lady, you are all-seeing!熾白的女神,你無所不見!
“Fragrant as a ball of bezoar,「香氣如同牛黃丸,
You are the adamantine Varuṇa and retinue.你是金剛水天及其眷屬。
Fearsome lady, queen of the supreme maṇḍala,恐怖的聖母,至高曼荼羅的女王,
With your white teeth you laugh and smile.你用潔白的牙齒笑著微笑。
“You wear armlets, earrings, and bracelets你戴著臂釧、耳飾和手鐲
And are wreathed in glimmering crystal necklaces.並被閃爍的水晶項鍊所環繞。
Lady with a face of beauty, wearing a superb sash,面容姿態美妙的女士,穿著華美的腰帶,
You are accompanied by the one who holds a sprig of neem leaves.你身邊伴隨著拿著苦楝樹枝葉的那一位。
“You wear a jeweled diadem, hold a jewel,「你頭戴著寶石冠冕,手持著寶珠,
And are adorned with jeweled ornaments.而且佩戴著珠寶飾品。
You are adorned with a band of beautiful gems,你用美麗的寶石帶來裝飾自己,
And sparkle like precious stones.閃耀如珍貴的寶石般光彩耀眼。
“Vajra lady, you radiate with blazing colors,金剛杵女神,你放射著熾熱的光芒,
Awakening men and women both.喚醒男人和女人。
Fanged one who wields the rod of peace,持有和平之杖的尖牙者,
You are as strong as Brahmā and as swift as the wind.你如同梵天一樣強大,如同風一樣迅速。
“You are the woman who descends from the sky你是從天空降臨的女神
And shines with the light of a supreme goddess.並散發至高女神的光芒。
Luminous one who conquers through desire,透過欲望而勝利的光耀者,
You have vanquished the torment of desire.你已經克服了欲望的痛苦。
“Wrathful one with a topknot and diadem, victorious one,「具有髻和寶冠的忿怒女神,勝者,
You are Brahmā and have the speech of Brahmā.你是梵天,具有梵天的言語。
Your beautiful voice rings like the call of the kalaviṅka.你美妙的聲音如同迦陵頻伽的鳴唱一般清越動人。
Sovereign of the world, you are born within the supreme family!世間的主宰,你誕生於至高的聖族之中!
“Fierce lady adorned with the resplendence of jewels「凶悍的女神,以寶石的光輝裝飾自身
And holding a staff with adamantine leaves,手握著金剛葉的杖。
Your immaculate earrings sway as you move.你純淨的耳飾隨著你的移動而搖晃。
Such is how you dawn in the minds of those in Yama’s realm.你就是以這樣的方式在閻羅王的領域中的眾生心中顯現。
“You are the one taking the form of a vidyādharī.「你是取現明咒仙女身相的那一位。
You are endowed with five strengths and bestow strength. [F.221.a]你具足五種力量,並賜予力量。
Wielding strength as well as absence of strength,既揮舞著力量,也揮舞著無力量,
You cut with the blade of wisdom.你用智慧的刀刃來切割。
“You are crafty and full of art,「你聰慧靈巧,充滿智慧,
And your voice resounds mightily,你的聲音響徹有力,
Like a bouquet of campaka flowers如同一束香花花束
Brightens a courtyard or hall from above.從上方照亮院子或大廳。
Wrathful one, you hold a bouquet in your hand忿怒者,你手中持著香花的花束
And are an excellent support for yellow-clad monastics.並且是穿著黃色衣衣修行者的殊勝依靠。
Fortunate one, you are decked in ornaments幸運者,你身上裝飾著莊嚴的寶飾
And experience great delight.並體驗到極大的喜樂。
“Vajra fury who brings joy,「金剛杵忿怒者,帶來喜樂,
You are endowed with the signs and great strength of your lineage.你具備了你的傳承的標誌和偉大的力量。
With your bliss, intelligence, and adamantine means,以你的極樂、智慧和金剛杵的方便,
You bestow understanding and increase wisdom.您賜予理解並增長智慧。
“Goddess of the resplendent diadem,「光彩燦爛冠冕的女神,
Your manner is greater than all the gods.你的威德超越諸天神。
As Nārāyaṇī, you dispel negativity,作為那羅延女神,妳驅除負面的事物,
And you delight in auspiciousness and modesty.妳欣喜於吉祥與謙遜。
“Lady of gladness, you delight all who associate with you「喜悅之女神,你使所有與你親近的人都感到喜悅。
And you delight in those who delight in wholesome conduct.你欣喜於那些樂於行善的人。
Delightful lady who exudes delight,令人喜悅的聖女,散發著喜悅,
You are an excellent support for all qualities.妳是所有美德的絕佳支持。
“Lady who emanates buddha emanations,「散發佛陀化身的聖女,」
And who works to dispel pride,並且致力於消除傲慢的人。
You destroy karma and afflictions,您摧毀業和煩惱,
And conquer all forms of desire.征服一切形式的欲望。
“You are a buddha with the ten knowledges,你是具有十智的佛陀,
And you uphold the ten perfections.你們堅持十波羅蜜。
You have reached the ten grounds,你已證得十地,
And shine bright with the light of the ten strengths.並以十力的光芒照耀光明。
“You wear a vajra diadem and wield a vajra.你戴著金剛杵冠冕,手持金剛杵。
With your subtle vajra you clear away asuras.用你微妙的金剛杵驅除阿修羅。
With the vajra of time you bring elation,你以時間的金剛杵帶來喜樂,
And you wield the vajra hook of bliss and glory.你揮動著金剛杵的鉤子,帶來幸福和榮耀。
“Charming lady who holds a vajra in her hand持金剛杵的迷人女神
And wields a vajra lasso, an excellent lasso,持金剛杵繩索,極妙的繩索,
You are captivating; you bring satisfaction to the mind,妳令人著迷;妳為心帶來滿足,
And you dispel all opponents and obstacle makers.你消除了一切對手和製造障礙的者。
“You bring about contentment and great happiness,您帶來滿足和極大的幸福,
And reveal the way of play and dance.並揭示遊戲和舞蹈的方式。
Rich in Dharma, you have the radiance of halāhala.富於法,你具有毒液的光輝。
Giver of the Dharma, your gaze is vast.法的給予者,你的目光廣闊無邊。
“You are a vajra emanation,「你是金剛杵的化身,
And are said to be vajra nectar.並被稱為金剛杵的甘露。
Great goddess, powerful with a blazing vajra,偉大的女神,以熾烈的金剛杵而強大,
To you we pay homage!我們向您頂禮!
“With this praise of ours,「以我們的這個讚頌,
We recite your hundred and eight sublime names.我們誦念妳一百零八個殊勝的名號。
Amazing! The supreme Blessed One herself [F.221.b]奇哉!至尊的福德聖者本身
Has spoken the most sublime of utterances.”說出了最殊勝的言語。
Then, the magnificent goddess Tārā,然後,莊嚴的度母女神,
Who is like the light of the moon誰能如月光般皎潔
And blazes with radiance,並閃耀著光輝,
Revealed a smile and spoke:露出微笑開口說:
“Maheśvara and the rest of you,「大自在天及其他眾神啊,
Listen now to my words.現在聽我說話。
Always be agreeable with everyone常常與所有人和睦相處
As you strive to attain the ten strengths.當你們努力證得十力的時候。
At all times, protect the great way無論何時,都要守護偉大的道路
Of the thus-gone ones.如來的。
Keeping your minds on the path of peace,保持你的心念在和平的道路上,
You must cross over the unbearable ocean of cyclic existence,你必須超越難以忍受的輪迴之海。
Which is the source of great terrors這是偉大恐懼的源頭
And is so difficult to ford.而且非常難以渡過。
Setting your mind upon the city of nirvāṇa,將你的心念設定在涅槃的城市,
You must strive for it and enter it.”你必須為之奮力,並進入其中。
Then Tārā, whose face is as beautiful那時度母,面容美麗如
As a garland of the sun’s blazing rays,如同太陽熾烈光芒的花冠,
Spoke the following words說出了以下的話語
Like the rumbling thunder of the Thus-Gone One:猶如如來隆隆的雷鳴聲:
“O wonder! This excellent vidyāmantra of Tārā「奇哉!這殊勝的度母明咒
Clears away all darkness,消除一切黑暗,
Creates immense power and strength,創造出巨大的力量和強度,
And cuts through all obscurations.並且穿透一切障蔽。
“This dhāraṇī, which brings so much joy,「這個陀羅尼帶來如此之多的喜悅,
Will not be heard by the masses不會被大眾聽聞
Who have not purified themselves尚未淨化自己的人
By cultivating inner confidence.通過培養內在的信心。
“This great samaya, the samaya of this vidyāmantra,「這個偉大的誓言,這個明咒的誓言,
Will arise for those將會為那些
Who have developed stable confidence,已經培養出穩定信心的人,
From their prior efforts toward buddhahood.從他們對佛果的先前修行而來。
“Whoever upholds this sublime, indestructible dhāraṇī-mantra,「凡是受持這個殊勝、不可毀壞的陀羅尼咒語的人,
Which quells all afflictions,它能平息一切煩惱,
Eliminates all negativity,消除一切負業,
And nurtures all beings—並滋養一切眾生—
Whoever, in meditative equipoise,無論任何人,在等持中,
Hears it, reads it, or keeps it in mind—聽聞、誦讀或心中憶持這些名號的人,在等持中必將成就一切所願。
Will accomplish all their aims將會成就一切所願
As was stated by the Self-Arisen One.如自生佛所宣說的那樣。
“They will be liberated from all affliction,「他們將從一切痛苦中得到解脫,」
Become the most excellent of sentient beings,成為眾生中最殊勝的存在,
And will be equal to the thus-gone ones將與如來相等
Who are immersed in knowledge of every world’s phenomena.沉浸於對一切世界現象的知識中。
“Whoever chants these hundred and eight names「凡是誦持這一百零八個名號的人
And praises Tārā’s moon-like face in this way [F.222.a]並以這樣的方式讚歎度母月光般的面容
Will reach buddhahood itself.將證得佛果。
They will accomplish all their aims他們將成就一切願望
And gain control over kings, powerful people,並獲得對國王和權勢人物的控制力。
And any number of other beings.以及其他無數的眾生。
“This praise, known as The Hundred and Eight Names of the Goddess Tārā with a Lovely Face,「這份讚頌,稱為《面容嬌美的度母一百零八個名號》,」
Fills the many worlds充滿無數世界
And dispels all afflictions and everything untoward!並且消除一切煩惱和所有不吉祥的事物!
“Her body, which is like the supreme mountain of thus-gone ones,「她的身體如同如來的至高山岳,」
Shakes the mountain ascended by the clans of māras.震撼被魔眾占據的山峰。
She is the light that fully awakens gods and humans.她是令諸天與人類完全覺醒的光明。
“This eminent one is renowned for her profound dedication這位尊貴的女神以其深遠的奉獻精神而聞名遐邇
To the great collection of well-spoken teachings對於偉大的善說教法的集合
Ceaselessly transmitted by the most eminent of the Victor’s heirs由勝者最傑出的繼承者不斷傳承
Through their stability in the unique powers.通過他們在獨特力量中的穩定性。
Appearing for the benefit of all, she condenses this Dharma,為了利益一切眾生而現身,她匯集了這部法。
And thus expertly soothes the fevers of the mind.”並以高超的方式安撫心靈的狂熱。
After these words that dispel unbearable afflictions,在這些驅散無法忍受的煩惱的話語之後,
And which produce a tranquil mind,能夠令心意寧靜祥和
Were spoken by the supreme Victor,由至高的勝者所說出。
Tārā remained still and did not speak further.度母保持沉默,沒有再說話。
Astonished and enraptured by the sublime goddess Tārā,被至高無上的度母女神所震撼和迷醉,
The entire assembly of devas and asuras was filled with joy and wonder整個天神和阿修羅的大會眾都充滿了喜悅和驚嘆。
Upon hearing these instructive words that evoke deep joy and grant happiness and long life.聽聞這些能引發深深喜悅、賜予幸福和長壽的教誨之語。
Overjoyed, they joined their hands above their heads as their speech was stilled.他們歡喜無比,合掌頂禮,言語完全寂靜。
1.57This completes the dhāraṇī named “Supreme Tārā, the Hundred and Eight Names of the Goddess Tārā.”