The Translation

[F.171.b]

Homage to all the buddhas and bodhisattvas.

禮敬一切佛陀和菩薩。

1.1Thus did I hear at one time. The Blessed One was residing at the noble Avalokiteśvara’s abode at the summit of Mount Potala, a place that was arrayed with many different fragrant flowers, golden like the color of the Jambu River, and shining with a variety of jewels. There he was surrounded by many trillions of gods, nāgas, yakṣas, rākṣasas, gandharvas, asuras, garuḍas, kinnaras, mahoragas, humans, and non-humans, who honored him, took him as their teacher, respected him, made offerings to him, and revered him. In front of this group, he taught the Dharma.

1.1我是這樣聽說的。有一次,薄伽梵住在高貴的觀音菩薩的住處普陀山的山頂,那裡裝飾著許多不同的芳香花卉,金色如閻浮檀河的顏色,並閃耀著各種珍寶的光輝。在那裡,他被許多兆數的天、龍、夜叉、羅剎、乾闥婆、阿修羅、迦樓羅、緊那羅、摩睺羅伽、人類和非人類所圍繞,他們尊敬他、以他為師、恭敬他、向他供養、並禮拜他。在這群眾面前,他為他們講授了法。

1.2He exclusively taught, in a perfect manner, the pure conduct‍—virtuous in the beginning, virtuous in the middle, and virtuous in the end, excellent in meaning, beautiful in expression, completely cleansed, and completely pure, unmixed, complete, and utterly clear. Thereafter, Brahmā and so forth praised the bodhisattva great being, noble Avalokiteśvara, as follows:

1.2他圓滿地教導清淨的行持——始善、中善、後善,意義殊勝,辭句優美,完全清淨,純粹無雜,圓滿無缺,極其明確。之後,梵天等讚歎菩薩大士、尊貴的觀音如下:

“Ah, Blessed Buddha!
「啊,薄伽梵佛陀!
You have done what is to be done, accomplished the task,
你已經做了應該做的事,完成了任務,
Cast off the burden, achieved your own aims,
放下了負擔,達成了自己的目標,
And utterly cleared away the ties to existence.
並徹底斷除了對存在的執著。
Your words are authentic and your mind completely free.
你的言語真實可靠,你的心完全解脫。
Your wisdom is completely liberated.
您的智慧已經完全解脫。
Like the Great Elephant, you know all.
如同大象一般,你知曉一切。
You have attained the supreme perfection
您已經達到最高的圓滿
Of completely controlling your mind.
的究竟控制你的心。
You have perfected the accumulation of wisdom.
你已圓滿積累了智慧。
You have crossed the wilderness of existence.
你已經度過了輪迴的荒漠。
You strive in actions for others’ benefit.
你為了他人的利益而精進於行動。
Your mind is suffused with compassion,
你的心充滿了慈悲,
And you have love for every being. [F.172.a]
你對每一個眾生都有愛。
Arisen from love, you strive toward virtue
你因愛而生,為德而努力。
And are skilled in freeing limitless beings.
你善於解脫無量眾生。
You have been born from the sugatas themselves
你從善逝本身而生
And are the word of the sugatas.
你是善逝的言語。
You are the single friend of the three worlds.
你是三界的唯一朋友。
Free from desire, anger, and delusion,
遠離貪、瞋、癡,
You have left behind the three stains,
你已經超越了三種垢染,
And are the perfection of the three knowledges.
你是三明的圓滿。
You have the six superknowledges.
您已具足六神通。
Your body is rounded like the nyagrodha tree.
你的身體圓滿如同榕樹。
You possess the thirty-two
你具有三十二
Marks of a great being
大士的標記
And your body is also fully adorned
你的身體也圓滿莊嚴
With the eighty minor marks.
八十種好。
Golden in color,
金色的身體,
Your body is tall and edged with white.
你的身體高大,邊緣潔白。
Like the young nāgakesara,
如同年輕的金色樹一般,
You are slightly reddish in color.
你的色澤略呈紅色。
You have a crowning topknot
你頭頂有著高聳的髮髻
Wrapped with many locks.
用許多髮束纏繞。
Amitābha sits upon your crown,
阿彌陀佛坐在你的頂髻上,
Radiating out rays of light.
放射出光芒的光線。
Your aura of light, a fathom in size, blazes
你的光暈,寬廣一丈,熊熊燃燒
Like a golden mountain, spreading with renown.
如同金色的山峰,聲譽遍佈四方。
Your magnificence is great.
你的光輝偉大。
You are endowed with an uṣṇīṣa,
你具備肉髻,
Radiant like the sun shining on an eastern ridge.
光芒璀璨如太陽照耀東邊山嶺。
A sash blazing with precious gems
一條閃耀著珍寶光芒的腰帶
Is an adornment across your body.
是您身上的莊嚴裝飾。
You are extremely learned about the bhūmis.
你對各地有極深的認識。
You practice the ten perfections.
你修行十波羅蜜。
Your moral conduct is uncorrupted, untorn.
你的戒行清淨無缺、毫無破損。
Your breast is like a protective lion.
您的胸膛如同保護者的獅子。
Your body is smooth and supple.
你的身體光滑柔軟。
You gaze and depart like a chief.
你的目光如領導者般凝視而去。
Similar to a right-coiling conch,
如同右旋的海螺一般,
Your forehead is like the half-moon.
您的額頭如同半月。
Your forehead is extremely broad
你的額頭極其寬闊
And there is no break between your eyebrows.
而且你的兩眉之間沒有間斷。
Your eyes blaze like precious gems.
你的眼睛閃耀如珍寶。
Your nose is slightly raised.
你的鼻子微微隆起。
Your teeth are pressed down by your lips
你的牙齒被嘴唇緊緊覆蓋著
And your tongue can cover the three thousand worlds.
您的舌頭能覆蓋三千大千世界。
The openings of your ears are very deep,
你的耳朵孔洞很深。
Your throat is like the neck of a vase,
你的喉嚨像花瓶的頸部一樣。
And your shoulders are extremely round.
你的肩膀極其圓潤。
The fingers and joints of your hands are long,
你的手指和指關節都很長。
Your fingernails are smooth and slightly red,
你的指甲光滑而略帶紅潤,
And your hands are webbed.
你的手指之間有蹼。
At the palms of your hands and soles of your feet,
在你的手掌和足底,
You are adorned with wheels.
你被輪飾所莊嚴。
You are beautiful like an autumn lotus. [F.172.b]
你的容貌美麗如同秋蓮。
Your complexion is smooth and your body strong.
你的膚色光滑,身體強健有力。
Your speech is deep like Brahmā’s voice.
你的聲音深沈如梵天的聲音。
You are lovely and delightful,
你美麗動人,令人歡喜,
A joy to see, and your splendor pleasing.
令人喜悅地看著你,你的光彩令人愉悅。
Arisen from a lotus, you are lotus colored.
從蓮花中生起,你具有蓮花的顏色。
You are born from a pure lotus
你從清淨的蓮花中誕生
And seated upon a pure lotus seat.
坐在清淨的蓮花座上。
You hold a beautiful lotus in your hand.
你手中持著美麗的蓮花。
You hold a round anointing vase in your hand.
你手中持著一個圓形的塗油瓶。
You wear the skin of a black deer
你身披黑鹿皮
And you hold a staff and a rosary.
你手中持著杖和念珠。
Due to auspiciousness, you are pure.
由於吉祥,你是清淨的。
You are the first to speak, and you speak sincerely.
你最先發言,並且你發言真誠。
You shower down a rain of nectar.
你灑落甘露之雨。
You are like a precious, wish-fulfilling gem.
你如同珍貴的如意寶珠。
You delight all beings.
你令一切眾生歡喜。
You are like a beautiful tree.
您如同一棵美麗的樹木。
You are the sustenance of all beings.
你是所有眾生的依靠。
You are the emanation of all buddhas.
你是所有佛陀的化現。
You possess the sugatas’ accoutrements.
你具備了善逝的種種裝備。
You bear the relics of the sugatas.
你承載著善逝的舍利。
Each and every bodily hair of yours
你的每一根身體毛髮
Is the sovereign of all beings.
是一切眾生的主宰。
You make merit and carry out virtue.
您成就功德並實踐德行。
You act without delay and with certainty.
你行動迅速而確定。
Your diligence is renowned.
您的精進聞名於世。
You have gone completely beyond saṃsāra.
你已經完全超越了輪迴。
You are empowered as a regent of the True Dharma.
你被授予為正法的攝政者的權力。
You turn with delight the wish-fulfilling wheel.
你歡喜地轉動如意輪。
As Amoghapāśa, you draw out the afflictive emotions.
作為不空索,你引出煩惱。
As noble Hayagrīva, you conquer the four māras.
尊貴的馬頭明王啊,你征服四魔。
As the wrathful Nīlakaṇṭha, you clear away poison.
身為忿怒的青頸,你清除毒害。
You liberate from fear of makaras and crocodiles.
你解救眾生免於摩竭魚和鱷魚的恐懼。
The goddess Tārā follows you.
度母女神跟隨著你。
Bhṛkuṭī carries out your commands.
白度母執行你的命令。
You follow the way of the Victors.
你遵循勝者的道路。
You have great power and good recall.
你具有偉大的力量和良好的記憶力。
You have excellent qualities and loving kindness.
你具有優秀的品質和慈悲心。
You are endowed with wisdom and glory.
你具有智慧和榮光。
You have moral conduct and are purposeful.
你具有戒行,且志向堅定。
You are a knower of all things.
你是一切事物的知者。
You cut off every doubt.
你斷除所有疑惑。
You are a propounder of every dharma.
你是一切法的宣說者。
You are the teacher of the whole world.
你是整個世界的導師。
Your face is like the full moon.
你的面容如同滿月。
Your lower body is adorned with every gem.
你的下身裝飾著每一種寶石。
You are like a golden sacrificial post,
你宛如黃金祭柱,
More radiant than a thousand suns.
比千個太陽更加光輝燦爛。
Brahmā and the others bow before you‍—
梵天等眾皆向你頂禮——
Homage to the world’s protector!” [F.173.a]
敬禮世界的守護者!

1.32Whoever praises noble Avalokiteśvara by means of these one hundred and eight names will utterly purify the karmic obscuration caused by having engaged in the five actions of immediate consequence. They will enter into all maṇḍalas. They will also accomplish all mantras. For a thousand eons, they will not be born in the lower realms. They will not fall into Avīci.

1.32凡是能夠通過這一百零八個名號讚歎高貴的觀音者,將會徹底淨化因為從事五無間業所造成的業障。他們將進入所有的壇城。他們也將成就所有的咒。在一千個劫中,他們將不會投生在三惡道。他們將不會墮入無間地獄。

1.33Whoever rises at dawn and reads this, or has someone read it, or recites it aloud, will be free from all physical illnesses‍—like leprosy, boils, lung diseases, difficulty breathing, and so forth. They will recall all of their previous births. They will be like the children of the gods. Also, at the time of death, they will take rebirth in the realm of Sukhāvatī. Wherever they are born and wherever they reside, they will never be separated from noble Avalokiteśvara. If they recite this continually, they will become intelligent. They will become heroic. They will become sweet voiced. They will become fortunate. They will become skilled in all the sciences. They will become someone who speaks nobly.

1.33無論誰在清晨起身後誦讀此文,或者讓他人誦讀,或者大聲念誦,都將遠離一切身體疾病——如麻風病、癤子、肺病、呼吸困難等等。他們將憶起所有的前世。他們將如同天的子女一般。同時,在臨終時,他們將在極樂世界中投生。無論他們在何處投生,無論他們在何處居住,都將永遠不與觀音分離。如果他們持續誦讀此文,將變得聰慧。將變得英勇。將變得聲音甜美。將變得幸運。將變得熟練於一切學問。將變成說話高尚的人。

1.34If one offers praise with this praise, the result will be no different at all from the result that would come from making offerings to blessed ones equal in number to the grains of sand in sixty-two Ganges River.

1.34如果用這種讚歎來讚歎,其結果與向六十二條恒河中沙粒數量相等的薄伽梵獻供的結果完全沒有不同。

1.35This completes “The Noble Hundred and Eight Names of Avalokiteśvara,” called “The Receptacle of the Precious Relics of all Victors.”

1.35(結尾)