Chapter 18: Enjoying a Meal After Going to Aḍagavatī

第18章:前往阿逸多佛國後享用飲食

18.1Now, Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, was satisfied, overjoyed, pleased, and glad. He felt both delight and cheerfulness of mind at having received the prediction of the fulfillment of his intention. So he said to the Blessed One, “Would you please show compassion for me, Blessed One, and come with these bodhisattvas and great disciples to the capital city of Aḍagavatī in my abode of guhyakas and stay there for seven days? The reason, Blessed One, is that there are many different types of beings, such as yakṣas, kumbhāṇḍas, rākṣasas, piśācas, gandharvas, and mahoragas, dwelling in the capital city of Aḍagavatī. Seeing the Blessed One and hearing the Dharma will be to their benefit, prosperity, bliss, and aims for a long time, and from then on they will abstain from thoughts that are sullied by wickedness and anger. For the Four Great Kings and their assemblies, too, [F.171.a] it will be to their benefit, prosperity, bliss, and aims for a long time.”

18.1那時,金剛手密跡金剛力士感到滿足、歡喜、愉悅和歡樂。他因為得到了實現其願望的授記而心中充滿了喜悅和歡樂。所以他對薄伽梵說:「薄伽梵,願您對我表示悲心,與這些菩薩和偉大的聲聞弟子一起來到我密跡居住的阿逸多佛國首都,並在那裡停留七天可以嗎?薄伽梵,原因是在阿逸多佛國首都裡住著許多不同類型的眾生,例如夜叉、甲香神、羅剎、毗舍遮、乾闥婆和大蛇。看到薄伽梵和聽聞法教,對他們的利益、繁榮、安樂和目標將長久有益,從那時起他們將遠離被邪惡和嗔心污染的念頭。對於四大天王及其眷屬來說,這也將對他們的利益、繁榮、安樂和目標長久有益。」

18.2By remaining silent, the Blessed One gave his consent that he would go to the capital city of Aḍagavatī in the abode of the Lord of the Guhyakas, together with the bodhisattvas and great disciples, and stay there for seven days. He did so out of compassion for Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, and with the aim to cultivate further the roots of virtue of immeasurable beings and to fulfill the wishes of Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas. Knowing that the Blessed One had given his consent by remaining silent, Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, was satisfied, overjoyed, pleased, and glad. He felt both delight and cheerfulness of mind. He bowed his head at the Blessed One’s feet and walked around him seven times, keeping him on the right. He then took leave of the Blessed One, and having left his presence, he went to the capital city of Aḍagavatī in his own abode.

18.2薄伽梵以沉默的方式表示同意,他將與菩薩和聲聞弟子們一起前往密跡金剛力士的住處——阿逸多佛國的首都,並在那裡停留七天。他這樣做是出於對金剛手密跡金剛力士的悲心,目的是要進一步培養無量眾生的善根,並圓滿金剛手密跡金剛力士的願望。金剛手密跡金剛力士知道薄伽梵以沉默表示了同意,他感到滿足、欣喜、歡悅和喜樂。他心中充滿了欣悅和愉快。他在薄伽梵的雙足前恭敬禮拜,並繞行他七圈,始終保持薄伽梵在他的右邊。之後他向薄伽梵告辭,離開他的面前,前往他自己住處中的阿逸多佛國首都。

18.3At that point, it occurred to Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, “I ought to make my courtyard into such an array of adornments that, when I perform the worship of the Realized One, all the gods from the desire and form realms will be awestruck, and the bodhisattvas who gather from the ten directions will feel delighted, and so that the worship I perform for the Realized One will be something grand.”

18.3此時,金剛手密跡金剛力士心想:「我應當布置我的庭院,使其具有如此莊嚴的裝飾,當我禮拜如來時,欲界和色界的所有天神都會感到敬畏,從十方聚集而來的菩薩們都會感到歡喜,這樣我對如來的禮拜才能夠隆重盛大。」

18.4Then it occurred to him, “I remember one time the Blessed One, while he was resting for the night, entered a state of meditative concentration known as the endowment of inconceivable activity. He then went in the eastern direction, going past as many buddha domains as there are grains of sand in the Ganges River, to a world named Anantaguṇaratnavyūha, the buddha domain of the blessed realized one Vyūharāja, in order to make predictions for ten thousand bodhisattvas there. In that buddha domain, [F.171.b] I saw an inconceivable array that surpassed the arrays made by gods and human beings. For the worship of the Blessed One, I should make my courtyard into an array just like the array in Anantaguṇaratnavyūha.”

18.4隨後,他想到:「我記得有一次,薄伽梵在夜間休息時,進入了一種名為『不可思議業加持』的禪定狀態。他隨後往東方去,經過了如恆河沙粒那樣眾多的佛國土,來到一個名為『無量功德寶莊嚴』的世界,那是薄伽梵莊嚴王佛的佛國土,為了給那裡的一萬位菩薩授記。在那個佛國土中,我見到了一個不可思議的莊嚴佈置,其殊勝程度超越了諸天和人類所製作的所有莊嚴佈置。為了侍奉薄伽梵,我應該把我的庭院佈置成就像無量功德寶莊嚴中的莊嚴佈置那樣。」

18.5At that very moment, Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, entered into the state of meditative concentration known as the king of great arrays and just as soon as Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, had entered into the meditative concentration the king of great arrays, at that very moment the courtyard situated the middle of the capital city of Aḍagavatī appeared as an array that was exactly like the array in Anantaguṇaratnavyūha. It was grand and expansive. It spanned sixty-four leagues from east to west, and from north to south it spanned thirty-two leagues. The surface of the floor was made of the bluest lapis lazuli. The surrounding walls were made of sapphire, and the twin enclosures were set with all manner of gems, inlaid with lotuses of gold from the Jambu River. It was decorated with colorful strands, arranged with many heavenly linens, draped with many strands of pearl, and adorned with numerous garlands of silken fillets. It was covered with many garlands of flowers, perfumed by many bowls of burning incense, and many heavenly flowers of different colors and blossoms of jewels were scattered throughout it. It was colorful, beautiful to behold, gratifying to the mind, stimulating to the body, and something that brought excitement to one’s thoughts. It was truly an accumulation of endless virtues, a description in praise of which would have no measure.

18.5就在那個時刻,金剛手密跡金剛力士進入了名為大莊嚴王的禪定之中。金剛手密跡金剛力士一進入大莊嚴王禪定的剎那間,位於阿逸多佛國首都中央的庭院就顯現出與無量功德寶莊嚴佛國完全相同的莊嚴景象。它宏大而寬闊,從東到西跨越六十四由旬,從南到北跨越三十二由旬。地面由最純淨的青寶石鋪成,四周的牆壁由藍寶石構成,雙層圍牆上鑲嵌著各種寶石,還用贍部河的黃金蓮花鑲飾其中。庭院用彩色的絲帶裝飾,布置了許多天界的錦緞,披掛著眾多珍珠花串,還佩戴著無數的絲製花邊花環。到處覆蓋著許多花環,香氣馥鬱的無數香爐燃燒著,各色天界之花和寶石花朵散落各地。景象色彩繽紛,美麗悅目,令人心境愉悅,身心舒暢,引發人們思想的喜悅。這真是無窮美德的積聚,其讚美之詞無法測量。

18.6In the courtyard, many hundreds of thousands of lion’s seats spontaneously appeared. They were studded with jewels, raised upon jeweled daises, arrayed with jeweled lotuses, covered with nets of pearls, divided into squares like a chessboard, arranged upon many heavenly linens, and above them were coverings of nets of jewels. They were arrayed in ways previously unseen and unheard of, [F.172.a] in ways that do not appear in many worlds, but the arrangement was set forth in such a way as to be appreciated by hundreds of different tastes. The hundreds of thousands of lion’s seats were set up so that they were not fixed upon the ground, and in the sky above them each and every lion’s seat was covered by a jeweled parasol endowed with the finest of all qualities.

18.6在庭院中,無數百千獅子座自然而然地出現了。它們鑲嵌著寶石,高高地豎立在寶石台座上,排列著寶石蓮花,用珍珠網覆蓋著,分成如棋盤般的方形,排列在眾多天界的絹布上,它們的上方是寶石網的覆蓋物。它們以前所未見、前所未聞的方式排列著,以許多世界中不會出現的方式排列著,但這種排列方式卻設置得能夠被數百種不同的品味所欣賞。這無數百千獅子座被設置得使它們不固定於地面,在它們上方的虛空中,每一個獅子座都被一把具足最殊妙功德的寶石傘所覆蓋著。

18.7Now, when he had created the array in the courtyard and the array of lion’s seats in that fashion, Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, mindful and alert, arose from that meditative concentration. That night, he laid out an abundant and excellent meal, arrayed with many different flavors, made pure by the motivation of a bodhisattva, and worthy of being offered in worship to the Realized One. At the end of the night, he said to the Four Great Kings, “Friends, know this! I have invited the Blessed One to stay in my abode of the guhyakas along with the bodhisattvas of great courage and the great disciples, and he has accepted out of compassion for me. Therefore, you and your armies and assemblies, worship and serve the Blessed One with enthusiasm for seven days and do not become distracted by any other task.” To the yakṣas, rākṣasas, pretas, piśācas, gandharvas, kumbhāṇḍas, guhyakas, mahoragas, and the other kinds of beings who were residing in the capital city of Aḍagavatī, he said, “Friends, know this! I invited the Blessed One to come to the capital city of Aḍagavatī and he has agreed to come. Therefore, do not be malicious, do not be hostile, but worship the Blessed One with a great deal of joy, faith, and the utmost delight, and listen to the Dharma, too.” [B8]

18.7於是,金剛手密跡金剛力士在庭院中創建了這樣的壇城和獅子座的陣列之後,他保持正念和警醒,從那個禪定中起身。在夜間,他準備了豐盛精美的食物,陳列著許多不同的美味,以菩薩的願心而淨化,值得獻供給如來。夜晚即將結束時,他對四大天王說:「諸友,要知道這一點!我已邀請薄伽梵和具有大勇氣的菩薩們以及偉大的聲聞弟子留在我的密跡住所,他因為對我的悲心而接受了。因此,你們和你們的軍隊及眾會,要以熱情為期七天地供奉和侍奉薄伽梵,不要為任何其他事務所分心。」對於住在阿逸多佛國首都的夜叉、羅剎、餓鬼、毗舍遮、乾闥婆、俱槃荼、密跡、摩睺羅伽以及其他各類眾生,他說:「諸友,要知道這一點!我邀請了薄伽梵來到阿逸多佛國首都,他已同意前來。因此,不要懷有惡意,不要懷有敵意,而要以巨大的喜心、信心和最高的歡喜來供奉薄伽梵,也要聽聞法。」

18.8Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, then spoke to his eldest son, Vajrasena: “Handsome Face, use your superhuman powers and go to the heavenly realms from the Heaven of Brahmā’s Assembly up to the Supreme Heaven and inform the gods of those realms that the Blessed One [F.172.b] has been invited to receive his midday meal in the capital city of Aḍagavatī in the abode of Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, and that whoever among them wishes to see him should come quickly. Do as your father says!” The son of the lord of the guhyakas then did as he was told.

18.8金剛手密跡金剛力士隨後對他的長子金剛軍說:「好面啊,你用神通之力前往梵天眾會天乃至最上天的諸天界,告知那些天界的天神們,薄伽梵已經被邀請到阿逸多佛國的密跡金剛力士的住處接受正午的飲食,願意見他的天神們應該快速前來。你要按照你父親的話去做!」密跡之主的兒子隨即依言而行。

18.9Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, then spoke to his second son, Subāhu: “Use your superhuman powers and go to the heavenly realms from the realms of the earth-dwelling deities and the sky-dwelling deities up to the Heaven of the Four Great Kings, the Heaven of the Thirty-Three, the Yāma Heaven, the Heaven of the Contented, the Heaven of Those Whose Delight Comes from Magical Creations, and the Heaven of Those Who Possess the Power to Transform Others’ Delight into Their Own, and inform the gods of those realms that the Blessed One has been invited to receive his midday meal in the capital city of Aḍagavatī in the abode of Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, and that whoever among them wishes to see him should come quickly. Do as your father says!” The young Subāhu then did as he was told.

18.9金剛手密跡金剛力士對他的次子蘇跋呼說:「你使用神通,從地居天和空居天的諸天領域,經由四大王天、忉利天、夜摩天、兜率天、樂變化天,以及他化自在天,一直向上去,告知那些諸天的諸天之人,薄伽梵已被邀請到阿逸多佛國的密跡金剛力士的住所享用午餐,凡願見他的,都應迅速前來。你要照父親的話去做!」年輕的蘇跋呼隨後就照著他的指示去做了。

18.10Then, in an instant, in a fraction of an instant, many hundreds of thousands of gods from the desire and form realms appeared there and pervaded the surrounding area for ten thousand leagues. Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, then arranged the offerings for the Blessed One, and in the morning he knelt down on his right knee, and, bowing down to the Blessed One with his palms joined together in a gesture of salutation, he informed the Blessed One that the midday meal was ready by reciting the following verses:

18.10隨後,在一瞬間,在極短的時刻內,許多數百萬來自欲界和色界的天神出現在那裡,遍滿了方圓一萬里的周圍區域。金剛手密跡金剛力士隨即為薄伽梵安排了供養。清晨時,他單膝跪地,向薄伽梵頂禮,雙手合十恭敬地向他表禮,通過誦唱以下偈頌來稟告薄伽梵午餐已備好:

“Great sage, the time has come.
「大聖者,時刻已到。
Best of men, please come!
最上的人,請來臨吧!
True man, please come!
真人,請來!
Most noble man, please come!
最尊貴的人,請來!
“Great sage, the midday meal is ready.
大聖,午時的飯食已經準備好了。
Best of bipeds, please come!
最優秀的人類啊,請來吧!
True biped, please come!
真實的兩足者,請來!
Most noble biped, please come!
最尊貴的二足眾生,請來吧!
“Like a lotus born in the pond of moral conduct,
「如同生長在戒律之池中的蓮花,」
You flourished in the water of heroic effort,
你在精進的水中綻放,
And now students buzz around you like bees.
如今學生們像蜜蜂一樣在你身邊嗡嗡飛舞。
Lotus-like sage, please come!
蓮花般的智者,請來吧!
“You dwell among the truths of the noble ones,
「你住於聖者的諦理之中,」
You have the eyes of love and compassion,
你具有慈心和悲心的眼。
And you utter the roar of no self.
你發出無我的獅吼。
Victorious lion, please come!
勝利的獅子,請來臨!
“The core of your conduct has mindfulness as its roots.
「你的行為核心以念為其根基。」
Your flowering branches are the limbs of awakening.
你開花的枝條是覺悟的肢體。
Your fruits of liberation are your attainments. [F.173.a]
你的解脫之果是你的成就。
Victorious tree, please come!
勝利之樹,請來臨吧!
“Your depths have the vastness of wisdom.
你的深處具有智慧的遼闊。
Your waters have the coolness of concentration.
你的水具有定的清涼。
Sea traders speak of you as one immersed in yoga.
海商談論你是沉浸於瑜伽的人。
Ocean of virtues, please come!
德海啊,請降臨吧!
“Glorious sphere of compassion,
「光明的悲心之球,
Radiating light rays of wisdom,
放射出智慧的光明,
Making students bloom like flowers,
使學生如花綻放,
You are the sun, sage‍—please come!
你是太陽,聖人——請降臨吧!
“You are unmoved by proponents of other doctrines.
「你不為其他教說的倡導者所動搖。」
You bear the medicines of freedom and the like.
你承載著解脫的藥物等等。
Students and those beyond schooling are said to be deer.
學生和已畢業者被稱為鹿。
You are a mountain, sage‍—please come!”
你是一座山,智者——請來啊!

18.19Knowing that Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, had set out the midday meal, the Blessed One then spoke to the monks: “Since the Lord of the Guhyakas has set out the midday meal, monks, you should wear your monastic robes and take your alms bowls. Appoint a caretaker of the monastery and empower him with authority for seven days.” Those disciples and bodhisattvas who had superhuman powers then rose into the air by the power of their own superhuman powers, while those who did not have superhuman powers stood within the sphere of the Realized One’s aura of light and traveled through the vault of the sky with the Blessed One. Then, surrounded by a host of bodhisattvas and at the head of a host of disciples, the Blessed One vanished from the hill, Vulture Peak, while a host of gods lauded him and a host of goddesses sung his praise, all of them radiating light, showering a rain of flowers, and playing millions upon billions of musical instruments as they made domains tremble.

18.19金剛手密跡金剛力士既然已經備好午餐,薄伽梵就向比丘們說:「既然密跡金剛力士已經備好午餐,比丘們,你們要穿上僧衣,拿起缽盂。指派一位寺院的照護者,並授予他七天的權責。」那些具有神通的聲聞和菩薩就憑著自己的神通力騰空而起,而那些沒有神通的人則站在如來的光明光環之中,與薄伽梵一起在空中飛行。於是,薄伽梵被菩薩大眾所圍繞,帶領著聲聞大眾,從靈鷲山消失了。此時,眾神讚歎他,眾女神歌頌他的功德,他們都放射光明,降下如雨的花朵,演奏著千百億種樂器,使得大地為之震動。

18.20By means of the great majestic power of the Buddha, the great superhuman power of the Buddha, the great transformative power of the Buddha, the great miraculous display of the Buddha, the great glory of the Buddha, the great vital energy of the Buddha, the great demeanor of the Buddha, and the great child’s play of the Buddha, [F.173.b] they flew freely through the vault of the sky like the king of swans, toward the capital city of Aḍagavatī. The gods of the realms of desire and form saw the Blessed One coming from afar. As he flew freely through the vault of the sky, he looked like the sphere of the rising sun. He looked as if he were the full moon being encircled by a constellation of stars. He was surrounded by a host of gods as if he were Śakra, King of the Gods. He was surrounded by brahmās as if he were Great Brahmā.

18.20藉由佛陀偉大的威德力、佛陀偉大的神通、佛陀偉大的變化力、佛陀偉大的神變、佛陀偉大的榮光、佛陀偉大的精進、佛陀偉大的威儀,以及佛陀偉大的遊戲,他們如同天鵝王般自在地飛行於虛空之中,朝向阿逸多佛國的首都前進。欲界和色界的諸天見到薄伽梵從遠處到來。當他在虛空中自在飛行時,看起來就像初升的太陽球體。他看起來如同被眾星環繞的圓滿月亮。他被眾多諸天圍繞著,就如同帝釋天,天帝一般。他被梵天圍繞著,就如同大梵天一般。

18.21Those gods who saw him coming were satisfied, overjoyed, pleased, and glad. They felt both delight and cheerfulness of mind, and then as an act of worship of the Blessed One, they strewed the Blessed One with heavenly blossoms of blue lotus, white water lily, red lotus, white lotus, māndārava, great māndārava, flowers of the divine Pārijāta tree, red spider lily, great red spider lily, sthāla, great sthāla, rocaka, and great rocaka‍—flowers the size of great wheels, flowers with intoxicating fragrance, flowers with hundreds and thousands of petals, flowers colored like the red breast of a goose, star flowers that shone with the radiance of a star, flowers whose every part had an everlasting fragrance, and flowers that were ever blooming and pleasing to the eye. These and other flowers were strewn upon the Blessed One while the gods held aloft parasols, flags, and banners, and played hundreds of thousands of musical instruments.

18.21那些看到他來臨的天神們都感到滿足、極其歡喜、喜樂和愉快。他們心中充滿了喜悅和清淨的喜心,然後作為對薄伽梵的敬禮,他們用天界的青蓮花、白水蓮花、紅蓮花、白蓮花、曼陀羅花、大曼陀羅花、神聖波利質多羅樹的花朵、紅蜘蛛百合、大紅蜘蛛百合、舒迦羅花、大舒迦羅花、羅迦花和大羅迦花撒向薄伽梵——這些花朵大如巨輪,芳香馥郁令人陶醉,擁有數百數千片花瓣,花色宛如鵝的紅色胸部,閃耀著星辰光輝的星花,每一部分都散發著永恆芳香的花朵,以及永遠盛開且悅人眼目的花朵。這些以及其他的花朵撒向薄伽梵,而天神們舉著傘蓋、旗幟和幡幢,演奏著數百數千種樂器。

18.22With an array such as this one, with showers of flowers raining down, with a heavy downpour of powders, scented oils, garlands, and fragrances, and with cymbals and other musical instruments being played and songs being sung by hundreds of divine maidens, the Blessed One reached the capital city of Aḍagavatī in an instant‍—in a fraction of an instant. He alighted at the assembly hall of the Great King Vaiśravaṇa, together with the bodhisattvas and great disciples, and just as soon as the Blessed One was standing firmly on the surface of the earth, at that precise moment in time the great earth shook, gently [F.174.a] and slightly, so that no one was harmed by it.

18.22就這樣的盛況中,花雨紛紛飄落,粉末、香油、花環和香氣如傾盆大雨般灑下,數百位天女奏著鈸樂等樂器、唱著歌聲,薄伽梵在瞬間—眨眼間就到達了阿逸多佛國的都城。他和菩薩及聲聞弟子們一起,在毘沙門天大王的集會堂降落。就在薄伽梵站穩在大地表面的那一刻,大地溫和而輕微地震動,卻沒有人因此受到傷害。

18.23When the Four Great Kings knew that the Blessed One had arrived at the capital city of Aḍagavatī, they hastened to his side with the utmost speed, together with the women from their inner chambers, their relatives, and their assemblies, carrying powders, scented oils, garlands, fragrances, incense, and flowers. When they arrived, first the Four Great Kings bowed their heads at the feet of the Blessed One, and worshiped him with the scented oils, garlands, incense, and flowers that they had brought, and they stood to one side with their arms outstretched, palms together in a gesture of salutation. Then, the women from the Four Great Kings’ inner chambers, their assembled armies, and everyone else who had gathered there all bowed their heads at the feet of the Blessed One, and stretched out their arms, palms together in a gesture of salutation.

18.23當四大天王得知薄伽梵已經抵達阿逸多佛國首都時,他們與內眷、親族和眾會一起,以最迅速的速度來到他的身邊,攜帶著香粉、香油、花環、香料、香和花朵。他們到達後,四大天王首先在薄伽梵的腳下禮拜,用他們帶來的香油、花環、香和花朵來供養他,然後站到一邊,伸出雙臂,雙掌合十作禮敬的手勢。接著,四大天王內眷的女性、他們聚集的軍隊以及所有在場聚集的人都在薄伽梵的腳下禮拜,並伸出雙臂,雙掌合十作禮敬的手勢。

18.24The Blessed One then gave a talk on the Dharma that was oriented toward those who had gathered there, beginning with the Four Great Kings, which led twelve thousand living creatures among the assemblies of nāgas, yakṣas, rākṣasas, gandharvas, and kumbhāṇḍas gathered there to conceive the aspiration for awakening, and at the same time ten thousand maidens from the Four Great Kings’ inner chambers also conceived the aspiration for unsurpassable and perfect awakening.

18.24薄伽梵於是為聚集在那裡的眾生說法,首先從四大天王開始,這次說法使得聚集在那裡的龍、夜叉、羅剎、乾闥婆和俱槃荼等眾會中的一萬二千個眾生發起了菩提心,同時四大天王內眷中的一萬個天女也發起了無上正等覺的菩提心。

18.25At that point, Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, along with the women from his inner chambers, surrounded by his relatives and their assemblies, and with the entire population of Anantaguṇaratnavyūha in his train, came to the assembly hall of the Great King Vaiśravaṇa, bearing all manner of flowers, fragrances, garlands, scented oils, incense, powders, linens, parasols, flags, and banners, and making music by singing and playing cymbals and other musical instruments. He approached the Blessed One, bowed his head at the Blessed One’s feet, walked around him seven times, keeping him on the right, [F.174.b] and worshiped the Blessed One with the flowers, incense, fragrances, garlands, scented oils, powders, linens, parasols, flags, and banners of various kinds that had been brought, and with music being made by singing and playing musical instruments. Then he paid homage to the Blessed One and brought him into his courtyard, along with the monastic community.

18.25金剛手密跡金剛力士與其內宮的妃妾、眷屬及其眾會,並以無量功德寶莊嚴的全體人口為隨從,來到毘沙門大王的眾會堂,帶著各種花朵、香氣、花環、香油、香、粉末、布料、傘蓋、旗幟和幡旗,並通過唱歌、敲鐘和其他樂器的演奏製造音樂。他走近薄伽梵,在薄伽梵足前禮拜,繞行薄伽梵七次,保持右邊作禮敬,以帶來的各種花朵、香、香氣、花環、香油、粉末、布料、傘蓋、旗幟和幡旗,以及唱歌和演奏樂器所製造的音樂來供養薄伽梵,然後向薄伽梵致敬,並與僧眾一起邀請薄伽梵進入他的庭院。

18.26The Blessed One then sat down upon his own lion’s seat that had been prepared for him in the courtyard, which was hovering above the ground’s surface and was endowed with the finest of all qualities, while the bodhisattvas and the great disciples took their own seats, and so did the whole assembly.

18.26薄伽梵隨後坐在為他在庭院中準備的獅子座上,那座位懸浮在地面上方,具備了一切最殊勝的功德,而菩薩和大聲聞也都各自就座,整個眾會也都坐了下來。

18.27Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, then said this to the assembly of gods: “Come and assist the worship of the Realized One. For, as the Realized One has said,

18.27金剛手密跡金剛力士於是對諸天眾會說道:「來吧,一起協助禮敬如來。因為如來曾說:

“ ‘Those who give their approval in such a case,
「那些在這樣的情況下表示贊同的人,
And do the business with which they have been tasked,
並完成他們被賦予的任務,
Their reward will not be the lesser for it.
他們的福德報償因此不會減少。
They, too, will receive their share of merit.’
他們也將獲得他們的福德份額。』

18.29“Therefore, friends, may you provide the accompanying approval and receive the merit that is the effect of such activity.”

18.29"因此,朋友們,願你們提供附帶的讚同,並獲得這樣活動所帶來的福德。"

18.30Indeed, when the gods beheld the array in the courtyard and the array of lion’s seats, they were astounded, and thus inspired they uttered this inspired utterance: “Whose majestic power is this? Is it the Realized One’s, or is it that of the Lord of the Guhyakas?”

18.30確實,當諸天看到院子裡的莊嚴陳設和獅子座的陣列時,他們感到驚異,因此受到啟發而說出了這樣的優陀那:「這是誰的威德力?是如來的威德力,還是密跡金剛力士的威德力?」

18.31Then, a voice was heard from the sky, which said, “It is the empowering authority of the Lord of the Guhyakas. In the eastern direction from here, friends, beyond buddha domains equal to the number of grains of sand in the Ganges River, there is a world called Anantaguṇaratnavyūha, where the realized one Vyūharāja teaches the Dharma. With the Lord of the Guhyaka’s empowering authority, he has transformed the courtyard here [F.175.a] into an array with an appearance similar to the array that the Lord of the Guhyakas saw there.”

18.31然後,從虛空中傳來一個聲音說:「這是密跡金剛力士的加持力。朋友們,從這裡向東方,超越數量如同恆河沙粒的佛國土,有一個世界叫做無量功德寶莊嚴,那裡有如來莊嚴王佛在宣講法。藉著密跡金剛力士的加持力,他把這裡的庭院轉變成了一個陣列,其樣貌與密跡金剛力士在那裡所看到的陣列相似。」

18.32As soon as the Blessed One sat upon the lion seat, at that very moment, the yakṣas, rākṣasas, pretas, piśācas, gandharvas, guhyakas, and mahoragas that were dwelling in the capital city of Aḍagavatī drew near to the Blessed One. Once they had drawn near, they bowed their heads at the feet of the Blessed One, and then stood to the side, while raising their arms, palms together, in a gesture of salutation to the Blessed One.

18.32薄伽梵一旦坐上獅子座,就在那一刻,住在阿逸多佛國首都裡的夜叉、羅剎、餓鬼、毗舍遮、乾闥婆、隱士和大蛇都來到薄伽梵跟前。他們靠近之後,頭頂禮敬薄伽梵的雙足,然後退身一旁,舉起雙臂,雙掌合十,向薄伽梵敬禮。

18.33Now, Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, invited the Four Great Kings and the whole assembly, saying, “Come, all of you who have gathered here, join together while we present the Blessed One with the meal that has been set out accordingly.”

18.33此時,金剛手密跡金剛力士邀請四大天王及整個眾會,說道:「來吧,各位聚集在這裡的眾生,一起來為薄伽梵獻上已經準備好的供養。」

18.34Then, along with the women from his inner chambers, his relatives, his sons, his soldiers, and his attendants, Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, with his own hands and with the deepest respect, served the Realized One, the bodhisattvas, and the community of monks with an abundant and excellent meal of hard and soft foods, arrayed with many different flavors, a meal that was made pure by the motivation of a bodhisattva and worthy of being offered in worship to the Realized One, which satiated and entertained them. After he had entertained and satiated the Blessed One, and he knew that the Blessed One had washed his hands and put away his alms bowl, he sat down in front of the Blessed One to listen to the Dharma. When all the yakṣas and rākṣasas who were living in the capital city of Aḍagavatī had gathered there, too, they stood looking up at the face of the Blessed One with their arms outstretched, palms together in a gesture of salutation.

18.34之後,金剛手密跡金剛力士與他內宮的女眷、親屬、兒子、士兵和侍從一起,用自己的雙手以最深的恭敬心,為如來、菩薩和比丘僧團供養了豐富而美味的飲食,包括硬食和軟食,配以多種不同的口味。這些飲食由菩薩的願心所淨化,是值得向如來敬禮供養的,使得他們身心滿足而喜悅。在侍奉完薄伽梵並且看到薄伽梵洗手、收起缽後,他坐在薄伽梵面前恭敬地聽聞法教。當所有住在阿逸多佛國城中的夜叉和羅剎都聚集在那裡時,他們都昂首向上看著薄伽梵的面容,雙手伸直,掌心相合做出恭敬的禮敬姿態。

18.35This was the eighteenth chapter, “Enjoying a Meal After Going to Aḍagavatī.”

18.35(結尾)