The Translation

[F.255.a]

O Devī, you wander in this world, naked, riding a donkey;
天女啊,你在這個世界裡遊蕩,赤身裸體,騎著一隻驢子;
Anointed with sesame oil, your hair a single plait, and with lead earrings, you are seductive and fully adorned,
塗抹著芝麻油,頭髮梳成一條辮子,戴著鉛製耳環,你魅力十足,裝飾得完整無缺。
While iron shackles grace your feet as anklets.
鐵鐐為你的腳穿上了腳鐲。
We know your nature is beautiful, and yet who can know the matter of your great ocean of activity for others? |1|
我們知道你的本性是美麗的,但誰能知道你為他人而行的浩大活動之海的深意呢?
In saṃsāra, at the time of destruction, when from human bodies blood and fat ooze forth, and smoke rises,
在輪迴中,毀滅的時刻,當人類身體裡的血液和脂肪滲出,煙霧升起時,
O Devī, in a single instant you will toss all beings into your terrifying, fanged mouth.
天女啊,在一瞬間,你將所有眾生拋入你那恐怖的、獠牙鑲嵌的口中。
O Kālī, you who hold a human skull, as the domain of yogic practice you take delight in cremation grounds,
迦梨啊,妳手持人類的頭骨,以火葬場作為瑜伽修行的領地,妳在那裡取得歡喜,
And the terrifying ringing of your bell subdues the wicked ones and dispels and quells all ills and mortal perils. |2|
你那可怕的鈴鐺之聲制服了邪惡者,驅散並消除了一切疾病和死亡危險。|2|
Adorned with a crown of warriors’ heads, you bear a garland of heads severed on the battlefield.
您頭戴戰士頭顱的冠冕,胸前佩戴著戰場上斬下的頭顱花環。
You dance with your supple arms opened wide, wearing a nāga lord as a belt across your broad hips.
你舞動著柔軟的雙臂向兩側張開,腰間繫著一條龍王作為腰帶。
Intoxicated by the liquor of blood, in your hands you brandish a spear and sword.
你被血酒陶醉,手中舞動著長矛和劍。
Your eyes bloodshot, you are seen by the host of bhūtas who wander cremation grounds at night. |3|
你的眼睛充血,被在夜晚遊蕩於火葬場的鬼神們所看見。|3|
You wear a great torn hide and a half-open shawl, bound with a belt of braided straw.
你穿著一件大的破舊獸皮和半開的披肩,用編織的草繩繫著腰帶。
With your moon-like face adorned with strings of fresh human entrails, you ring a bell at your cheek.
以月亮般的面容作為裝飾,繫著新鮮的人類內臟串,你在臉頰邊搖響一口鐘。
Your body freshly oiled and painted in patches with drops of blood, fat, and the like, [F.255.b]
你的身體新近涂油,用血滴、脂肪等在各處涂繪成斑駁狀,
You tear at human flesh with your glistening teeth. O Kāpālikā, protect me! |4|
你用閃閃發亮的牙齒撕裂人類的肉體。哦迦髑髏派,保護我!|4|
Fiercest among fierce ladies, terrifying, with human flesh in your mouth, the first time they saw you
最凶猛的母神啊,你令人恐懼,口中含著人的血肉,那是他們第一次看到你的時刻
Even the mātṛkās were frightened and terrified as you flew into a rage, your bloodshot eyes flickering about‍—I bow to you!
連眾母神都因你發怒而驚恐害怕,你那充血的眼睛閃爍四顧——我向你頂禮!
Beautiful Kālī, your black body is so overwhelming that even Śakra and the rest are compelled
美麗的迦梨,你黑色的身體力量如此強大,連帝釋天和其他眾神都被迫臣服於你。
To praise you daily, and even I, Yama, will always bow trembling before you. |5|
每日讚頌你,連我閻魔也會始終在你面前顫抖地禮拜。|5|
You who bring an end to humans and all living beings,
你這位終結人類和一切有情眾生的存在者,
On one side, by your ear, is an uraga, whose thousand-headed hood is spread and adorns you.
在你的一邊耳朵旁,有一條龍蛇,牠那千頭的蛇冠展開著,裝飾著你。
At the other ear you keep a supreme lion, as you trample the entire ocean-encircled earth.
在另一隻耳邊,你守著一隻至高無上的獅子,當你踐踏整個被大洋環繞的大地之時。
The sun that crosses the sky, brilliant with a thousand rays, rests directly at your navel. |6|
跨越天空的太陽,以千道光芒燦爛照耀,直接安住在你的臍部。|6|
You are the fire that blazes forth from the expanse of the ocean,
你是從大海廣袤無邊之中熊熊燃燒的火焰,
Able to dry up the whole of the sea.
能夠將整個大海乾涸。
Because all women are pacified,
因為所有女性都得到了平撫,
You are present as half of Mahādeva’s body. |7|
你是大天神身體的一半。
Durgā, Umā, Mahākālī,
杜爾迦女神、烏摩女神、大黑天女,
To whom gods and asuras pay homage‍—
諸天與阿修羅都向其禮敬—
You who know all plagues,
妳知曉一切疾病,
Render them harmless!
化解它們的危害!
Yama’s Sister, Wife of the Demon,
閻魔的妹妹,魔王的妻子,
Sovereign Goddess of the Desire Realm‍—I praise you! |8|
欲界的主宰天女——我讚歎妳!|8|

1.9This concludes “Eight Verses Praising Śrīdevī Mahākālī, the Lady Who Rules All Disease,” composed by the brahmin Vararuci.

1.9(結尾)