Chapter 16: The Prediction for Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas

第十六章:金剛手密跡金剛力士的授記

16.1At that point, some the bodhisattvas in the assembly had the thought, “When will Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, awaken to unsurpassable and perfect awakening and become a perfect buddha? What will his buddha realm be called? What will be his name when he attains awakening? [F.166.a] What will his assembly of bodhisattvas be like?”

16.1此時,眾會中的一些菩薩生起了這樣的念頭:「金剛手密跡金剛力士何時才能覺悟無上正等覺,成為圓滿的佛陀?他的佛國將被稱為什麼?當他證得覺悟時,他的名號將是什麼?他的菩薩眾會將是什麼樣子?」

16.2Then, knowing with his mind the train of thought in the minds of those bodhisattvas at that moment, the Blessed One smiled. When blessed buddhas smile, it is the nature of things that multicolored rays of light issue from the blessed one’s mouth. So, at that moment variegated, multicolored rays of blue, yellow, red, white, rose madder, brilliant, and shiny light issued forth and spread throughout limitless worlds, reaching upward as far as the Brahmā worlds, before they came back down and, after circling the Blessed One three times, they disappeared into the top of his head.

16.2薄伽梵用心知道那些菩薩此刻心中的思想,於是微笑。當諸佛微笑時,根據事物的本性,從薄伽梵的口中會發出各種顏色的光明。所以在那一刻,各種青色、黃色、紅色、白色、深紅色、光亮耀眼的光明從口中發出,遍照無量的世界,向上直達梵世,然後又返回下來,在薄伽梵周圍繞行三圈後,消失在他的頭頂。

16.3The bodhisattva of great courage, Śāntamati, then asked the Blessed One about the meaning of his smile by speaking the following verses:

16.3具有大勇氣的菩薩寂慧菩薩,隨後向薄伽梵提出問題,以下列詩句詢問他微笑的含義:

“Resting in equipoise, like the face of the moon,
「安住於等持中,如同月輪之面,」
Your beautiful light, like the purest gold,
您圓滿的光明,如最純淨的黃金,
Dispels the darkness like the sun‍—
驅散黑暗如同太陽——
For what reason, Best of Men, do you show your smile?
最尊貴的人啊,你為了什麼緣故而展露微笑?
“You have entered with conviction the pool of calm abiding,
「你以信心進入了止的池塘,
Wherein the water of compassion arises by the force of endeavor,
其中悲心之水因精進之力而生起,
And possesses the sweet fragrance of the blossom of mindfulness‍—
並具有念花綻放的芬芳香氣——
For what reason, Sublime Lotus, do you show your smile?
尊貴的蓮花啊,你為什麼露出微笑?
“Your wisdom is a butter lamp that dispels the darkness.
「你的智慧如同酥油燈,驅散黑暗。
Mindfulness is its fine holder; calm abiding is the ghee;
念是其精妙的燈台;止是其酥油;
Its wick is compassion by which it removes the three stains‍—
其燭芯為悲心,由之而除去三垢——
For what reason, Sublime Lamp, do you show your smile?
尊貴的燈啊,你為什麼展現微笑?
“With compassion for the world, the light of your deep insight
以悲心對世界,你的觀的光明
Removes defects from our eyes and extinguishes our craving.
除去我們眼中的缺陷,熄滅我們的愛。
You cleanse our world and you refine our eyes‍—
你淨化我們的世界,你淨化我們的眼睛——
For what reason, Sublime Sun, do you show your smile?
尊貴的日輪啊,你為何展露笑容?
“You know the motivations of those in the world,
「你了知世間眾生的願心,
Together with its gods, which you illuminate.
連同你所照亮的眾會與諸天。
The assembly is looking at you to say
眾會都在看著你,等待你說話。
Why you have displayed your smile.”
您為什麼展露微笑。

16.9When this was said, the Blessed One spoke [F.166.b] to the bodhisattva of great courage, Śāntamati: “While holding up this vajra, Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, will worship all the realized ones of this Fortunate Eon, Śāntamati. He will take hold of the true Dharma, he will propagate this teaching of the Dharma on the secret of the realized ones, and he will make immeasurable beings ready for awakening.

16.9當這樣說時,薄伽梵對大勇菩薩寂慧菩薩說:「寂慧,持著這個金剛,金剛手密跡金剛力士將會禮拜這個賢劫中所有的如來。他將掌握正法,他將傳播這個關於如來秘密的法教,他將使無量的眾生為覺悟做好準備。」

16.10“When the Fortunate Eon has ended and the true Dharma of the realized one, Roca, has disappeared, he will be born in the buddha domain of the realized one Akṣobhya. Taking birth in that Abhiratī world along with the realized one Akṣobhya, he will then maintain the teaching of the bodhisattvas on the one hundred and eight seals, go farther down the path to the goal, and become accomplished in understanding the way things are. In that way, he will encounter immeasurable, incalculable realized ones in the future. He will serve them, respect them, honor them, worship them, and he will lead the holy life in their presence. He will safeguard the true Dharma and make immeasurable hundreds of thousands of millions and billions of beings ready for perfect awakening.

16.10「當賢劫已經結束,如來樓至的正法消失後,他將在如來不動佛的佛國土中誕生。在妙喜世界中與如來不動佛一起誕生,他將維持菩薩關於一百零八印的教法,進一步沿著通往目標的道路前進,並在理解諸法實性方面變得圓滿。以這種方式,他將在未來遇見無量無計的如來。他將侍奉他們、尊敬他們、崇敬他們、禮拜他們,並將在他們的面前過梵行的生活。他將守護正法,並使無量數百萬億的眾生準備好獲得無上正覺。」

16.11“Finally, after traveling through more eons than there are grains of sand in the Ganges River, he will bring to completion the constitutive factors of awakening and awaken to unsurpassable, perfect, and complete awakening. He will appear as a realized one, a worthy one, a perfectly awakened one, one perfected in knowledge and conduct, a sublime one, a knower of the world, an unsurpassable trainer of those ready to be trained, a teacher of gods and humans, a blessed buddha known as Vajravikrāmin in the world called Samantapariśuddhā, [F.167.a] and this will occur during the era called Viśodhana.

16.11「最後,在經歷了恆河沙數般多的劫之後,他將圓滿覺支,證得無上正等覺。他將成為如來、應供者、正遍知、明行足、妙人、世間解、無上調禦丈夫、天人師、薄伽梵,在名為清淨遍滿的佛國土中現身為金剛行走佛,這將發生在名為清淨時代的劫中。」

16.12“Moreover, noble son, Samantapariśuddhā, which will be the buddha domain of the blessed realized one Vajravikrāmin, will be wealthy, expansive, bountiful, pleasant, well populated with many gods and human beings, and packed with bodhisattvas. This buddha domain will be adorned with the seven precious substances: gold, silver, lapis lazuli, quartz, agate, emerald, and red pearl. The world will be separated into square plots like a chessboard. It will be as flat as the palm of one’s hand and pleasant to touch like the down of the kācalindika bird. It will be adorned with raised flags, victory banners, and parasols fringed with bunches of silken tassels. It will be covered with divine blossoms and jeweled flowers. The air will be filled with the smell of the finest incense, and the sky above it will resound with divine music. This world will be devoid of all the bad realms of rebirth and the unfavorable circumstances for practicing the Dharma. This world will be adorned with dwellings, floating palaces, and parks as though they were ornaments, and there will be food and drink to the heart’s content, just like the enjoyments of the gods in the Heaven of the Contented.

16.12「而且,善男子,那個名叫遍淨的佛國土將會是薄伽梵如來金剛遊行者的佛國土。那個國土富裕、廣闊、豐饒、怡樂,有許多天神和人類居住,菩薩眾多。這個佛國土由七種珍寶裝飾:黃金、白銀、青琉璃、水晶、瑪瑙、翠玉和赤珠。這個世界被劃分成如同棋盤般的方形地塊。它像手掌一樣平坦,觸感像鶻雉鳥的羽毛一樣柔軟舒適。它用高聳的旗幟、勝利幡和繫著絲絛穗流蘇的傘蓋裝飾著。它被天花和寶石之花覆蓋。空氣中充滿了最上等香料的香氣,天空中迴響著天樂之音。這個世界沒有所有的惡道輪迴和不利於修行法的逆境。這個世界以住所、浮宮和園林作為裝飾,好像寶飾一樣,還有食物和飲料應有盡有,就像兜率天的天神所享受的快樂一樣。」

16.13“Even though the enjoyments there in the pavilions with their high peaks will be earthly and divine enjoyments, all the gods and human beings there will have their interest piqued by what is lofty; that is, they will take a keen interest in the knowledge of the buddhas. In that world, the names of the two other vehicles‍—that is, the Vehicle of the Disciples and the Vehicle of the Solitary Buddhas‍—will not even exist. There, the realized one Vajravikrāmin will be surrounded by an assembly of many hundreds of thousands of bodhisattvas, and that blessed one will give the bodhisattvas teachings that are completely unadulterated.

16.13「即便那裡的高峯亭閣中有世間和天界的享樂,但所有的諸天和人類都會被崇高的事物所吸引;也就是說,他們會對佛陀的知識產生濃厚的興趣。在那個世界裡,另外兩種修行道路——即聲聞乘和辟支佛乘——的名稱甚至都不會存在。在那裡,如來金剛遊步佛將被許許多多成千上萬的菩薩眾會所圍繞,那位薄伽梵將為菩薩們傳授完全純淨無雜的教法。」

16.14“Furthermore, the beings in that world will not see their customs degenerate, their livelihoods will not become corrupted, their moral conduct will not decline, and neither will their views degenerate. [F.167.b] The beings there will not be blind, crippled, hunchbacked, tongue-tied, mute, or lame, and neither will they have any impaired faculties. All the gods and humans will be adorned with twenty-eight of the marks of a great person. There, the length of that realized one’s life will span eight intermediate eons. The gods and humans will not die before their time is ripe. Indeed, Śāntamati, these are just some of the immeasurable number of special conditions and qualities of the realized one Vajravikrāmin; there are many others, too.

16.14「而且,那個世界中的眾生不會看到他們的風俗衰退,他們的生計不會被破壞,他們的戒律不會衰落,他們的見解也不會衰退。那裡的眾生不會盲目、跛足、駝背、舌頭不靈、啞巴或瘸腿,他們也不會有任何根門殘缺。所有的天人和人類都將具備二十八種大人相的莊嚴。那位如來的壽命將跨越八個中劫。天人和人類不會在時機未成熟時死亡。確實,寂慧菩薩,這只是金剛行走如來無量數的特殊條件和品質中的一些;還有許多其他的。」

16.15“Additionally, when that realized one teaches the Dharma, he will give off light from his body. Now, when those beings see this light, they will think, ‘The Realized One is starting to give a teaching of the Dharma, so we should go to the Blessed One to listen to the Dharma.’ Some will arrive through the power of their own superhuman abilities and supernormal faculties. Some will arrive by means of the empowering authority of that realized one, who will then rise into the sky above the gods and human beings who have gathered there to a height of one hundred thousand palm trees. While hovering there in a cross-legged position, he will pervade that world of four great continents with his body. He will then teach the Dharma to those bodhisattvas using the speech a realized one, which satisfies all beings according to their own thoughts and motivations, and with the voice and tone of a buddha, which can be understood throughout an immeasurable number of worlds in the ten directions. Moreover, not even a single being among them will go against or offer resistance to the Dharma taught by that realized one. Each and every one of those beings will have sharp faculties and the ability to understand highly condensed statements. In that world, there will be no king other than the true king of the Dharma, the realized one Vajravikrāmin. In that world, there will not be any possession [F.168.a] or sense of ownership, either. All those beings will be without possessions or a sense of ownership.

16.15「此外,當那位如來說法時,他的身體會放出光明。當那些眾生看到這光明時,他們會想:『如來要開始給予法的教導了,所以我們應該去薄伽梵那裡聽聞法。』有些眾生會通過自己的神通力量而到達。有些眾生會通過那位如來的加持力而到達,然後那位如來會升起到聚集在那裡的諸神和人類上方的虛空中,高度達到十萬棕櫚樹的高度。當他以跏趺坐的姿勢懸浮在那裡時,他的身體會遍滿四大洲的世界。他將用如來的語言教導那些菩薩們法,這種語言能根據所有眾生各自的思想和願心而令他們滿足,並用諸佛的聲音和語調說話,這種聲音在十方無量無邊的世界中都能被理解。此外,在他們當中甚至沒有任何一個眾生會違逆或抵抗那位如來所教導的法。那些眾生每一個都會具有銳利的根機和理解高度凝聚的教言的能力。在那個世界中,除了法的真正之王、如來金剛威光之外,不會有其他的君王。在那個世界中,也不會有任何所有物或所有權的觀念。所有那些眾生都將沒有所有物或所有權的觀念。」

16.16“Moreover, Śāntamati, the form of the realized one Vajravikrāmin will appear in front of any gods or human-like beings who wish to make an offering of alms, and he will be holding his alms bowl so that they may do so. When any gods or human-like beings see that realized one’s form, they will think, ‘The blessed realized one Vajravikrāmin wishes to enjoy a meal in my presence.’ Then, with their minds they will create a circular space with seats and places to lie down, and food and drink, and they will tell that blessed one that it is time for the midday meal. Then, that realized one will enjoy the meal, and after enjoying it, he will depart. When that realized one goes into seclusion, the bodhisattvas there will dwell in an array of states of meditative concentration. That world will possess these special conditions and qualities and an immeasurable number of others. Therefore, noble son, that world is called Samantapariśuddhā.”

16.16「而且,寂慧菩薩,如來金剛遊步的色身會顯現在任何想要供養布施的諸天或人類眾生面前,他會手持缽盂,讓他們能夠供養。當任何諸天或人類眾生看到如來的色身時,他們會想:『薄伽梵如來金剛遊步希望在我面前享用餐食。』接著,他們用心念會變現出圓形的空間,有座位和臥處,還有飲食,他們會告訴薄伽梵現在是午時用餐的時候。那時,如來就享用餐食,享用完後,他會離開。當如來進入寂靜時,那個世界的菩薩們會住於各種禪定的境界中。那個世界具有這些殊勝的特質和功德,以及難以計量的其他特質。因此,善男子,那個世界被稱為『十方清淨』。」

16.17Furthermore, while the description of the prediction for Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, was being was being elucidated, twenty thousand beings conceived the aspiration for unsurpassable and perfect awakening. They made the vow, “I will be reborn in that buddha domain!” The Blessed One then made the prediction that all of them would be reborn there in Samantapariśuddhā, the buddha domain of the blessed realized one Vajravikrāmin.

16.17此外,當金剛手密跡金剛力士的授記被闡述時,二萬個眾生生起了對無上正等覺的願心。他們發誓說:「我將被轉生到那個佛國土!」薄伽梵隨後為他們所有人授記,他們都將被轉生到寂慧菩薩所在的清淨光明佛國土中,即薄伽梵如來金剛變化者的佛國土。

16.18Now, after Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, heard the prediction given for him, he was satisfied, overjoyed, pleased, and glad. He felt both delight and cheerfulness of mind, and he threw his vajra up into the vault of the sky. Right when he threw the vajra, at that precise moment, [F.168.b] this cosmos of a billion worlds quaked in the six ways, and it rained a shower of flowers. It resounded with the sounds of hundreds of musical instruments. Garlands of flowers of various colors spontaneously manifested in the right hands of everyone in the assembly. Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, then praised the Blessed One with these verses:

16.18金剛手密跡金剛力士聽聞了為他所作的授記之後,感到滿足、歡喜、喜悅和快樂。他心中既感到喜樂又感到輕安,便將他的金剛杵拋向虛空。在他拋出金剛杵的那一刻,[F.168.b]整個三千大千世界按六種方式震動,並降下花雨。響起了數百種樂器的聲音。眾會中所有人的右手中都自然顯現了各種顏色的花環。金剛手密跡金剛力士隨後用以下偈頌讚歎薄伽梵:

“Lord of Dharma, you are an abundant and inexhaustible treasury of the true Dharma.
「法主啊,您是真正之法的豐富而無盡的寶藏。
You are skilled in the fine analysis of things everywhere for the benefit of the world.
你對世間一切事物都能做出細緻透徹的分析,而且是為了利益世界。
Your heart is unwearied toward things; your detachment and surrender are firm.
你的心對事物從不厭倦;你的捨離和投靠堅定不移。
Homage to you who are fixed upon the practice of such true forms of the Dharma.
我向您致敬,您堅定於修行這樣的正法之色。
“For your knowledge and your purified conduct, O Pure Being,
「因為你的知與清淨行,啊清淨眾生,
Full of virtue like a king, your glory known far and wide through the three worlds,
德行圓滿如國王,你的榮光遍佈三界遠近聞名,
An inexhaustible stream of knowledge, now and forever through the three times,
無盡的知之流,貫穿於過去、現在和未來。
I offer salutations to you whose level now is equal to the surpassing of attachment.
我向您致敬,您現在的境界已等同於超越貪愛。
“The total purity of your pureness surpasses the pure luster of the moon.
「你的清淨圓滿超越月亮的清淨光輝。
The supreme splendor of your fine radiance surpasses the radiance of the sun.
你殊勝莊嚴的光輝超越了太陽的光芒。
The holy tones of your fine voice surpass the intonations of a brahmā.
你聖潔的妙音超越了梵天的音聲。
I salute you, your radiance that of gold, foremost even among the Three Jewels.
我禮敬你,你的光輝如同黃金,在三寶中最為殊勝。
“You display a body, but you are not at all bound to a body.
「你顯現身體,但你完全不受身體的束縛。
You speak with a voice, but concepts have no hold over you.
你用言語說法,但概念對你毫無執著。
You proclaim the Dharma, but you have no fixed notion of a dharma.
你宣說法,但對於法並無固定的認識。
You cause the liberation of beings, but you have no idea of a being.
你令眾生獲得解脫,但你心中沒有眾生的概念。
“At no point whatsoever would it be possible to repay you,
「絕對無法用任何方式來報答你,」
Not even by all the beings of the world freed from the troubles of the home,
即便世間所有眾生都遠離了家庭的煩惱而獲得解脫,
Except insofar as those beings understand what you have taught,
除非那些眾生理解你所教導的內容,
Dwell in the core of the practices, and are trained thereby in the truth.”
住於修行的核心,並通過修行而在諦中受到訓練。

16.24At that point, Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas, and all the members of the assembly who had been holding various jeweled garlands of flowers in their hands, completely covered the Blessed One with them. Right when those garlands of flowers were strewn at him, at that precise moment, this cosmos of a billion worlds became completely adorned with garlands of various flowers, and it also appeared as though it were separated into square plots like a chessboard. This was accomplished through the wondrous power of the Buddha. [F.169.a]

16.24此時,金剛手密跡金剛力士及眾會中所有手持各種珍寶花鬘的眾生,完全用花鬘覆蓋了薄伽梵。就在那些花鬘灑向他的瞬間,三千大千世界頓時被各種花鬘完全裝飾,並且它也呈現出如棋盤般被分割成方形格子的樣子。這一切都是通過佛陀的殊勝力量而成就的。

16.25This was the sixteenth chapter, “The Prediction for Vajrapāṇi, Lord of the Guhyakas.”

16.25(結尾)